Opening Ceremony Act Who would you like to see and who do you hot want - Page 2 - Scotland v Germany - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Opening Ceremony Act Who would you like to see and who do you hot want

10 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Anyone who duets with that clown is a prick in my view. Defo staying in the pub.

Given the stadium is in the arse-end of nowhere, you will most likely be there in  plenty of time to see the opening ceremony.... 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Given the stadium is in the arse-end of nowhere, you will most likely be there in  plenty of time to see the opening ceremony.... 

It was the same with St Denis ..unless you wanted to walk a mile into West Beirut

And there was nae booze

Was shite apart from being excited about the kick off and trying to replicate Marilyn Monroe in The Seven Year Itch with the undeground air vents 

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It was the same with St Denis ..unless you wanted to walk a mile into West Beirut

And there was nae booze

Was shite apart from being excited about the kick off and trying to replicate Marilyn Monroe in The Seven Year Itch with the undeground air vents 

Our Hotel was in that "West Beirut" that you speak of, and we had a great time with the locals. I would describe it as more Marrakesh or Tunis than Beirut, though. And, there was no shortage of alcohol where I was. 

56 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

And there was nae booze

Yeah, our bus dropped us off at the stadium about 5 hours before kick off, and after a wee walk around the World Cup village (which was really just a large megastore selling Brazil, France and Argentina kits) we decided sod it and just went into the ground to sit and wait for the opening ceremony to start,

30 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Our Hotel was in that "West Beirut" that you speak of, and we had a great time with the locals. I would describe it as more Marrakesh or Tunis than Beirut, though. And, there was no shortage of alcohol where I was. 

We stayed in an Un Premiere Classe motel in the Paris Nord area - about the same distance to Paris as Hamilton is to Glasgow.

It was some job trying to get a taxi to take us back there late at night and it caused a great deal of hilarity amongst the parisian taxi drivers when we told them where we were staying

That being said on the day before the game we managed to walk to the local train station and there was a squad of young french locals eyeing us up due to the kilt 

After saying Eiffel Tower with zero response my 2nd year French kicked in and i said Tour Eiffel

They took me to the machine - helped us get our tickets then showed where we needed to get off and then the metro lines

When we got to the metro one of them appeared from nowhere and reinforced the correct line and to get off at the Trocadero

Maybe we were just lucky

I've read that a few times in different ways. Does it mean as well as the other drinks:-

a-including normal beer there will be non-alcoholic beer, or

b-there will be non-alcoholic beer but no normal beer ?  

I didn't think alcoholic beer was allowed in stadiums and every time we thought we were drinking beers it was actually zero or close to it alcohol stuff.

I'd hate anyone to think beer is important to me or anything like that !   😉

23 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

You’re quite right. That’s good news. 

Bitburger has become an official national partner of UEFA EURO 2024 making the German brewer the official beer of UEFA EURO 2024. 

As the official beer of the tournament, Bitburger products will be made available exclusively in all stadiums as well as in the official fan zones and events in the host cities. Fans will be able to enjoy a wide variety of beverages including non-alcoholic beers.

Id meant to quote that with my last post.

18 hours ago, WeeJohnny said:

I've read that a few times in different ways. Does it mean as well as the other drinks:-

a-including normal beer there will be non-alcoholic beer, or

b-there will be non-alcoholic beer but no normal beer ?  

I didn't think alcoholic beer was allowed in stadiums and every time we thought we were drinking beers it was actually zero or close to it alcohol stuff.

I'd hate anyone to think beer is important to me or anything like that !   😉

Yeah in Seville recently l, €7.5 for a non alcoholic beer in the staduim if I mind right. Should fine for alcoholic beer in Germany as they allow it at league games anyway.

Don't give two hoots about the opening ceremony.

But will be there early to drink the stadium beer on the basis that:

a) being the opening game the chanced of the ticket system playing up are high;

b) the queues may be slow due to pished folk (including me) cannae work the tickets on the phone and;

c) Because I want to take it all in as the last Euros wasn't the best atmosphere due to covid restrictions.

On 1/20/2024 at 9:26 AM, YesTA said:

Yeah in Seville recently l, €7.5 for a non alcoholic beer in the staduim if I mind right. Should fine for alcoholic beer in Germany as they allow it at league games anyway.

In Cyprus the food vendor had a bottle of vodka under the counter and selling hefty measures with coke for €5.

Well pleased with that and a slice of pizza.

J

A pal of mine was at the Bayern Munich v Borussia Munchmyhandbag game at the weekend and he was slurping Paulaners throughout the game from vendors who came round the seats.  That is a lot nicer ale than Bitburger imo, but anything alcoholic will be welcome...

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/5/2024 at 12:26 PM, Potted Heid said:

A pal of mine was at the Bayern Munich v Borussia Munchmyhandbag game at the weekend and he was slurping Paulaners throughout the game from vendors who came round the seats.  That is a lot nicer ale than Bitburger imo, but anything alcoholic will be welcome...

🤣