Dons Debt News - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man City, Sunderland, Southampton and Brighton off the top of my head are all attracting far higher average crowds than they were in their old grounds.

Man City and Sunderland are doing significantly better in the league since they've moved grounds. Southampton's old ground was simply too small, and Brighton's out-of-town ground is actually more convenient for the majority of local supporters - their support is mostly drawn from small towns and rural areas around Sussex, as opposed to the town itself, which is mostly populated by fleeing Londoners, and incomers from all over Britain to the gay scene.

Edited by ZoltanBuchan

Any examples in Scotland of stadiums being built out of town in B&Q car parks making things better? Struggle to think of one; maybe Falkirk? In general league football in Scotland, certainly more so than in England, is a product that is difficult enough to sell. Making it more difficult for fans to get to and from the grounds is a bad idea. Most (by no means all) fans would choose to have a stadium in the heart of their community, readily accessible to most, and within easy walking distance from boozers, cafes and stations. I'm really enjoying going to Hearts away games this season in places where the grounds are in or around the town centre. We haven't bothered with those where the grounds are out of town (e.g. Falkirk). If Hearts relocate to some soulless retail park out by the bypass would I go and watch games there? Not sure, but I doubt it.

Edited by Pool Q

Are they better? Appreciate that people look for different things. Never went to Telford Street Park so can't comment on Caley, other than to say that it fits in pretty well with the soulless, B&Q car park theme. As does McDairmid, which is 'nice' in a bland sort of a way but rarely has any atmosphere at all; it does have plenty of parking for the tractors though.

The more indoor pitches the better.

Would it be realistic to hope a stadium could have a roof? The winter in Scotland is brutal for playing good football with rain and wind.

Football stadiums are not designed to protect us against the elements. Rain gets in at the front rows and the wind gets in via corners not filled in. People used to stand now you have to sit getting increasingly cold.

The more indoor pitches the better.

Would it be realistic to hope a stadium could have a roof? The winter in Scotland is brutal for playing good football with rain and wind.

Football stadiums are not designed to protect us against the elements. Rain gets in at the front rows and the wind gets in via corners not filled in. People used to stand now you have to sit getting increasingly cold.

Costs a lot of money to fill the corners in

• 3 weeks later...

Aberdeen FC shareholders this evening at the 111th AGM, have unanimously voted in favour of financial restructuring which will wipe out the club’s debt.

Husband and wife Willie and Elaine Donald – who live in Netherley, near Stonehaven, and own civil engineering firm WM Donald – have put up the bulk of the money to reduce the club’s net debt by £14.49m. The Donalds will become major shareholders of the club but have no interest in a presence on the board.

The move means Mr and Mrs Donald will each have a shareholding of around 10%.

As part of the deal to clear the club’s debt, Stewart Milne Group and related parties will have increased their shareholding to around 43% but their voting rights will be restricted to 29.9%.

The Aberdeen FC Community Trust will receive a shareholding of around 9% by way of gift and the shareholdings of existing ordinary shareholders will be diluted by around 55%.

1601956_665109580254522_8748044545092202

Good to hear.

Another report says not to expect any mad spending any time soon as we want to keep ourselves in this position.

I wouldn't believe that,I'm on nightshift beside the airport and I just seen Ronaldo and messi getting onto the number 27 bus.

I've been told they bought an all day ticket and are heading to get off at the drive,the number 5 to danestone,then the 1 or 2 to king street,whichever one comes first.

You heard it here first folks.

I wouldn't believe that,I'm on nightshift beside the airport and I just seen Ronaldo and messi getting onto the number 27 bus.

I've been told they bought an all day ticket and are heading to get off at the drive,the number 5 to danestone,then the 1 or 2 to king street,whichever one comes first.

You heard it here first folks.

mugs.

The 727 goes round Mounthooly.

I heard they would have got a taxi if it wasn't for the £1 drop-off fee.