The England Shirt - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sorry if I've missed a thread elsewhere but we've got to discuss the wonderful histrionics about the new England kit. I thought the only thing in football to make this year better would be Scotland getting out of the group, but this is a fucking joy. The toys out of the pram stuff about the war, national insults and all of the wonderfully deep fried gammonery is just beautiful. 😂😂

Yeah. It's glorious. All sorts of woke, boycott, national insult kind of shite, it's beautiful.

Just because there's a little bit of blue in their St George's Cross 😂

13 hours ago, biffer said:

Yeah. It's glorious. All sorts of woke, boycott, national insult kind of shite, it's beautiful.

Just because there's a little bit of blue in their St George's Cross 😂

It cheered me up a bit this morning especially when they quote the great minds that are Farage and Shilton being ragin 😂 Plus Starmer saying the usual flag is 'unifying' 👀

Also it's the only kind of nonsense that gets Sunak and his culture secretary speaking up, same with scrutiny of Saint Catherine's whereabouts. Top priorities in old blighty what what! 

Edited by StirlingEgg

7 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

Let's be honest, if they decided to do a rainbow St Andrews Cross, we'd have a proportionate number of cretins be reacting the same.  

Being honest - we wouldn't

Too much apathy caused by years of dreadful shirts for starters then there are the Unionists among us

They would love it

Edited by Ally Bongo

I actually have a bit of sympathy for England fans. (Although its still funny)

National flags are meant to mean something. There is zero need to change them. Do whatever you want to the top, make the trim whatever colour but why the flag? 

I wouldnt be happy if they changed the Saltire on our strip. I cant imagine any national fans being pleased if it happened on their shirt.

The bigger issue is that the England flag has been hijacked by the far and not so far right in England so its almost become marketing negative.

23 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Being honest - we wouldn't

Too much apathy caused by years of dreadful shirts for starters then there are the Unionists among us

They would love it

Knew i was right

image.jpeg.c1f342d136a3f517c8d5a1f53022fa71.jpeg

20 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

I actually have a bit of sympathy for England fans. (Although its still funny)

National flags are meant to mean something. There is zero need to change them. Do whatever you want to the top, make the trim whatever colour but why the flag? 

I wouldnt be happy if they changed the Saltire on our strip. I cant imagine any national fans being pleased if it happened on their shirt.

The bigger issue is that the England flag has been hijacked by the far and not so far right in England so its almost become marketing negative.

It just seems like a weird thing to do. Include the flag on the shirt or don't. I don't understand what changing the colours of the flag to the point where it doesn't even look like the England flag is meant to signify.

Then again, as is often the case with anything to do with the England national football team, the reaction is way, way over the top. Politicians getting involved FFS - have they nothing more important to talk about or be asked about??

On 3/22/2024 at 7:54 AM, LoganRoy said:

Let's be honest, if they decided to do a rainbow St Andrews Cross, we'd have a proportionate number of cretins be reacting the same.  

And rightly so

It’s bad enough there’s countless satires emblazoned with club badges, supporters clubs names, Yes and all other manner of inconsequential pish. It’s a saltire of our country. It’s not to be a look at me accessory 

Over the last couple of years I’m surprised it’s not been suggested we adopt a Ukraine or Palestine flag

Edited by DoonTheSlope

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

And rightly so

It’s bad enough there’s countless satires emblazoned with club badges, supporters clubs names, Yes and all other manner of inconsequential pish. It’s a saltire of our country. It’s not to be a look at me accessory 

Over the last couple of years I’m surprised it’s not been suggested we adopt a Ukraine or Palestine flag

Did you moan about the above shirt when it came out - or when McFadden scored in Paris wearing it ?

The Saltire isn't white after all

You have already posted about wearing football tops and as you would most likely be embarrassed to wear a Scotland jersey why would it bother you ?

19 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Did you moan about the above shirt when it came out - or when McFadden scored in Paris wearing it ?

The Saltire isn't white after all

You have already posted about wearing football tops and as you would most likely be embarrassed to wear a Scotland jersey why would it bother you ?

