Is It Just Me............. - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is It Just Me.............

Stuzo

There's nothing between the two teams.

I don't think the Irish are lucky at all. Ireland seem to be on the up and it will be a difficult game at Celtic Park. Have a feeling it may well be a draw.

We have some good players. Ireland have some good players.

Threads like this bite you on yer arse, if we get scelped or lose 2-0 in a few weeks. Let's see in a few weeks if Ireland have turned the corner or not.

We ourselves have no reason to be over optimistic. We haven't qualified for how long now, and whenever we seem to have form we are never far from the next disaster.

One game at a time and see how that goes. We are doing well under Strachan, but I'll take a quiet 1-0 again like Georgia.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to me it seems that ur judging ireland on 2 recent games without actually doing any research on us at all.

ireland are lucky....blah blah blah.

change the record.

Here is a suggestion for u...

How about ireland despite their limitations are a tough team to beat and shud not be underestimated.

What a bloody ridiculous thread.

. Calm herself down to a frenzy! I never said Ireland wouldn't be a tough game, I wouldn't expect anything less. I just feel your riding your luck, hey I might be wrong. M.o.n first game was a 1-0 win against the mighty Latvia, lost to Serbia,Turkey,horses by Portugal,drew with Poland,Italy,Costa rica,and won against the mighty Oman, scored a great goal but in the 92nd min against Georgia to win the game and a 94th min goal to draw against Germany. Hardly convincing

. Calm herself down to a frenzy! I never said Ireland wouldn't be a tough game, I wouldn't expect anything less. I just feel your riding your luck, hey I might be wrong. M.o.n first game was a 1-0 win against the mighty Latvia, lost to Serbia,Turkey,horses by Portugal,drew with Poland,Italy,Costa rica,and won against the mighty Oman, scored a great goal but in the 92nd min against Georgia to win the game and a 94th min goal to draw against Germany. Hardly convincing

Took Strachan a few games as well to stamp his authority on the team.

4 points from two tough away games, I'm sure they will take that. I know I would for us.

Martin O'Neill's first game was against Latvia and won 1-0. Gordon Strachan's first game was against Estonia and we won 1-0.

It's worth pointing out that Ireland's games against Serbia, Turkey, Portugal, Poland, Italy, Costa Rica and Oman were all friendly matches.

In competitive matches this year they have done well.

Im very calm....your opening post is just so wrong

We beat latvia 3-0 not 1-0 firstly

As for the friendly defeats.....it was down to M.O.N trying and testing to get the right team ready for the qualifiers.

Also they were friendlies.....defeats really didnt matter

You also seem to be ignoring in those friendlies ....we didnt play alot of our regular players

You seem to ignoring the fact that when it was required (I.E the Qualifiers) ...we did the business

Come back to me when Scotland come away from Georgia with 3points like we did

How can a 1-1 draw in Germany not be convincing?????? How many points did ye get from yere trip to Germany?

So what if we scored in the 94 th min ....if anything its very impressive as it shows we wont lie down easily and accept defeat....even when away to the world champions

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

We should had 1pt in Germany but missed great chances.

Well done to Ireland for it.

For the next game, i think we are a little better and at home, so i hope for a win!

Im not having a go at scotland mate - i thought ye were unlucky not to get something in germany

Just Stuzo saying we werent convincing is mind boggling!

having a good performance is great but at the end of the day it is about getting the points which we did both in georgia and germany

3-0 vs latvia.

Martin O'Neill's first game was against Latvia and won 1-0. Gordon Strachan's first game was against Estonia and we won 1-0.

It's worth pointing out that Ireland's games against Serbia, Turkey, Portugal, Poland, Italy, Costa Rica and Oman were all friendly matches.

In competitive matches this year they have done well.

Also in the summer friendlies we had a bare bones squad, think the backline vs portugal was Ward-Keogh-Pearce-Kelly.. If I seen that lineup in a competitive game I would commit. We would be more than a match for Portugal,Serbia,Turkey,Costa Rica etc in a competitive qauilfier.

Any supporter would not complain at a 1-0 win scoring in injury time or late on to equalise. I don't put it down to luck just keeping going until the full-time whistle which is a trait every team should have.

Yet when we did it against Lichtenstein we were billed as very lucky especially by people on this board. But when other teams do it it is apparently the sign of a great team! Is it against the forum rules to say anything negative about ROI on here in case we offend the Irish posters. This is a Scotland Forum ffs!

Yet when we did it against Lichtenstein we were billed as very lucky especially by people on this board.

It wasn't so much the winning goal, more the 26-minutes of 'injury time' it took to get it that was considered a tad fortunate.

It wasn't so much the winning goal, more the 26-minutes of 'injury time' it took to get it that was considered a tad fortunate.

"You play till the final whistle, the sign of a quality team." Unless its Scotland of course! In which case we're jammy bast@rds.

Easy to mix up 26 minutes with 3 mins and 12 seconds which was actually the amount of injury time played before the final whistle blew.....i guess

I think Donny is speaking of our match V Liechtenstein. but still a massive exaggeration as there was around five minutes played as I recall.

Cheers Craig

Sorry Donny -thought you were referring to our game

Everyone is missing the point here. It's possible to be lucky and good! You can't deny its a tad lucky to get 2 late goals in consecutive away matches, but just because it's a tad lucky doesn't mean it's not deserved. Ireland are in a stronger position than anyone in the group at present in my opinion, but if we beat them I reckon we're arguably the team doing better than anyone. I reckon we'll draw at Celtic park and win away, just my hunch.

Our goal was ridiculously lucky v Georgia!

.................and McGeady wjho has an appalling scoring record for Ireland scoring in the 92nd min isn't lucky ?(regardless of the quality of it) and a centre half loitering with intent and scoring in the 94th min of a game happens every week?

.................and McGeady wjho has an appalling scoring record for Ireland scoring in the 92nd min isn't lucky ?(regardless of the quality of it) and a centre half loitering with intent and scoring in the 94th min of a game happens every week?

A centre half could very well be loitering with intent in the opposition box in the 94th minute if his team are chasing the game .......theres nothing strange about that!!!

So what if mcgeady has a poor scoring ratio for Ireland .....THAT goal was a sublime piece of skill......nothing more!

Maloneys goal took a deflection off the defender and keeper. Mcgeady hit a strike from the edge of the box and was a great goal. The timing may have an element of luck as it was probably their last chance