Ticket allocations and SSC points - Page 2 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket allocations and SSC points

GLOSTA

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it helps I run a bus to all Scotland home games and consequently most people are on 12 points (or more for the 10 or so who go to some away games).

So for clarity most people only go to home games but go to them all.

Only about half the people on the bus have any intention of going to Germany.

I thin that this will be the case for many people. There will be loads of people on 10,11 & particularly 12 points who are serial home game goers.

This would give me real hope if I was on 8, 9 or 10 and I’d be relatively certain if I was on 11 and completely certain on 12.

17 minutes ago, hamilton wanderer said:

If it helps I run a bus to all Scotland home games and consequently most people are on 12 points (or more for the 10 or so who go to some away games).

So for clarity most people only go to home games but go to them all.

Only about half the people on the bus have any intention of going to Germany.

I thin that this will be the case for many people. There will be loads of people on 10,11 & particularly 12 points who are serial home game goers.

This would give me real hope if I was on 8, 9 or 10 and I’d be relatively certain if I was on 11 and completely certain on 12.

I also know a lot of folk on 12 points or above who have no intention of going to the finals in Germany. 

3 hours ago, stirlish said:

A question about the ballot....

I have applied for 3 tickets for a lot of matches.

Are you only successful if 3 tickets are allocated, or could they just allocate 1 ticket out of 3 requested?

if you mean the UEFA ballot... you could get all, none or some. Last Euros I got none, my pal got all he applied for, including Scotland games and he is an England fan.

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I also know a lot of folk on 12 points or above who have no intention of going to the finals in Germany. 

Adding it up... spending money, travel, accommodation it is quite a hefty sum to lay out. Some of our group with enough points only going to 1 or 2 games.

Edited by GLOSTA
typo

14 hours ago, GLOSTA said:

You are right... I keep getting that wrong... on another post a few months back I had it at 15% - seems I cant get the number 16 into my head!!!

image.thumb.png.792ae7697f6dc57b5af5a221224ae023.png

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Another thing to consider is that the table above is based on normal official capacities. For big tournaments a big chunk of the stadium is handed over for TV and media coverage, which will reduce the actual available capacity a bit. Which is a nonsense with today's technology. There is no need for all these commentators/pundits to be in the stadium. It's not like they are even watching the game a lot of the time, they are too busy talking about England even when they are not playing.

That was the UEFA table for last 2 Euros and included allocations for media... Hopefully they reduce it again. 

51 minutes ago, saintydave said:

French FA put something out to their fans saying 9500 tix per game for the group stages. 

Be shocked if they don't go on sale within 2 weeks of the draw.

Heard UEFA were considering 10 k per competing nation. That would tie in if French FA took 500 for players and hangers on.

14 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

Worth remembering that 12 points is effectively 2 campaigns and 2 Memberships meaning you'd never have had to travel abroad.  With the first week also being 1-2 before some schools finish, I'd fully anticipate (should people only apply for what they can) that 6-7 points will get you a brief.  

Yip, well said. 

My sister is a teacher missed the Poland game as it was her due date so only on 11pts!

She is hoping as she's part time that the tickets will drop down the levels by 1 or 2 and she can get over Friday-Tuesday around her work. 

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I think it's hard to say whether the March games will be included or not. It depends on how quickly UEFA want to get their mitts on our money, which is normally as quick as possible. 🤣 They might want to get all those tickets sold before March?

I don't think March games will be included. England did their initial sale/applciations for Euro 2020 in December 2019. 

39 minutes ago, GroundsKeeper said:

Heard UEFA were considering 10 k per competing nation. That would tie in if French FA took 500 for players and hangers on.

It's still ridiculously low if you think about it, you'd think that a competing nation's team support would get more than 25% of the tickets. 

1 minute ago, Bzzzz said:

It's still ridiculously low if you think about it, you'd think that a competing nation's team support would get more than 25% of the tickets. 

Agree as tickets just go to competing nations via the black market.

I think ATAC ( association of tartan army clubs) were lobying via the european fans group for 20 percent.

But can't see it happening, however they were correct in asking  the question.

5 hours ago, GLOSTA said:

if you mean the UEFA ballot... you could get all, none or some. Last Euros I got none, my pal got all he applied for, including Scotland games and he is an England fan.

Thanks, but i meant that i have applied for 3 tickets ( could i feasibly get 1 ticket insread of 3).

8 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

I think for any successful allocations you get from then UEFA ballot that you get the number of tickets that you requested for the game. 

Word of warning - I’m not sure if you have SSC points to qualify for tix? - but if you end up with tickets for another game that’s the day of a Scotland game, it will block you from then being able to get Scotland tickets. 

Thanks, i dont have enough points(7).

The other 2 in my part do

4 hours ago, GLOSTA said:

That was the UEFA table for last 2 Euros and included allocations for media... Hopefully they reduce it again. 

I meant the other table. The capacities of each stadium will be reduced by a couple of thousand to accommodate the media.

13 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I meant the other table. The capacities of each stadium will be reduced by a couple of thousand to accommodate the media.

Bit odd though, if UEFA official guide for tournament says that is the capacities.... but we know how little they care about fans and do care about €.

1 hour ago, GLOSTA said:

yes.

Answer is NO. In the Q&A it clearly states if you are successful in the ballot you will get all the tickets you apply for each game so if you apply for 3 for 1 particular match and are successful you will get all 3 . It will  be 3 or none at all 

Edited by GHfaeGTA

14 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Slightly off topic but when the draw takes place on 2nd December, will we know instantly -

a) Venue

b) Opponent 

c) Date of kick off

d) Time of kick off

Cheers.

A) yes

B) yes

C) yes

D) not instantly

2 hours ago, Broath Boy said:

Slightly off topic but when the draw takes place on 2nd December, will we know instantly -

a) Venue

b) Opponent 

c) Date of kick off

d) Time of kick off

Cheers.

The KO times have not been published and I assume will be arranged to maximise exposure of "glamour" ties 

9 hours ago, Orraloon said:

If you're on over 12 points they must have been to at least one away game? Why would they do that and then not go to Germany? baffles me

15 minutes ago, trout101 said:

If you're on over 12 points they must have been to at least one away game? Why would they do that and then not go to Germany? baffles me

Not true. If you renew membership by a certain date and have taken out that season pass for 3 consecutive campaigns then you get 2 points. Add in attending the last 10 homes games and you have the 12 points.