What Is The Snp's Policy On Coalition? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What Is The Snp's Policy On Coalition?

Just wondering after reading the latest poll results.

I know nicola has said no deal with the tories but are formal arrangements with labour, however unlikely, possible?

If so it is hard to see a SNP Mp take a job in the British cabinet other than Scottish secretary.

Could Nicola have a cup of tea with Alex in this capacity or is it a case of too much Xmas sherry tonight.

J

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This place will go into meltdown when the SNP coalition with the Tories for "The greater good".

Aye, continue with your p1sh about how the SNP are a right wing party because they want to reduce corporation tax - something labour did 3 times when last in office. And now the insinuation that they'd go into coalition with a party they have explicitly said they'd never work with. What world is it that you live in?

Aye, continue with your p1sh about how the SNP are a right wing party because they want to reduce corporation tax - something labour did 3 times when last in office. And now the insinuation that they'd go into coalition with a party they have explicitly said they'd never work with. What world is it that you live in?

It was a joke sweetheart :wub:

And the SNP's right wingedness isn't limited to their corporation tax plans... Toots.

The SNP may well hold balance of power at next election.

Can you imagine the reaction from little Englanders if their votes are the ones which prevent a Tory majority and thus the proposed EU referendum from even taking place.

UKIP and lib dems will also hope to be in the mix. So interesting times ahead.

I think Tory,SNP deal seems unlikely.

But ironically the Tories have more devolution plans than Labour

.... It seems that Cameron see English votes as oportunity to destroy right wing views at Westminster for a generation?

Edited by Haggis_trap

Formal arrangement is possible with Labour.

However Nicola has stated that they will NOT prop up any party that favours getting new WMD's.

Is this comment for real ? How could the SNP ever possibly consider going into coalition with the Labour party after calling them the red tories for the last two years ? I bet a considerable chunk of the new SNP members have come from a labour background and for the SNP to even consider going into a coalition with the labour party is unthinkable.

Is this comment for real ? How could the SNP ever possibly consider going into coalition with the Labour party after calling them the red tories for the last two years ? I bet a considerable chunk of the new SNP members have come from a labour background and for the SNP to even consider going into a coalition with the labour party is unthinkable.

Because the SNP aren't the bastion of Sunshine you believe them to be :)

The SNP may well hold balance of power at next election.

Can you imagine the reaction from little Englanders if their votes are the ones which prevent a Tory majority and thus the proposed EU referendum from even taking place.

Scotland: Saviours of the EU.

...will be the view from Europe. From the UK mainstream media it will be more like...

Scotland: blockers of democracy.

Yip.

Scotland: Saviours of the EU.

...will be the view from Europe. From the UK mainstream media it will be more like...

Scotland: blockers of democracy.

Yip.

England might vote for independence yet.

If the SNP return 40 MPs then they will have to form some tactical alliance somewhere to have any influence at Westminster.

If they don't then its a wasted opportunity and we might as well accept the UK political system means only a vote for red or blue counts.

Merry xmas

The SNP won't go into coalition with anyone. You can be certain of that, they are more dangling a carrot in front of labour at the moment with no intention of letting them have it.

What would happen is that the SNP would prop up a labour government on a policy by policy basis. They could also negotiate certain policies they want in return for supporting certain labour policies.

In my experience the majority of their members and supporters are blinkered nutjobs. Congratulations if you're exception to the rule :ok:

Been in the party 40 years and yes I've met my share of people with different views.However the vast majority are decent folk who just want Scotland to be a normal country.

Been in the party 40 years and yes I've met my share of people with different views.However the vast majority are decent folk who just want Scotland to be a normal country.

The majority that I've met recently seem to think the party in it's current form are good for Scotland, independent or not. It makes me weep.

I keep telling myself that most don't really hate the poor, and are just naive.

Thats the beauty of opinions, we all have them.

Indeed. But when opinions are borne from ignorance then there's no helping some.

I had to point out the SNP'S disgusting right wing budget to the North Ayrshire SNP convener... I also had to point out to the same person that the SNP don't oppose Fracking because they were bleating on about Labour abstaining on the infrastructure bill.

Some nutjobs just see the word 'National' and are blinkered to everything else.

Merry Christmas :wub: