Strange Hogmanay Venues - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strange Hogmanay Venues

This year I fancied a road trip somewhere different for Hogmanay so after scanning a radius of where I stay I came across a Perth in Ontario, Canada. Chuckling I thought it might be cool to spend Hogmanay in a Perth as I have spent dozens of others in Perth back home. After reading about the area I even notice the town comes complete with it's own river Tay! :-))

Looking forward to the road trip as it will take me through the border just up from Detroit and through Toronto.

Who else has spent Hogmanay in either cracking or strange locations?

My favorite new year to date was spent skiing in the French alps in a place called Alpe d'Huez. Amazing trip!!

I had a great hogmany in Meriebel (sp) in the Alps. Soured only by my mates missus having an almighty cob on at him, for dancing too close to some other girl. I admit it was a bit silly of him, but she sat boot faced for the rest of the night, giving him daggers.

It's a bit low key since we have had kids, had a good one with my sister in law and her family last year, we got the kids in bed and had a party in her annex.

J

My favorite new year to date was spent skiing in the French alps in a place called Alpe d'Huez. Amazing trip!!

Great wee resort!

Both New Years I spent in Whistler were great but pretty different! First one was a huge house party with all the friends I had met over the year. Second time was just four of us went to a bar for live music to bring in the bells then went to a house party, lost everyone and wondered around until I found a new party then wondered home trying to find a shortcut and ended up climbing about 25 foot of snow into someone's back garden before eventually finding my house.