Tickets - Page 26 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I didn't even try to get tickets as I thought, on 2 away points, I had no chance. But I just logged in out of curiosity after reading some of the posts on here and...

"Away match points required: 00002"

Aw maaan...

Sold out on 3 points yesterday. Website just going through the schedule. It will say 1 point tomorrow at noon.

Edited by scottincarlisle

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose I'm a bit bitter at the moment (dropped from 5 points recently...). I know the elite thing is a bit of a running joke but there are a lot of people here who work in the oil industry, live in a cheap country (Scotland) and therefore have a lot of disposable income. That's just a fact. I do admire the dedication required (and some of the patient wives) to get to most of the away matches. Even with a bit of disposable income that's got to be tough to keep up! And having been involved in a few different TA parties there definitely aren't a lot of silver spoons going around...

...theres a lot more of us that work our arses off and give up doing a lot of things outwith scotland matches, in order to afford going to most of the away matches.

6000 would always be pushing it but the point is that someone at the SFA should have judged the travelling Irish support better and allocated them more tickets with a view to pleasing their fee paying members down the line. I don't see what that would have changed in the overall scheme of things? Maybe there's something missing in my knowledge of how ticket sales work though.

If the Dublin game had been first I'm positive we'd have been allocated more than we got now. Reason we didn't...SFA.

UEFA need to change the rule and bring it in line with the 10% that FIFA state as an away support gaurantee

SFA could have given IFA 10,000 tickets.......... and the IFA could still have given us 3,000. The SSC have always fought hard for more tickets than the entitlement, and have done the same here - we were only entitled to 2,600. Seems your bitter and having a go at anyone... first it was the oil rich over 5 pointers with all these wads of cash tucked under our mattresses, and now the SFA........... who next i wonder......

Sfa ticketing website is okay if your ordering 1,2 or as all group of tickets,it's utter gash when your trying to order large groups and that's for home games

Having ordered our groups home tickets for years, i couldnt disagree more - on the old system, i often got timed out typing in everyoens details for order 12-14 tickets..... in addition, i used to have to keep asking for for their details, which i no longer need to do

managed to order 11 tickets for Rep of Ire on Wednesday in about 2 mins.

Its massively improved from what it once was, and now a fantastic and easy system to use!

Cheers Washboard.

Girls at ssc very helpful, as I called bang on 9am to get top of the waiting list for returns.

She mentioned that there seems to be an issue with 8 tickets, with people having them in their shopping baskets but not following through with the purchase.

They would have to re-boot the system and they should come available again.

So just sat for about a minute refreshing and it came available again.

So my bad mood, over the weekend was for nothing haha.

All this talk of elite TA who can afford go every game is rubbish, i am on just under £16,000 a year and keep all my money to go Scotland games, basically Scotland games are my social life now and just dont go out anymore in order to have enough money to go to the games.

No offence but that sounds like a miserable existence.

different priorities - when I was studying and working part time, I did similar - 3-4 night trip visiting a new foreign country to support Scotland with my TA mates every few months was worth not going out for every Friday! Certainly wouldn't call that miserable

Edited by GhostZapper

No offence but that sounds like a miserable existence.

Why split with my ex couple years ago and most my mates are now married with kids so only time we all get together is at scotland games. I enjoy my trips home and away with games.

Rather keep my money going games and getting new see new places than going out same local every weekend saying same faces!

just living the dream geed like so many of us :-))

Aye mate its France or bust for me, want make sure got enough points as i plan on going over next summer for all the time Scotland are there if we qualify.