Spl Winter Transfer Window - Page 13 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Spl Winter Transfer Window

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how many players have Celtic done that with compared to Aberdeen and over how many years?

No idea, the thing is Aberdeen have just done whet Celtic have just done and in typical sheeponthetamb fashion are moping about something that doesn't actually affect them. I'm sure the St Mirren and ICT fans will join them.

It's exactly the same thing.

It isn't at all.

Celtic's biggest obstacle to winning both cups is Dundee Utd. 2 of Utd's best attacking players now out of that equation.

St Mirren are not due to play Aberdeen in either cup competition.

Never mind only 6 months until you are pumped out of the CL by some Slovenian mob and you complain about the lack of competition in domestci football.

Strangely, I agree with EK_Celt on this one.

It's hard if you're an Arab, but if Celtic are paying what looks like top dollar for a relatively untested player, then I suppose you just have to grin and bear it.

United will go out now and try and prise Allan away from Hibs tonight, and that'll piss off all Hibees. And so it'll go on....

I couldn't give a monkey's about Celtic throwing their money about, that's the way of the world. I'm disgusted at United for selling two of our best players to the opposition when we have a cup final in a few weeks. Show some backbone, it's hardly an offer they can't refuse when they've already trousered six million in fees this year.

I think Thompson is looking to sell up and move to Australia and is just liquidising some assets.

It isn't at all.

Celtic's biggest obstacle to winning both cups is Dundee Utd. 2 of Utd's best attacking players now out of that equation.

St Mirren are not due to play Aberdeen in either cup competition.

Never mind only 6 months until you are pumped out of the CL by some Slovenian mob and you complain about the lack of competition in domestci football.

GMS signed a pre contract and Celtic were interested in Armstrong long before DU won the semi final. St Mirren and ICT are in the same league as Aberdeen, Aberdeen signing their players is no different from Celtic signing DU players.

Strangely, I agree with EK_Celt on this one.

It's hard if you're an Arab, but if Celtic are paying what looks like top dollar for a relatively untested player, then I suppose you just have to grin and bear it.

United will go out now and try and prise Allan away from Hibs tonight, and that'll piss off all Hibees. And so it'll go on....

I think in this particular case its the timing given the cup final. I suppose though Utd could have just said no unless its £3m.

Surely nobody can argue that weaking direct opposition in such an obvious fashion is a good thing for our game. Different story if it happened in the summer.

I think in this particular case its the timing given the cup final. I suppose though Utd could have just said no unless its £3m.

Surely nobody can argue that weaking direct opposition in such an obvious fashion is a good thing for our game. Different story if it happened in the summer.

I know where you're coming from, but tbh, if United get 2 million + for Armstrong and then buy Allan for 250K, then I think that's a great bit of business for them.

Frankly, I think Celtic have paid far too much (just my opinion)....Aberdeen have got a far better deal in McLean for 275K than Celtic have in Armstrong for 2 million.

I know where you're coming from, but tbh, if United get 2 million + for Armstrong and then buy Allan for 250K, then I think that's a great bit of business for them.

Frankly, I think Celtic have paid far too much (just my opinion)....Aberdeen have got a far better deal in McLean for 275K than Celtic have in Armstrong for 2 million.

£1.6m I think which seems about right.

Allan will be an interesting one if they get him. He did a 'Fyvie' on them so imagine a resigning will split the support and maybe the boardroom?

Question for Utd fans - is Allan the style of player you need now? Is he not like Spittal and Telfer?

I'd have thought you have lost pace and need need to replace that?

Easier said than done mate. Shocking decision after getting to cup final. 10k max at final now methinks

I am not angry at Celtic but I am raging at utd. Why say you want £2.5m and tell the fans you don't need to sell and then shaft them all at the last minute. That's our season f@cked with a final still to come. Very poor stuff. They could have easily got £2m in the summer.

If DU bring in Dixon and Allan, that must cheer them up a bit.

I'm surprised Celtic haven't gone for Souttar. We could send Ambrose the other way.

Not really. We've lost Robertson, Gauld, GMS and Armstrong in six months.

You should take Souttar and Ciftci as well, seems we've no interest in being competitive. If I were Hibs I'd tell us to do one over Allan. We could've got him for nothing last summer.

Question for Utd fans - is Allan the style of player you need now? Is he not like Spittal and Telfer?

I'd have thought you have lost pace and need need to replace that?

Allan is pretty pacey. He was better than our midfield when we played hibs in the cup.