Price Of Oil At Five Year Low - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Price Of Oil At Five Year Low

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read an article the other day that said oil would soon rebound and will go higher than ever due to the current lack of investment being made due to the low oil price. wonderful.

It's good that the UK Government had the foresight to set up an oil fund, keeping the economy stable during fluctuations in oil price....

It's good that the UK Government had the foresight to set up an oil fund, keeping the economy stable during fluctuations in oil price....

yep exactly. to balance out the peaks and troughs and to manage the resource in a sensible and more sustainable way...if only .

"Did Labour not say an oil fund wasn't possible during the referendum?"

Ah, but it's not an oil fund, it's a resilience fund now.

The Labour party recently wanted the Scottish tax payer to subsidise the jobs of non Scots working offshore.

The scary bit for me is that they are talking about nationalising some of the struggling oil fields, this for me is worrying as if we were to have another referendum it would be put across that "britain" owned the oil...that being said i have always thought its best if oil fields are owned by the state.

Guest flumax

If it happened, it'll be like the east coast rail franchise. Tax payer bouys it and government Waits until it's profitable and sell it back to its pals at cut price.