I did moan about the Russian Navy like flag being on a Scotland jersey as did many others. If social media had been easily more accessible and more widely used in 06? 07? it would no doubt have received a similar reaction. There was certainly debate on it around the time on the likes of Your Call and Ewan and Roughie

19 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I did moan about the Russian Navy like flag being on a Scotland jersey as did many others. If social media had been easily more accessible and more widely used in 06? 07? it would no doubt have received a similar reaction. There was certainly debate on it around the time on the likes of Your Call and Ewan and Roughie

I've been here since 2003 and can't remember anything like that at all

Doubless there would have been folk that didn't like it but it was nowt to do with the colour of the saltire

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

I've been here since 2003 and can't remember anything like that at all

The Tam Board are the official spokespeople for Scotland fans right enough 

That’s like me saying that because I didn’t know anyone that died in the holocaust it obviously didn’t happen

Jesus cunt almighty!

Who gives a flying fuck about the engerland top. I wouldnae wipe ma arse wae any of them !!! Scotland Forever 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

1 hour ago, LoganRoy said:

An inverted saltire vs homophones complaining about Nike "ramming" equality down their throats.  Absolutely the same thing 😂

50 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The Tam Board are the official spokespeople for Scotland fans right enough 

That’s like me saying that because I didn’t know anyone that died in the holocaust it obviously didn’t happen

Jesus cunt almighty!

Did Alex Salmond give an interview to the press saying it was a disgrace what the SFA/Umbro had done to the saltire 🤣

It really must irk the fucking yoons on here that Scotland fans are indeed much different from the English

They resort to making up stories or give false equivalence to try and say we arent

The fact that Starmer and Sunak have jumped on the offended bandwagon is absolutely pathetic. Its obviously nothing more than populism from two absolute cunts.

On 3/24/2024 at 9:09 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Did Alex Salmond give an interview to the press saying it was a disgrace what the SFA/Umbro had done to the saltire 🤣

It really must irk the fucking yoons on here that Scotland fans are indeed much different from the English

They resort to making up stories or give false equivalence to try and say we arent

Maybe Alex Salmond was too busy trying to achieve the main part of the manifesto he was elected on rather than having his face in front of the camera pontificating and trying to curry favour on all manner of inconsequential pish, unlike his successors. Or maybe he was too busy boozing and shagging. He was a big fan of that by all accounts. But then aren’t we all?

He maybe did pass comment. It was a long time ago. I can’t remember

It must really irk you that your only counter is to claim your opp is “making up stories” and calling complete strangers from the internet who you know nothing about “fucking yoons”

A special kind of chip on a special kind of shoulder right there

Edited by DoonTheSlope

23 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

A special kind of chip on a special kind of shoulder right there

If someone tells you who they are - believe them

You have absolutely ZERO evidence for your claims but carry on

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/international/scotland/scotland-2000-2010.html

There was nothing understated with Diadora's 2007 set of kits. The new "home" outfit was all-navy with metallic gold trim. The change kit was in all-white with a pale blue St Andrew's cross on the chest, an inspired interpretation of a patriotic theme, worn for the first time against Italy, in Bari, on 28 March 2007 in the Euro 2008 qualifying campaign.

https://www.vintagefootballshirts.com/blog/my-favourite-scotland-football-kits/112

Scotland 2007-08 Away Kit by Diadora

When you start choosing shirts for a best ever Scotland kits blog you think to yourself, ‘don't just choose a shirt based on a memory’. I'm not sure if this is the case with the 2007-08 away kit, but you have to have it in there, and I'm sure all Scotland fans would agree with that. The design is actually a strong one with the Scotland flag represented with a Saltire cross design across the front of the shirt, but honestly, it’s that James McFadden goal against France that seals it’s place as one of the best Scotland shirts of all-time. Simply incredible.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7189069/pink-tartan-hooped-shorts-scotland-kits-revisited/

Diadora brought this away kit out in 2007, perhaps because having one Saltire on the players' chest wasn't patriotic enough.

And finally to top your lies off