Nick Clegg & His Fight Against Ragtag Mob Of Nationalists - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Nick Clegg & His Fight Against Ragtag Mob Of Nationalists

The Lib Dems are the ultimate "identity claim" political party. A bunch of "that sounds nice" policies cobbled together with no thought to how the sum of the parts add up or interact. Populist policies that exist as bait while they go after what they wanted all along, a place at the trough.

The Lib Dems are the ultimate "identity claim" political party. A bunch of "that sounds nice" policies cobbled together with no thought to how the sum of the parts add up or interact. Populist policies that exist as bait while they go after what they wanted all along, a place at the trough.

Yep, and they were finally found out when they achieved that place...

The obsession with Alex S continues to baffle. He is just one possible MP. ('It's just another three points', Brian.) The SNP don’t really need AS in Westminster, any more than any other willing footsoldier. The failure of Salmond would be nothing to the SNP, compared to the strategic setback of Farage failing to gain a seat, or the humiliation of Clegg or Murphy etc losing theirs.

More to the point, their strategy is surely counterproductive. The more the other parties try to gang up – or draft in big-hitting outsiders – to Stop Salmond, the more it looks as if it’s them who are using the electorate of Gordon for playing external party politics, not AS.

Good i hope he does campaign against alex in gordon as they will be destroyed which will hopefully be the start of anyone backing the tories getting their comeuppence.If he tells when he is arriving we can go and meet him off the train and i dont even stay up there.

Complete load of tripe from Clegg (as usual). How on earth does Alex Salmond standing for election show "breathtaking arrogance"? And as for Salmond being self-important has Clegg never heardd about pots calling kettles black? I have voted LibDem in the past and there are some decent people in that party but can't see myself doing so again, under Clegg's leadership the party's sold it's soul for a sniff of power.