Tickets - Page 24 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any idea how many tickets where actually left for the 3 pointers ? indecently did manage to get a ticket after many attempts today whit wiz that all aboot the day must hit that buy button a 100 times :shocked:

All my mates on 3 points got them, but if they sold out by 12.12? couldn't have been that many as sale started at 12.00.

Edited by Robroysboy

I was expecting an email with an obvious subject header.

Only got as far as the squad announcement for the NI and Gib games

Managed to miss the bit of the email that mentioned RoI tickets :worried:

Looks like it's a Dublin pub for me and the wife.

Aye, the only reason I knew the sale was on was because of the TAMB.

Face it. U need to do the hard graft to get high enough points. All very well going to wembley and craven cottage and then expect to get tickets. Went to Amsterdam spain and Czech without official tix. Eventually wanted it so go to some friendlys and most of last away games have went to all so can't compain if never got ticket.

Allocation seems fine to me both celtic park and aviva.

Also should have bought ticketmaster as back up.

Couldn't agree more. Some people seem to think they should have been guaranteed a ticket for Dublin based on going to the England and Nigeria games.

Whilst it's a pity the FAI didn't give us a bigger allocation, we were given more than the 5% minimum and everyone who has been to at least 40% of the last 10 away games could buy a ticket for this one.

I was expecting an email with an obvious subject header.

Only got as far as the squad announcement for the NI and Gib games

Managed to miss the bit of the email that mentioned RoI tickets :worried:

Looks like it's a Dublin pub for me and the wife.

If your the lad with saltire shirt saying 'padre' on the back I know you've been to most away games, if you didn't get a ticket I'd recommend contacting them to see what they can do. Worst thing would be getting fired on the list for returned tickets once random pick up emails are sent out. Would be gutted for loyal supporters missing out due to email problems...

Edited for shocking spelling!

Edited by Rory

Couldn't agree more. Some people seem to think they should have been guaranteed a ticket for Dublin based on going to the England and Nigeria games.

Whilst it's a pity the FAI didn't give us a bigger allocation, we were given more than the 5% minimum and everyone who has been to at least 40% of the last 10 away games could buy a ticket for this one.

This time it's a bit different though. Those guys should have been getting tickets for Dublin precisely because they went to these "glamour friendlies" to put bums on seats for the SFA. They're all paying their 50 quids just like you and just because they don't have the disposable income that you have doesn't mean they shouldn't get anything back for their 50 quid (£5 tshirt excepted of course). The potential was there to get 6000 tickets for the Scottish fans but someone at the SFA f*cked it up and failed the people who are paying for their services.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the system, it works better than many other countries, but I won't stand for 'the elite' actually lording their eliteness over the others!

Face it. U need to do the hard graft to get high enough points. All very well going to wembley and craven cottage and then expect to get tickets. Went to Amsterdam spain and Czech without official tix. Eventually wanted it so go to some friendlys and most of last away games have went to all so can't compain if never got ticket.

Allocation seems fine to me both celtic park and aviva.

Also should have bought ticketmaster as back up.

This, Norway in November then Poland in March got me up to 3 points, just got high enough on the ladder at the right time for Ireland. Georgia will take me to 6.

This time it's a bit different though. Those guys should have been getting tickets for Dublin precisely because they went to these "glamour friendlies" to put bums on seats for the SFA. They're all paying their 50 quids just like you and just because they don't have the disposable income that you have doesn't mean they shouldn't get anything back for their 50 quid (£5 tshirt excepted of course). The potential was there to get 6000 tickets for the Scottish fans but someone at the SFA f*cked it up and failed the people who are paying for their services.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the system, it works better than many other countries, but I won't stand for 'the elite' actually lording their eliteness over the others!

The fact is though and It is a fact, the FAI actually gave us more tickets than they had too. Just because the SFA usually do a good job of getting us extra tickets then that shouldn't be used against them on the odd occasion when the can't.

You also make it sound like those 'Elite ' you mention are all born with silver spoons in their mouth and got cash to burn. Sounds to me like your the one with an attitude problem and don't give some of them the credit due for the sacrifices they make to follow their country.

The fact is though and It is a fact, the FAI actually gave us more tickets than they had too. Just because the SFA usually do a good job of getting us extra tickets then that shouldn't be used against them on the odd occasion when the can't.

You also make it sound like those 'Elite ' you mention are all born with silver spoons in their mouth and got cash to burn. Sounds to me like your the one with an attitude problem and don't give some of them the credit due for the sacrifices they make to follow their country.

I suppose I'm a bit bitter at the moment (dropped from 5 points recently...). I know the elite thing is a bit of a running joke but there are a lot of people here who work in the oil industry, live in a cheap country (Scotland) and therefore have a lot of disposable income. That's just a fact. I do admire the dedication required (and some of the patient wives) to get to most of the away matches. Even with a bit of disposable income that's got to be tough to keep up! And having been involved in a few different TA parties there definitely aren't a lot of silver spoons going around...

Fair point but it's the nature of the beast I'm afraid. We won't always get the allocation that some people feel we deserve and it's the people who are on 4-5 points and above that will get the tickets for those games.

I do have sympathy for people who missed out this time (I've missed out on many games in the past myself) but I don't agree with the idea that we should have been given 6000 tickets plus simply because of the size of out travelling support.

If the SFA had charged a reasonable amount for our home games in this campaign and had decent measures in place to stop Irish people buying tickets in the home end, we would have had a full house at Celtic park.

I'm not part of 'The Elite', mate. I know far too much about football for a start. ;)

I do have sympathy for people who missed out this time (I've missed out on many games in the past myself) but I don't agree with the idea that we should have been given 6000 tickets plus simply because of the size of out travelling support.

6000 would always be pushing it but the point is that someone at the SFA should have judged the travelling Irish support better and allocated them more tickets with a view to pleasing their fee paying members down the line. I don't see what that would have changed in the overall scheme of things? Maybe there's something missing in my knowledge of how ticket sales work though.

If the Dublin game had been first I'm positive we'd have been allocated more than we got now. Reason we didn't...SFA.

6000 would always be pushing it but the point is that someone at the SFA should have judged the travelling Irish support better and allocated them more tickets with a view to pleasing their fee paying members down the line. I don't see what that would have changed in the overall scheme of things? Maybe there's something missing in my knowledge of how ticket sales work though.

If the Dublin game had been first I'm positive we'd have been allocated more than we got now. Reason we didn't...SFA.

The SFA did make an @rse of it but I honestly think they were deluded enough to think they would sell out the home end easily enough.

5% is what UEFA stipulate and I don't have a problem with FAs sticking to that. You need to look after your home support first.

The huge mistake that the SFA made was not increasing the Irish allocation when it became obvious that the home end wasn't going to sell out. The dug their heels in and ended up looking stupid. It wasn't the first time they've done that and I can guarantee it won't be the last.