Sectarian Singing - Page 31 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sectarian Singing

I'm happy with my clubs history in terms of fan behavour and club behavouir (apart from MJ's arse licking of Sevco)

Can you say the same about 100+ of years of bigotry that was actually a policy at your club? Wee bigots such as that knob Jimmy Bell have been employed at your club for decades.

One look at Rangers Media will see how disgusting your fanbase is. Have a look at a Killie forum and let me know if there's the same vile/scum amongst our support.

I know the problems within my club and it's support. And I've condemned what needs condemned.

You on the other hand are happy for your clubs fans to sing an offensive song as long as its legal. You even freely admit to singing it yourself.

I'd say that rules you out from being a sound moral compass on this subject.

I see no real difference between the Kilmarnock fans version to the one sung by the neanderthals at Rangers. Just because religion is protected in law doesn't make it worse to celebrate "being up to our knees" in someone different's blood.

I feel sorry for you that you don't understand what you're doing is wrong. Maybe thats why the Rangers fans singing their songs don't change. They're just the same as you.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is rubbish, it's a song about a Bridgeton Gang fighting another gang originally.

Why would you want to celebrate gangland violence that had a sectarian agenda ?

Billy Fullarton and his wee gang of gimps that are sung about were a gang of sectarian thugs that targeted Catholics. Fullarton was also a member of a political party called the British Fascisti that became part of the British Union of Fascists. When one sings this, one celebrates a vile, sectarian, fascist criminal .

Fullarton and his fellow kunts are probably burning in hell I trust. Best place for em.

And yet you admire this kind of thing ?

Would any of you really let Christian Dailly shag your wife?

Do motherwell fans really spend all their money on muff diving gear?

Are (insert team) in reality by far the greatest team the world has ever seen?

Do Rangers fans really not care that no one likes them....

I suppose we all sing things at the football that we don't really mean.

I know "90 minute bigots" that are married to Catholics, and one whose mothers a catholic. Not really sure what point I'm trying to make, so carry on....

I know the problems within my club and it's support. And I've condemned what needs condemned.

You on the other hand are happy for your clubs fans to sing an offensive song as long as its legal. You even freely admit to singing it yourself.

I'd say that rules you out from being a sound moral compass on this subject.

I see no real difference between the Kilmarnock fans version to the one sung by the neanderthals at Rangers. Just because religion is protected in law doesn't make it worse to celebrate "being up to our knees" in someone different's blood.

I feel sorry for you that you don't understand what you're doing is wrong. Maybe thats why the Rangers fans singing their songs don't change. They're just the same as you.

No real difference?

Doesn't rwally surpise me. You started supporting Rangers when they openly flaunted a sectarian signing policy. I think that says all that needs to be said about your moral compass.

I know "90 minute bigots" that are married to Catholics, and one whose mothers a catholic. Not really sure what point I'm trying to make, so carry on....

Just because you don't mean to be offensive doesn't stop you actually being offensive.

Where did I say that?

Well your defending the song about this gang of bigoted s, so you obviously think that something about Mr Fullarton's criminal activities, disgusting sectarian beliefs and appalling political allegiance, is evidently a harmless thing to celebrate ?

No real difference?

Doesn't rwally surpise me. You started supporting Rangers when they openly flaunted a sectarian signing policy. I think that says all that needs to be said about your moral compass.

So because my Dad took me to Rangers aged 4 that means Im condoning bigotry?

You really are clutching at straws now.

You've admitted your own inability to behave. Yes you're the same as the numpties at Ibrox, just probably less brazen.

At least they're honest in the fact they are scum. J

So because my Dad took me to Rangers aged 4 that means Im condoning bigotry?

You really are clutching at straws now.

You've admitted your own inability to behave. Yes you're the same as the numpties at Ibrox, just probably less brazen.

At least they're honest in the fact they are scum. J

Ok then, so you admit your dad condoned the bigotry and found it fit to take a 4 year old to?

Is anyone ACTUALLY offended by something at a football game?

i.e. you've been there, the opposition fans have said or sang something and its genuinely upset you?

I'm a fairly laid back guy so maybe thats the reason but I can honestly say nothing has ever got to me at a game, water off a ducks back. And at Stirling v Brechin on a Tuesday you can her EVERY word their 7 fans are shouting.

Well your defending the song about this gang of bigoted s, so you obviously think that something about Mr Fullarton's criminal activities, disgusting sectarian beliefs and appalling political allegiance, is evidently a harmless thing to celebrate ?

LOL, thats some assumption you have just made from "That is rubbish, it's a song about a Bridgeton Gang fighting another gang originally."

At no time does that comment say that GMC either defends, admires or celebrates that song.

Did you do reading at school?

Ok then, so you admit your dad condoned the bigotry and found it fit to take a 4 year old to?

Nope. He supported rangers and was an atheist through and through.

Also try and remember that 42 years ago views were very different. We are much more enlightened now. Some of us are anyway.

Is anyone ACTUALLY offended by something at a football game?

i.e. you've been there, the opposition fans have said or sang something and its genuinely upset you?

I'm a fairly laid back guy so maybe thats the reason but I can honestly say nothing has ever got to me at a game, water off a ducks back. And at Stirling v Brechin on a Tuesday you can her EVERY word their 7 fans are shouting.

I would extremely offended if people were singing racist songs, making monkey noises or throwing bananas on the pitch at a football match. The sectarian nonsense is just the next notch down the ladder.

The stuff about Killie Boys or Sheepshagging bastards or putting Man City on a bonfire (whatever that even means) is just football related silliness with no backstory in wider society.

LOL, thats some assumption you have just made from "That is rubbish, it's a song about a Bridgeton Gang fighting another gang originally."

At no time does that comment say that GMC either defends, admires or celebrates that song.

I stand by what I posted.

Perhaps then, you can tell me what exactly is clever about celebrating a criminal gang that committed sectarian acts led by a fascist ?

Or is this celebration of low life scum just "harmless banter" ?

In my experience, the ones with Catholic partners / families, are the worst. It's although they've got something to prove.

Where have defended the song?

Cheers :ok:

Where have defended the song?

You were very quick to (wrongly) deny that it was a sectarian song and merely about one gang fighting another gang. You were therefor defending it from the charge of being sectarian. Effectively you are maintaining that it is a harmless street ballad of some kind. Nonsense. To sing the Billy Boys is to celebrate a criminal gang that regularly committed sectarian acts and was led by a fascist .

Why would anyone with a brain want to sing that at a football match or make heros of these scum from yesteryear ?

You were very quick to (wrongly) deny that it was a sectarian song and merely about one gang fighting another gang. You were therefor defending it from the charge of being sectarian. Effectively you are maintaining that it is a harmless street ballad of some kind. Nonsense. To sing the Billy Boys is to celebrate a criminal gang that regularly committed sectarian acts and was led by a fascist .

Why would anyone with a brain want to sing that at a football match or make heros of these scum from yesteryear ?

Again, where did I deny it was a sectarian song?

Nope. He supported rangers and was an atheist through and through.

Also try and remember that 42 years ago views were very different. We are much more enlightened now. Some of us are anyway.

Agreed, some of us support clubs that aren't deep rooted in bigotry and others don't.

Christ, it was only two years ago Chuckles was getting the support onside by promising Orange strips.

Edited by Squirrelhumper