Can Someone Other Than Celtic Win The Title? - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Can Someone Other Than Celtic Win The Title?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spl_mitre_ball_bigger.jpgSPLstats@SPLstats 2m2 minutes ago

A victory for Aberdeen would make them the first non-Glasgow side to go top in January or later since Hearts did it for 15 mins on 25/2/98.

Also posted that the Dons haven't had 6 clean sheets in a row since April to August 89 and St Johnstone have never won 6 top flight games in a row.

1-1

A victory for Aberdeen would make them the first non-Glasgow side to go top in January or later since Hearts did it for 15 mins on 25/2/98.

An unbelieveable and sad stat.

I mind Killie going close to top by winning at Fir Park on Ne'er Day 99, but googling it we were still 3 behind Rangers...

Edited by Toepoke

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too much expectation being heaped on the Dons just now.

It's pretty much impossible for Aberdeen to keep on doing what needs to be done....winning game after game after game.... to have any chance at all of competing at the top.

Hardest game of the season tomorrow against a team in good form, and with a manager who was pretty much the only coach to out-tactic McInnes in 2014.

I'd be more than surprised if we manage to get 3 points tomorrow. And on top of that, Celtic will now start raising their game....they'll thump Thistle tomorrow night.

I do suspect as well that when Aberdeen do inevitably drop points, there'll be quite a few who will be quite chuffed about it.

I actually thought you had to go back to January 1992 to find a non Glasgow team top of the table post New Year, when Hearts were. Missed that brief 15 spell in Feb '98.

If Aberdeen can see out February on top then it might be time to talk about a serious possibility of winning the league, bearing on mind we'll have played Celtic on the 28th. Until then, one game at a time and all that!

5 points between the top 5. That's great!!

The best thing for the other clubs would be for Celtic to get past Inter Milan because we are always more likely to drop points before and after European matches. Another few games will stretch us more and we'll drop more points. It's goes some way to balancing out the advantage we have in our bigger squad.

The bad news for everyone else is that Ambrose is off to Africa soon and will be unavailable for us. We'll be playing with 11 men again.

Edited by PASTA Mick

5 points between the top 5. That's great!!

The best thing for the other clubs would be for Celtic to get past Inter Milan because we are always more likely to drop points before and after European matches. Another few games will stretch us more and we'll drop more points. It's goes some way to balancing out the advantage we have in our bigger squad.

The bad news for everyone else is that Ambrose is off to Africa soon and will be unavailable for us. We'll be playing with 11 men again.

Have to say that's why I was so surprised you have a break coming up. I knew this had happened at the start of the season but half way through is mental.