Drink Drive Limit To Be Lowered In Scotland - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Drink Drive Limit To Be Lowered In Scotland

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife went to halford to try and pick up a breathalyser, really just for the next day so we can be sure wwe are not over the limit, none available - all sold out.

plenty of breathalysers but all set to english limit and just a yes or no rather than a reading given. what a crock of sh8te. I mean either halfords have compeltely missed a trick or else the supplying companies have. but as we are now effectively same as europe surely there will be european ones they could have got hold of.

scotland once again just an afterthought.

My wife went to halford to try and pick up a breathalyser, really just for the next day so we can be sure wwe are not over the limit, none available - all sold out.

plenty of breathalysers but all set to english limit and just a yes or no rather than a reading given. what a crock of sh8te. I mean either halfords have compeltely missed a trick or else the supplying companies have. but as we are now effectively same as europe surely there will be european ones they could have got hold of.

Halfords sell ones for France.

I haven't read the entire thread so this point may have been made. Regardless of the stats on accidents with those in the gap between the old and new limit I think a positive of this is that people will think more carefully about driving the next day. I honestly believe that there will be many people who have driven the next day over the current limit and think that they might give much more consideration to this from now on.

I also think it is a good idea to stop people having anything to drink - I would never have done so when driving because I know that even 1 drink has an affect. I think people who say it doesn't are in denial to be honest.

There is also an awful lot of whataboutery going on about things like drving when you are tired or impared in some other way. This doesn't mean you shouldn't tackle alcohol and if you are impaired because of something else you equally shouldn't be driving and could be prosecuted for it.

I've ordered one direct from the manufacturers & they are currently out of stock as well. The delay is apparently because each unit is individually calibrated.

I haven't read the entire thread so this point may have been made. Regardless of the stats on accidents with those in the gap between the old and new limit I think a positive of this is that people will think more carefully about driving the next day. I honestly believe that there will be many people who have driven the next day over the current limit and think that they might give much more consideration to this from now on.

I also think it is a good idea to stop people having anything to drink - I would never have done so when driving because I know that even 1 drink has an affect. I think people who say it doesn't are in denial to be honest.

There is also an awful lot of whataboutery going on about things like drving when you are tired or impared in some other way. This doesn't mean you shouldn't tackle alcohol and if you are impaired because of something else you equally shouldn't be driving and could be prosecuted for it.

I drive better after a couple of pints. From now on the roads will be slightly less safe because I will have to drive totally sober.

Aye. Me and Orra. You definitely concentrate more.

I said a couple. Three is too many for me, but you can probably handle your drink better than me.

I'm defo better at darts after a couple. It's probably only a question of time before we will get breathalysed before stepping up to the oche. A set of darts can be pretty dangerous in the wrong hands.

Is there actually any stats for drink driving related accidents by those who were over the limit the following morning considering that 64% of drink drive accidents occur between 9pm and 3am

Is there actually any stats for drink driving related accidents by those who were over the limit the following morning considering that 64% of drink drive accidents occur between 9pm and 3am

Interesting. My friends and family spoke about this last night. I don't know anyone who has a drink then drives - for me personally that's a no no. It was interesting to hear the 'how much can I drink then drive'? -v- 'am I safe to drive the next day'? The latter was the main concern for most. As for me, I'm blocked in the drive by 6 cars so taxi to work tomorrow!