Hampden Park Tickets (App) - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hampden Park Tickets (App)

Broath Boy

26 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Harvesting is one thing, fraud is in a different league altogether. Even Tidy wouldn't do that. Or would she?

Wash out yer mouth. There is absolutely no way I would try and get in using a discounted senior ticket.
Can you imagine the humiliation if they let me in. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I would think you would lose the point if you transfer to somebody else. 

Otherwise, what's the point in the points system?

You would think so right. Some information would be nice, even if it's the type you could take with a pinch of salt. They initially said no ability to transfer at all remember.

At least your reply is sensible versus the others losing their wig over me asking the same questions as everybody else 🤣

So I bought an extra ticket for a pal in the public sale (SSC members can buy 4). Transferred to my pal, he downloads the app and has tried 6 times to get a code to login in. With no success.

My other pal's 6 year old grandson doesnt have a phone (been an SSC member since birth). They had to set up an email address for him so he could get tickets. Despite the SFA saying there would be a family option in the app, no one can find it and no guidance has come out. So, do they login as the wee fella, shove him through the turnstile, log out and then back in as the adult to eventually get through to rescue the wean?

My sister has had to set up email addresses for 11 and 13 year olds (both SSC members) so that they could get their tickets.

Someone in the SFA should have thought about all these possibilities before going live.

4 hours ago, GLOSTA said:

So I bought an extra ticket for a pal in the public sale (SSC members can buy 4). Transferred to my pal, he downloads the app and has tried 6 times to get a code to login in. With no success.

My other pal's 6 year old grandson doesnt have a phone (been an SSC member since birth). They had to set up an email address for him so he could get tickets. Despite the SFA saying there would be a family option in the app, no one can find it and no guidance has come out. So, do they login as the wee fella, shove him through the turnstile, log out and then back in as the adult to eventually get through to rescue the wean?

My sister has had to set up email addresses for 11 and 13 year olds (both SSC members) so that they could get their tickets.

Someone in the SFA should have thought about all these possibilities before going live.

Transfer the wee ones ticket to your account as per the guidance 

It's through up alot of good questions

Six of us with the membership and two can't make it due to working offshore

1. Did SFA confirm that if you transfer the ticket do you loose a point as I would be transferring to my brother who doesn't have a membership?

Also can two tickets be transferred to the same account?

8 hours ago, GLOSTA said:

I’m not suggesting the system is perfect but I don’t think this is an issue anyone can complain about. There can’t be many 11-13 year olds who don’t already have an email address. They are also free and easy to set up for anyone who doesn’t have one. 

After all my moaning about it it’s actually pretty easy to use. Logged out the app then logged in with my daughters email and transferred her ticket to me. 

Edited by mwng

7 hours ago, YesTA said:

Transfer the wee ones ticket to your account as per the guidance 

All of our lot must have missed the guidance. Was that emailed out?

3 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I’m not suggesting the system is perfect but I don’t think this is an issue anyone can complain about. There can’t be many 11-13 year olds who don’t already have an email address. They are also free and easy to set up for anyone who doesn’t have one. 

15 minutes ago, GLOSTA said:

If you purchased N.Ireland tickets, I believe you should have had emails inviting you to install the Hampden App titled "Your ticket(s) is ready!".

Part way through the installation, you should get another email "Your login code:" with your access code to enter into the app.

Was straightforward for me, but then I did get the emails.

17 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

If you purchased N.Ireland tickets, I believe you should have had emails inviting you to install the Hampden App titled "Your ticket(s) is ready!".

Part way through the installation, you should get another email "Your login code:" with your access code to enter into the app.

Was straightforward for me, but then I did get the emails.

Yep... got that and did it. But transfer did not work as pal could not get a login code.

And the guidance says info for those without smartphone (kids foe our group) will come out in due course. 

Screenshot_20240316_223151_Samsung Internet.jpg

40 minutes ago, GLOSTA said:

have found it but where does it say transfer to your own account?

44 minutes ago, GLOSTA said:

Its in the FAQs from memory. I managed to transfer my sons ticket to my account quite easily. Register your account and download the app. Do the same for your child/grandchild, log into your app using their email. Transfer their ticket to your email address. Log our and back in with your email and you should see you have 2 tickets on your app.

