Six Nations 2024 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Six Nations 2024

Hertsscot

Squads announced. Some interesting points. Scotland related, there's a new guy in the squad who's played for England and then there's a couple of others in the England squad who were eligible for us. Seems crazy to me that you can play for another country when you're played full internationals.

The other big news is the young Welsh winger, one of the most exciting talents in world rugby, who's jacked it in to pursue a career in NFL!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, the eligibility rules are weird, but thems the rules. Not sure why Scotland should limit themselves in some vain hope of “purity”.

Anyone heading to Cardiff? We are off tomorrow AM. Been going through for years and never seen us win. If not now then when. Wales on a massive rebuild. Looked at their team and hardly recognised any names (same can be said about England mind).

Going over to Rome next month. (One of the best away trips in Sport). That’s my lot this season. 

J

15 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Ireland are winning this but we can beat France 🤔

If they have 14 players. 😉

Ireland always looked the better team but it's hard to judge when one team plays most of the game with a man short. That first game could already be the title decider?

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

If they have 14 players. 😉

Ireland always looked the better team but it's hard to judge when one team plays most of the game with a man short. That first game could already be the title decider?

Honestly think we've got the beating of France in Edinburgh...

But I am often wrong...

12 minutes ago, bonzo said:

But I am often wrong...

A lot of it will come down to confidence. IF we can beat Wales we will go into the France game with a lot of confidence, which will give us a chance, but France will still be favourites. We haven't beat Wales in Cardiff for over 20 years, so that will be the first challenge.

9 hours ago, bonzo said:

But I am often wrong...

I agree

This 6N scotland should be targeting four wins. Cardiff, Rome and both home matches. Dublin will be a step too far. 

3 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Rugby not going well. We could be on the wrong side of a great come back. How typical.

Got home and it was 20 nil. Started watching it and now got that "have I jinxed this?" feeling 🙄

I really wanted that try/bonus point in the end, but wouldn't have deserved it from that embarrassment of a last 38 minutes.

I still begrudge Wales or anyone a fekkin' loser's point, but that was as close as I'd give.

Passive (attempts at) defending versus giving away more sin bins?

The second half turned so much for three reasons. Firstly, we massively took our foot of the gas. Secondly, Wales raised their game as a result. Thirdly, lack of discipline suffering sinbins and threats of sinbins from the referee raised the team's anxiety levels.

27 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The second half turned so much for three reasons. Firstly, we massively took our foot of the gas. Secondly, Wales raised their game as a result. Thirdly, lack of discipline suffering sinbins and threats of sinbins from the referee raised the team's anxiety levels.

Plus Willem Dafoe put a curse on us after half time.

the-smile-man-willen-dafoe-creepy.gif

The BBC are always waxing lyrical about Welsh rugby but yesterday was ridiculous. 15 on 15 and they got destroyed. Wales got to within 1 point of 14 men scotland. As soon as it was equal the ball was back in Wales half. Post match you would've thought Wales had won 😆 🤣 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The BBC are always waxing lyrical about Welsh rugby but yesterday was ridiculous. 15 on 15 and they got destroyed. Wales got to within 1 point of 14 men scotland. As soon as it was equal the ball was back in Wales half. Post match you would've thought Wales had won 😆 🤣 

Strange game. I suspect that in spite of the win, players might have felt a bit deflated. In the long term a result like that may not be the worst. A talented French team will be licking their wounds, so given the second half performance, Scotland shouldn't be complacent and will know they have work to do.

3 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Strange game. I suspect that in spite of the win, players might have felt a bit deflated. In the long term a result like that may not be the worst. A talented French team will be licking their wounds, so given the second half performance, Scotland shouldn't be complacent and will know they have work to do.

I'd also add we scored our 2nd try when down to 14 too.

Fuck Wales

I thought Jonathan Davies was abysmal - they'd be as well giving the microphone to any random Welsh fan and letting them shriek whatever they like during the game.

Great first half performance but inexplicable second half. Anyway, they won and they've got 2 home games coming up. Massive opportunity to stake a claim for the title but they've got to be disciplined and play to their strengths.

Going to both home games and Ireland away #daretodream

On 2/4/2024 at 6:22 PM, neilser said:

I thought Jonathan Davies was abysmal - they'd be as well giving the microphone to any random Welsh fan and letting them shriek whatever they like during the game.

Great first half performance but inexplicable second half. Anyway, they won and they've got 2 home games coming up. Massive opportunity to stake a claim for the title but they've got to be disciplined and play to their strengths.

Going to both home games and Ireland away #daretodream

Agree, it's one of the main issues I have with rugby commentary, we desperately need a Scottish commentary team for our own tv areas. Can't stand Davies, Moore, Gussett, Carling etc etc etc. There's no need for us to be exposed to their pish. 

2 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

Agree, it's one of the main issues I have with rugby commentary, we desperately need a Scottish commentary team for our own tv areas. Can't stand Davies, Moore, Gussett, Carling etc etc etc. There's no need for us to be exposed to their pish. 

I find the scottish co-commentators are the most balanced, sometimes I would like to see them be more positive about Scotland. None of the English pundits in my opinion come close to Davies, Davies is in the same category as Kris Boyd 🤣

I saw a clip of some Irish coverage of the 6N and the arrogance from them was like England during a football world cup

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I saw a clip of some Irish coverage of the 6N and the arrogance from them was like England during a football world cup

Difference being that Ireland will probably win this at a canter.