Dons Debt News - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have known for a couple of months that a deal was close on wiping out the debt but the involvement of Willie and Elaine Donald is news to me.

Fantastic news and great to see that success on the pitch translating into a huge increase in turnover.

Announcement on purpose built training facilities to follow shortly too.

Wages to turnover down to 55%.

Good news.

Without meaning to dredge up an old news and steer this off topic, when you consider that Rangers wages to turnover is around 33% and the above is being touted as good news (which I've no doubt it is), it highlights the ridiculous amounts of money being siphoned out of Ibrox by other means.

As you were.

So, who is taking the hit? Who was the money owed to and why is not owed any more?

United's bank debt was bought out by "sympathetic local businessmen" along with the bank agreeing to take a share of future transfers for reducing the rest. The sales of Robertson and Gauld paid most of that back, but has somebody written off £14.49m here or have shareholdings been diluted to allow these new investors in?

Without meaning to dredge up an old news and steer this off topic, when you consider that Rangers wages to turnover is around 33% and the above is being touted as good news (which I've no doubt it is), it highlights the ridiculous amounts of money being siphoned out of Ibrox by other means.

As you were.

True

So, who is taking the hit? Who was the money owed to and why is not owed any more?

United's bank debt was bought out by "sympathetic local businessmen" along with the bank agreeing to take a share of future transfers for reducing the rest. The sales of Robertson and Gauld paid most of that back, but has somebody written off £14.49m here or have shareholdings been diluted to allow these new investors in?

The Donalds and AFC Trust have invested for a piece of the club and wee Wiggy has transferred debt to shares.I think bank debt stood at nearly £10m so obviously the Donalds have put in a ####in bundle if it's wi wi wi wiped out.

I'd like to see a toaster and a left back come in during January

Details are still a bit sketchy, but Willie and Elaine Donald appear to be taking the main hit. Using the previous years figures, the total debt was £15.06m, including bank loans of £10.075m. For £14.49m to be written off (I'm assuming this figure will match the current years debt, although this has still to be confirmed), SMG and AAM will convert their remaining loans to equity and Willie and Elaine Donald will pay off the bulk of the bank debt in exchange for shares. The AFC community trust will also pay off a portion of the bank debt for shares.

The Donalds and AFC Trust have invested for a piece of the club and wee Wiggy has transferred debt to shares.I think bank debt stood at nearly £10m so obviously the Donalds have put in a ####in bundle if it's wi wi wi wiped out.

I'd like to see a toaster and a left back come in during January

well if the debt has gone - £10m worth, then that will free up quite a lot of cash to spend on things other than interest. good news for you.

Details are still a bit sketchy, but Willie and Elaine Donald appear to be taking the main hit. Using the previous years figures, the total debt was £15.06m, including bank loans of £10.075m. For £14.49m to be written off (I'm assuming this figure will match the current years debt, although this has still to be confirmed), SMG and AAM will convert their remaining loans to equity and Willie and Elaine Donald will pay off the bulk of the bank debt in exchange for shares. The AFC community trust will also pay off a portion of the bank debt for shares.

are the donalds defo taking shares for the debt or is it in effect an interest free loan like Utd did?

are the donalds defo taking shares for the debt or is it in effect an interest free loan like Utd did?

Donalds are defo. taking shares. A £14.49m reduction will almost certainly make us debt free, with no loans from anywhere.