1 minute ago, YesTA said:

Its in the FAQs from memory. I managed to transfer my sons ticket to my account quite easily. Register your account and download the app. Do the same for your child/grandchild, log into your app using their email. Transfer their ticket to your email address. Log our and back in with your email and you should see you have 2 tickets on your app.

thanks 

On 3/14/2024 at 7:10 PM, supersub said:

Let's hope it goes smoothly on the day when QR codes are available

Was just going to post the same. Definitely going to be getting to Hampden a lot earlier just to avoid any potential turnstile issues on the day.

8 minutes ago, GLOSTA said:

I had a warm feeling when an envelope arrived this morning with a paper ticket for the game in Amsterdam next week...

Aye, you can't been a paper ticket compared to this electronic pish!

18 minutes ago, YesTA said:

This in spades.

Not looking forward to the inevitable technological....ehm...hiccups at Hampden on the 26th.

27 minutes ago, YesTA said:

7 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

This in spades.

Not looking forward to the inevitable technological....ehm...hiccups at Hampden on the 26th.

I actually prefer electronic tickets. 

No chance of losing them and if you are daft enough (or unlucky enough) to lose your phone you can log in someone else’s

It’s also much better for the environment if you care about that sort of thing. 

I might change my mind if the app goes tits up a week on Tuesday…….

5 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I actually prefer electronic tickets. 

No chance of losing them and if you are daft enough (or unlucky enough) to lose your phone you can log in someone else’s

It’s also much better for the environment if you care about that sort of thing. 

I might change my mind if the app goes tits up a week on Tuesday…….

except when multi factor authentication sends a text to your lost phone...

as for the environment, how much electricity is being used? 

13 minutes ago, GLOSTA said:

except when multi factor authentication sends a text to your lost phone...

as for the environment, how much electricity is being used? 

Does the app do that? Surely you get the choice of an email? 

Not sure about electricity but since everyone has their face stuck in their phones constantly I don’t think it would make a difference. 

Regardless of any of that the paperless tickets are here to stay so I think we just need to accept it. 

Having said that there is apparently an option for anyone who doesn’t have a smartphone so I guess you could just tell the SSC you don’t have one and go down that route? 

18 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Does the app do that? Surely you get the choice of an email? 

Not sure about electricity but since everyone has their face stuck in their phones constantly I don’t think it would make a difference. 

Regardless of any of that the paperless tickets are here to stay so I think we just need to accept it. 

Having said that there is apparently an option for anyone who doesn’t have a smartphone so I guess you could just tell the SSC you don’t have one and go down that route? 

TBH I don't know about the Hampden app, yet... it was just a general whinge! I remain to be convinced everything on phones is easier.

When Hampden is busy getting a data signal is almost impossible. Will the app work without data? 

As an example I have had a few flights and train journeys recently where at the gate the app didn't function as no data signal, (or i wouldn't pay for data roaming) and screenshots or pdfs don't work. Worst is BA as the app always crashes.

Having a paper copy of my booking saved the day.

4 minutes ago, GLOSTA said:

TBH I don't know about the Hampden app, yet... it was just a general whinge! I remain to be convinced everything on phones is easier.

When Hampden is busy getting a data signal is almost impossible. Will the app work without data? 

As an example I have had a few flights and train journeys recently where at the gate the app didn't function as no data signal, (or i wouldn't pay for data roaming) and screenshots or pdfs don't work. Worst is BA as the app always crashes.

Having a paper copy of my booking saved the day.

As a cash user I smiled wryly to myself queuing at the check out to pay for the messages in Sainsbury’s while folk were getting turned away because their digital systems were down

Fuck the new world order

4 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

As a cash user I smiled wryly to myself queuing at the check out to pay for the messages in Sainsbury’s while folk were getting turned away because their digital systems were down

Fuck the new world order

Ha...we were with some relatives in Nottingham recently who refuse to even carry credit cards as they want to pay everything with their watches. I nearly wet myself when they couldn't pay their bus fare...until I realised I had to pay it for them...