Where are you based in Germany? - Page 6 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Where are you based in Germany?

AlfieMoon

31 minutes ago, YesTA said:

Im staying next to D-Schönaustraße, District 7 in Dusseldorf so out side the centre. Had it booked before the draw as cheap. You think it's worth staying put or finding somewhere closer to Cologne? I know the trains not long between the citys but also have to get to the bahnhof in Dusseldorf.

I’ve sent you a pm bud, hope you don’t mind 👍

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/2/2023 at 11:20 PM, GHfaeGTA said:

Maybe catch up with you and Marky over a beer. Few of us from Guernsey going over. Taking ferry to St Malo on 12th then making way to Augsburg (near Munich) by  train over 2 days with a night stop over en route.  Probably do same return journey. Got hotels booked quite near each venue. Booked loads on free cancellation basis weeks ago. Now in process of cancelling the ones we don’t need 

Grant

We've booked a night in Augsburg day f the game, seemed a better option than getting a train back to Koblenz in the middle of the night, hopefully catch up with you lads, Im sure Mark has your number.👍

On 10/24/2023 at 11:05 AM, AlfieMoon said:

Who has decided on a base in Germany for the Euros? 

And where? 

Have you picked a venue city, or an outlying town somewhere? 

I’ve seen some mention booking in and around Düsseldorf given it is close to a cluster of stadiums. Still a fair distance to Berlin, Munich or Hamburg though!

Personally, I’ve not booked anything. You’ve as much chance ending up in a city surrounded by 20,000 English fans. 

made a decision this am to get sorted. Live down South so have opted to take the car over on Le Shuttle

Travel out on 12th with planned overnight stop somewhere a few hours from Munich. Complete rest of journey next day - get to Munich to accommodation and get on the Schteins. Staying in Munich for the weekend - head to Cologne on Monday 17th and leave there on Thursday 20th to get to Stuttgart. Booked to come back on 25th - if we get to next round might be a sick or two getting thrown in.

5 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Grant

We've booked a night in Augsburg day f the game, seemed a better option than getting a train back to Koblenz in the middle of the night, hopefully catch up with you lads, Im sure Mark has your number.👍

👍aye he does 

After starting this thread, the closest thing we have to a ‘base’ is a few nights in Mainz after the opening match. 

Easy reach or Frankfurt with good links to other cities if we end up with ballot tickets for other games. 

Also good to hear of other folks chosen places. Might try for a day trip to Bonn or Koblenz. 

Into Basel 12/6 depart Geneva 25/6 £235

Four nights Wed to Sun Central Munich ( two nights covered free by hotel loyalty points )

Four nights Sun to Thurs Oberhausen, spend time in Dusseldorf from there maybe get tickets for Austria v France, down and back to Cologne on the Wednesday 

Three nights Thursday to Sunday Strasbourg 

One night Sunday  Boblingen. In and out of Stuttgart from there

One night Monday Geneva 

Digs £450 a head Triple Rooms all the trip

Worry about trains and buses later.

Fly into Zurich then train to Munich. Staying 3 nights in Munich then 8 nights in Mannheim. I thinks it's around 90 mins from cologne and 40 mins from Stuttgart. Not booked any trains yet or flights home, but think I can get flights home from Stuttgart for £90. So far around £750

Based in Oberhausen initially for 12 nights although now that we are playing in the opening game we are flying from Glasgow to Munich via Dublin on the the 13th rather than the 14th when we were meant to be flying into Dusseldorf. Will get the train up from Munich on the Saturday. Have an overnighter in Dachau after the game.

Only an hour from Cologne and three hours to Stuttgart. Both by train. 

On 12/4/2023 at 1:56 PM, Silversand said:

Have cancelled Cologne hotel 13/6-16/6 due to Munich opening match.

Have now booked:

• Flight to Dusseldorf 13/6
  • Train to Munich 13/6
  • Munich - 4 nights
  • Cologne - 4 nights
  • Stuggart - 4 nights
  • Dusseldorf - 2 nights
  • Fly home from Dusseldorf 27/6

Will be broke for the rest of the year, but hopefully worth it 😁

How did you book the train chief? I tried to book but just got a message saying unavailable.

Thanks Will

I've got 2 nights in Munich, the night before the big day and then the night of the game itself.  After that, it's 10 days in Heidelberg.  Depending on the trains, either do Cologne in a day from there, but more likely crash on the floor of a friend's hotel room.  Stuttgart will be done in a day trip from Heidelberg.  Not sure if it's worth doing a day in Stuttgart on the Saturday for the build-up atmostphere as well.

On 10/24/2023 at 6:03 PM, Toepoke said:

My brother stays near Berlin so I expect I'll be based there.

Only three group games in total are being played at the Olympic Stadium though so we'll be racking up the kms.

Handy for the final mind you 😄

Of course after the draw I'm nowhere near it 😄

Couple of nights in Dusseldorf and another couple in Böblingen outside Stuttgart. Might take the train to Berlin for the days in between, but it will be full of Welsh if they qualify 😖😄

On 12/12/2023 at 8:41 AM, Toepoke said:

Of course after the draw I'm nowhere near it 😄

Couple of nights in Dusseldorf and another couple in Böblingen outside Stuttgart. Might take the train to Berlin for the days in between, but it will be full of Welsh if they qualify 😖😄

Have added a night in Cologne on to our originally booked stay in Dusseldorf (outskirts) from 20-25th.  Will probably pony up for the night of the 23rd in Stuttgart for the game there and just double pay that night - air bnb was dirt cheap in Dusseldorf as we booked before the draw and before the guy had updated his prices! 

Looking for a good suggestion for a place to stay between the Munich and Cologne for 2/3 nights to mix it up between the first 2 games. Somewhere with a bit of culture but not too quiet. Nuremberg, Koblenz, Idstein, Bonn all look possibilities. Any comments welcome from those who have been. Thanks  

23 minutes ago, bdgsct said:

Looking for a good suggestion for a place to stay between the Munich and Cologne for 2/3 nights to mix it up between the first 2 games. Somewhere with a bit of culture but not too quiet. Nuremberg, Koblenz, Idstein, Bonn all look possibilities. Any comments welcome from those who have been. Thanks  

A few of us booked in Mainz. Think it can be a bit quiet from what I’ve read, but only 30mins on train into Frankfurt and within reach of Koblenz, Bonn for day trips. Proximity to Frankfurt is the big bonus though. 

42 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

A few of us booked in Mainz. Think it can be a bit quiet from what I’ve read, but only 30mins on train into Frankfurt and within reach of Koblenz, Bonn for day trips. Proximity to Frankfurt is the big bonus though. 

Just booked in Mainz myself for the 3 Scotland game as I found a cheap apartment.

Pain the arse for the first Scotland game but will be pretty good for the 2nd and 3rd games and hopefully a few others that Ive went into the ballot to get.

11 hours ago, bdgsct said:

Try Heidelberg or Koblenz. Better than Mannheim or Mainz. Bonn also great.