Tonev The Racist - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tonev The Racist

Before today's ruling I thought Tonev probably said it but it was never going to be proven one way or the other as it was always one word against another. Now the ruling is out my position is the exact same. Celtic should cut all ties and allow Villa and his own FA take up the case if he wishes to continue his fight.

Just a pity Logan made an utter Chunt of himself rather than displaying the class and dignified approach we were led to believe.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yes, but if a case is pretty weak, the sherrif can chuck it out.

This the civil standard of proof, not criminal. Presumably, ek_celt will be pushing for an overhaul of all civil judgments on the basis that he is not happy with the standard of proof....

On a separate note, I assume Celtic have to pay the SFA's costs of running this appeal.

Edited by bruce778

the evidence is there - you just choose to ignore it, if Logan was lying ( and why would he?) he would deserve every ban he got. 2 panels have decided that he was telling the truth, the reaction of the player, and the defence from Tonev, proves that hewas telling the truth.

are you saying if it happened to A celtic player your reaction would be the same?

The panel actually ruled a set of events happened that neither player claims happened. there are 3 stories, Tonev's, Logans's and the SFA's. Personally i believe Logan's so i have no idea why the SFA decided to not just believe his events, instead of saying OK we accept your story but we think you said this and not this.

If there are further steps available then Celtic will rightly pursue them. If any of them involve a court of law, he will almost certainly be cleared of this.

If any of them involve a court of law, Celtic will encur sanctions.

UEFA rules as I understand it (and unless they've changed them) forbid clubs challenging national associations in the courts.

Celtic are just gonna have to shut the f*ck up and suck this one up.

One more victim badge though...so every cloud and all that.

Guilty, and my club come out of all this very badly. On top of the way the Leigh Griffiths debacle was handled it's all making this 'a club open to all' stuff look very shallow. The sad thing is that some of my fellow tims seem more interested in the disciplinary process than the truth :-(

Edited by slasher

Guilty, and my club come out of all this very badly. On top of the way the Leigh Griffiths debacle was handled it's all making this 'a club open to all' stuff look very shallow. The sad thing is that some of my fellow tims seem more interested in the disciplinary process than the truth :-(

:ok:

I remember when we had Ilian Kiriakov who was reasonably popular with the fans. He gobbed on a Killie player and was practically run out of town by the support. We also renamed him The Vulgar Bulgar.

Of course the natural reaction is to stand by your own team's man but sometimes a step back adds a different perspective.

Maybe "open to all" applies to racists as well then?