Tickets - Page 23 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people would have actually trusted the first sold out message. How are we meant to know the SFA are scrimping on their web budget and hiring amateurs?

I always think most of you are being a bit harsh on the SFA but with debacle after debacle like this I'm starting to join the hater club.

I imagine the reason for that is because people had ticket/tickets in their basket and they have timed out or found out they never had enough points so they went back on sale.

The ticketing site is very good now a days and much better than it used to be.

I imagine the reason for that is because people had ticket/tickets in their basket and they have timed out or found out they never had enough points so they went back on sale.

would agree with this! much easier to buy tickets with the newer system

Million times better than Slovenia were a couple of 100 7 pointers caused the entire site to crash within the first 15 seconds.

Can't help but think that all this angst could've been averted if initially the SFA had given the FAI a decent/bigger ticket allocation for our home game at Celtic Park last November!

Then some of our fans would have missed out at home!

Theres no easy solution howver, If UEFA changed their rules to match FIFA's 10% away fan allocation, then it wouldnt be down to the FA's

The more dedicated Irish fans made sure of that anyway since there were thousands of them in the home end that could have just been allocated official tickets. A smarter SFA analyst (im sure they dont spend any money on one of those) would have computed all that and realised it would pay dividends for their PR a few months down the line by assuring Dublin tickets for most of the TA.

Theres no easy solution howver, If UEFA changed their rules to match FIFA's 10% away fan allocation, then it wouldnt be down to the FA's

No they wouldn't, it would just have rant the thousands of Irish fans in the home end, would have got official away tickets.

Exactly the same as is going to happen in Dublin.

Out of our group of 6, 4 are in the home end.

J

I think we should all email the FAI Chief Executive John Delaney as he promised a "fair allocation" to Scots fans

Story here

Herald Scotland

Home > Sport > Football

Scotland fans left short-changed as Irish chief goes reneges on ticket promise

Published on 16 March 2015

Mark Walker

SCOTLAND have been officially allocated a paltry allocation of just 3,184 for the crunch Euro 2016 showdown with Ireland in June.

And that's already led to hundreds of Scotland fans paying extra for hospitality tickets in the Aviva Stadium just to get into the game.

The FAI have decided to restrict Scotland to the minimum allocation just a few months after their chief John Delaney promised he would hand the Tartan Army a 'fair' allocation.

Scotland's clash at the Aviva Stadium in the summer is gearing up to be a vital encounter as Gordon Strachan's side attempt to qualify for their first major Finals since 1998.

And the allocation has now been confirmed by the Scotland Supporters Club after meetings between the two FA's.

They Tweeted their members: "Sale coming soon - 3184 allocated - we will keep you posted on details."

The November showdown between the teams was marred by a huge row between the FAI and the SFA because Ireland were restricted to a fraction of the 8,000 tickets they demanded, leading to Irish fans snapping up tickets in the Scotland end at Parkhead.

Ireland's chief executive Delaney branded the SFA a joke and launched a savage attack on them.

He moaned: "The SFA has acted unprofessionally. They only gave us five per cent of the allocation, telling us the game was sold out when it's not. We will be more professional than the SFA when dealing their requests for the Dublin fixture.

"I don't think there is any point in us reducing their allocation and having more Scots in the Irish section. We'll give them what is fair and deal with it in a neighbourly fashion and not in a manner in how they have dealt with us."

However, he appears to have gone back on his word. The Scotland fans who do manage to get their hands on an away end ticket won't find them cheap either. Poland fans will have to pay a cheapest price of £37 for this month's qualifier and the most expensive ticket will sell for £88.

inShare

Related articles

Tartan Army restricted to 3500 for Dublin tie

Football Wed 18 Feb 2015

MENU

Home

News

Sport

Business

Comment

Arts & Ents

Life & Style

Sign in

Switch to desktop site

© 2015 Herald & Times Group. All rights reserved.

Don't see the problem here, they gave us over 5% which is more than they are entitled to!

I personally was happy the SFA gave them as little as possible tickets for game at Celtic Park, I understand it wasnt ideal for our travelling supporters but we should avoid giving Away teams any advantage with a large backing. For those not fortunate enough to get an official away end ticket, I'm sure you'll get in the home end! :ok: They'll be Scots everywhere in the ground for another momentous 3 points!!

Don't see the problem here, they gave us over 5% which is more than they are entitled to!

I personally was happy the SFA gave them as little as possible tickets for game at Celtic Park, I understand it wasnt ideal for our travelling supporters but we should avoid giving Away teams any advantage with a large backing. For those not fortunate enough to get an official away end ticket, I'm sure you'll get in the home end! :ok: They'll be Scots everywhere in the ground for another momentous 3 points!!

The point is that it didn't stop their fans getting into our home end which led to a tense atmosphere in some areas of the stadium.

Delaney promised more fairness to avoid this in Dublin, but it's not gonna

Face it. U need to do the hard graft to get high enough points. All very well going to wembley and craven cottage and then expect to get tickets. Went to Amsterdam spain and Czech without official tix. Eventually wanted it so go to some friendlys and most of last away games have went to all so can't compain if never got ticket.

Allocation seems fine to me both celtic park and aviva.

Also should have bought ticketmaster as back up.

I know some 3 pointers who got tickets, sorry you missed out.

System is good, but not perfect.

Not perfect, but this is a game that was always going to be a struggle to get tickets. The FAI are also coining it in with a large number of hospitality packages.

Not perfect, but this is a game that was always going to be a struggle to get tickets. The FAI are also coining it in with a large number of hospitality packages.

SFA will be envious, and I would encourage them to fleece hosptiality packages as long as it brings the cost down on our tickets.

Its certainly moving in the right directions. Being able to add family and friends is a huge improvement.

Still room for improvement but in general a good website. I remember applying by post, that was a nightmare.