codes from Uefa received? - Page 17 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

codes from Uefa received?

TA-West Germany

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

You can do it with the normal Scotland tickets sales. There was a big discussion on here before about it. If you went in before the start time you couldn’t actually buy them but they sat in your ‘basket’ so when the sale time kicked in you were first to get tickets. Thats why people were going mental if they signed in at exactly 10 am for instance and all the tickets were gone. 
I would be very surprised if Uefa allowed that to happen though , especially when access codes are required, its more complex . 

That trick only worked when it was switching between points levels! It didn’t / doesn’t work for the first sales session as tickets only appeared after the start time.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, trout101 said:

are tickets held in your basket while you go back and get tickets for another game or can they go to someone else and be sold? (for 11 pointers)

Risk you take, once in your basket tickets usually held for a set time. Ask again tmoro after sale happens. It might become obvious.

59 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Aye, I might suggest he joins you and just waits for the last 16 😆

He said earlier’ I only get my emails when I walk in the house so i will need to try and get  back home.
I said ‘ the emails come in because wifi kicks in you just need to get wifi you dont need to come all the way home …

Does he have to walk far to get this to work..🤔😉

Your house must be massive .....

38 minutes ago, quaixy said:

I'm a IT contractor. I don't have a holiday entitlement. I have to fit in time off between projects & it rarely lines up with Scotland away games. I even struggle to get the odd half day off to go to midweek home games (club & country) at times.

That’s fair enough but you need to accept that people who manage to get to more games than you will get more loyalty points and will benefit from that. 

40 minutes ago, quaixy said:

I'm a IT contractor. I don't have a holiday entitlement. I have to fit in time off between projects & it rarely lines up with Scotland away games. I even struggle to get the odd half day off to go to midweek home games (club & country) at times.

Okay, regarding annual holiday, I'll take your word for that.

But you accept those working conditions.

You came on here complaining about the points system and how you can't get to matches, but that isn't actually the problem.

The problem is your job.

Even if the SSC was a free for all, you would still struggle to attend matches - Because of your job.

38 minutes ago, macwomble said:

That trick only worked when it was switching between points levels! It didn’t / doesn’t work for the first sales session as tickets only appeared after the start time.

I have never had enough points to be in the elite first batch  so didn’t know that !  
There would be no point really sitting with tickets in a basket anyway when everyone was guaranteed a ticket  😊

1 hour ago, trout101 said:

are tickets held in your basket while you go back and get tickets for another game or can they go to someone else and be sold? (for 11 pointers)

Once you have started and bought a ticket then it stays in your basket while you go back and add the code for the next game into your basket and buy that ticket .Would be chaos if they could take the ticket you have put in your basket out while you were going through the process of adding a ticket for the next game.If they could do that then you could just end up with the last ticket you purchased.

52 minutes ago, stocky said:

Does he have to walk far to get this to work..🤔😉

Your house must be massive .....

You will have to explain this one to me Stocky. I am sleep deprived and got  the cold so currently functioning on 4 brain cells 😊

18 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

You will have to explain this one to me Stocky. I am sleep deprived and got  the cold so currently functioning on 4 brain cells 😊

I was making a wee joke at your expense..

You had obviously done a spelling mistake, you typed walk, i presume you had meant to type work...

or maybe you did and my eyesight it bad ..

not really very funny at all.

but I couldn't resist..

sorry..🤔😉

7 minutes ago, stocky said:

I was making a wee joke at your expense..

You had obviously done a spelling mistake, you typed walk, i presume you had meant to type work...

or maybe you did and my eyesight it bad ..

not really very funny at all.

but I couldn't resist..

sorry..🤔😉

😂 no I  actually did mean to type ‘walk’. All his emails start pinging when he walks in the house at night . I am useless at IT myself but his phone must be set  to only receive messages when connected to wifi. He thought  he could only get emails in our house ,  when it’s actually  when he has WiFi. Anywhere 🙄
Anyway I am talking a load of utter shit now , I will not to be on so much tomorrow. 

I've had a look at the numbers and looks like the 12 pointers+ don't have too much to worry about but it's looking bleak for the 11 pointers and less.

From what I can gather, there are 7869 on 12 or more points (not sure how many are eligible for accessible tickets*); with 2898 tickets available at 50 Euros and 3435 at 195 Euros, 1536 fans could end up with 400 Euro tickets today if everyone eligible were to buy a ticket. There are 2541 400 Euro tickets so nobody needs to buy a 600 Euro ticket today, although some might want to.  Bearing in mind that many 12 point+ fans might not attend the match, most are in with a good shout of 'Fans First' or Cat 3 tickets. 

That leaves an incredible 3685 Scottish fans who will have to pay 400 or 600 Euros for a ticket.  I can see the ticket availability dropping down, maybe even to 5 or 6 points. 

*I've not included accessible tickets in these numbers as the prices are slightly different. They are:

57 @ 50 Euros

76 @ 155 Euros

80 @ 320 Euros

18 @ 480 Euros

19 hours ago, Broath Boy said:

When you click on the link do you then have to enter your uefa.com password or do you need to create a new ticket portal password, never bought on website before, cheers.

Your existing password bud, assuming you already created your account.

7 hours ago, Craigos said:

That leaves an incredible 3685 Scottish fans who will have to pay 400 or 600 Euros for a ticket.  I can see the ticket availability dropping down, maybe even to 5 or 6 points. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they went lower, in fact I'd be proud of the TA if we failed to sell them all, two fingers to UEFA.

1 minute ago, LoganRoy said:

Buy to sell them on.  Non TA members are chomping at the bit for tickets.  

I don't think that's possible, unless you sell your phone with the ticket on it. And I think you then might have no option but to sell your tickets for the other games along with it.

14 hours ago, quaixy said:

Given this situation, presumably it's unlikely you'd be able to attend the Euros anyway? 

14 hours ago, quaixy said:

You need to sort oot yer work/life balance fella.