New Bond Film - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Bond Film

Will be called Spectre.

Daniel Craig as 007, Ralph Fiennes as M, Ben Wishaw as Q, Naomie Harris as Moneypenny all returning.

Others in the cast are Dave Bautista (formerly of WWE and Guardians of the Galaxy), Andrew Scott (Moriarty in Sherlock), Monica Belluci, Lea Seydoux and Christoper Waltz. Rory Kinnear also returns.

Release Date November 6th 2015

Interesting title.....

Cast looks alright, though my first thoughts when I saw Bautista was "Vin Diesel must be busy....." and "is there room in the Daniel Craig Bond World for OTT bad guys?" (I was not a big fan of Silva in Skyfall... they were trying to make him to "old school" Bond bad guy, but every time he spoke all I could picture from that point was David Walliams, and could not take him serious)

Christoph Waltz will be an excellent Bond villain. Looks like he might be playing Blofeld.

His character has already been named as Oberhauser.... I suppose it will be a modern version of Blofeld, with a few nods to the original character.

His character has already been named as Oberhauser.... I suppose it will be a modern version of Blofeld, with a few nods to the original character.

Given that Spectre are the main antagonists and Blofeld was their main man I think we'll see the actuall Blofeld in some shape or form.

A bit like the John Harris/Khan thing in the latest JJ Abrams Star Trek movie

Edited by Fairbairn

Given that Spectre are the main antagonists and Blofeld was their main man I think we'll see the actuall Blofeld in some shape or form.

Yeah, probably a view to moving forward, but acknowledging the past also (just hope they do not go overboard with it like in Skyfall).

Skyfall...forgot how terrible it was, rotten. Heard David Mitchell describe Bond as 'a bit rapey' on TV the other day. Plus it is becoming very obvious that the UK is not the 'good guy'. If it was real life it would be more likely that 'Bond' would be running about silencing people who were speaking out about child abuse in care homes. Maybe a brand that has had its day.

Edited by thplinth

it's not really Bond anymore though is it. It's a modern day action franchise that they've borrowed some characters names from, slapped the Bond music on and shipped out.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed most of the Daniel Craig movies but I would have enjoyed them just as much if they weren't trying pass them off as Bond films.

No doubt this will be another Bond film taking itself far too seriously like Skyfall where loads of people rave about it because they have fallen for the hype.

not sure I agree. I think 2 of the last 3 films have been pretty good entertainment. I think it's the people watching them that need to take themselves less seriously. these are bond films after all.

not sure I agree. I think 2 of the last 3 films have been pretty good entertainment. I think it's the people watching them that need to take themselves less seriously. these are bond films after all.

To be honest the Daniel Craig ones are the ones that deserve the most criticism because before that they accepted what they were.

CNN have been able to get hold of leaked Emails the North Korea's where able to get when they hacked Sony the other week.

Apparently movie is massively over budget already and Sony want to shave £250m off it before filming has even started......

One of the Bond girls will be a "Lesbian Bad Girl".....

There will be another train chase in this movie.....

Blofeld is confirmed as being in this movie.....

Apparently they wanted Chiwetel Ejiofor (12 years a slave) to play the Character Andrew Scott is playing, but Sony said no to it and pushed for Scott as his fee would be a lot less than what Ejiofor would ask for.