Scotland v Holland and Northern Ireland - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Holland and Northern Ireland

romanticscot

Gunn

patterson Porteous McKenna tierney robertson

Gilmour.  Ferguson     
                   Mct.    Mcg

Dykes

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Gunn

patterson Porteous McKenna tierney robertson

Gilmour.  Ferguson     
                   Mct.    Mcg

Dykes

McKenna pulled out injured, widely reported in all the Scottish peasant news outlets. 🤪

13 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Can't see what relevance players performances against NL 3 years ago have.  Cooper has been on the bench practically the whole season & that's where I expect him to be tomorrow night though I can see Clarke bringing him on for KT at some stage. 

Don't think KT has played close to a full 90 minutes since returning so we should be managing his minutes during these friendlies

I was just playing devil's advocate a wee bit. I personally would be happy to see Souttar and Porteous starting as well. Hendry has more international experience than Souttar, so he may just edge it. Which I'd be fine with.

Could this be Cooper's final camp with us? It's going to be increasingly difficult to justify his inclusion.

I don't think there will be too many surprises tonight. I'd expect Dykes or Adams to start (even if I'd prefer Shankland). Though maybe he'll suprise us all and play two up-front (one of whom is Shankland).  I do expect to see Ferguson and Shankland getting at least a half with Christie playing the McGregor role.

The only area I'm not sure about is CB. I hope Souttar starts and, listening to Carver talking about Hendry, that's the most likely big unforced change I think.

Though he scored a great goal against Norway, I'll be kind of annoyed if McLean starts.

30 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

I don't think there will be too many surprises tonight. I'd expect Dykes or Adams to start (even if I'd prefer Shankland). Though maybe he'll suprise us all and play two up-front (one of whom is Shankland).  I do expect to see Ferguson and Shankland getting at least a half with Christie playing the McGregor role.

The only area I'm not sure about is CB. I hope Souttar starts and, listening to Carver talking about Hendry, that's the most likely big unforced change I think.

Though he scored a great goal against Norway, I'll be kind of annoyed if McLean starts.

I'll be annoyed if that, at the very least, doesn't happen tonight.  We know what everyone else brings so lets see what these lads can do against tough opposition.

With regards to CB, Porteus and Tierney are must starts it fit, but not sure who to pick between Souttar or Hendry so I'd give them a half each too

15 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

I’d start with the 3/5 at the back then switch to a back 4 for the 2nd half. Take off Tierney.

Really hope Christie plays deep which allows McTominay to get forward, apart from that the teams okay though would have much preferred Souttar over Hendry.

Big opportunity for Shankland, can he play the loan striker role away from home against top opposition, let's see.

21 hours ago, Toepoke said:

This didn't age well.

I know he was rubbish when he came on, really looked uncomfortable on the left of a 3 but it's not his natural position. 

I was surprised Clarke brought him on for KT instead of Cooper who has played that role before  

9 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

If you mean the Ukraine game it’s obvious why that wasn’t the case. 

Good point .Unfortunately or fortunately as a Scotland fan early stage dementia may have kicked in as I barely recall that shocker against Ukraine. 

Reality is Cooper is bang average like all our natural central defenders .  Personally wouldn't even have him in the squad as he isn't playing first team football for Leeds .  

KT has to be managed so had to come off with hindsight I reckon Scot1 probably posted the best solution, when KT went off we could have switched to a back 4.