Drink Drive Limit To Be Lowered In Scotland - Page 12 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Drink Drive Limit To Be Lowered In Scotland

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not taking any chances. Drank a bottle of wine, bottle of prosecco and two bottles of beer last night (lush). Stopped drinking at 2am and at 10am breathalyser showed Amber. I still feel half cut!

I thought that would have a straight to red at 10am! Maybe I'm being too cautious - paranoid about this.

Nothing stronger than a Barr's Red Kola this evening.

Edited by Charlie Endell

I thought that would have a straight to red at 10am! Maybe I'm being too cautious - paranoid about this.

Nothing stronger than a Barr's Red Kola this evening.

Id have thought it would still be red! Maybe that's the two rose wines ive had with dinner though. Car parked up until Monday!

I've changed my drinking habits in a way I wasn't expecting.

Since the lowering of the limit, if I have an early morning appointment that I have to drive to (and by that I mean before 10 am) I've just been having nothing. Before I might have had 2 or 3 (no more) glasses of wine.

And that's a good thing, yes?

Since the lowering of the limit, if I have an early morning appointment that I have to drive to (and by that I mean before 10 am) I've just been having nothing. Before I might have had 2 or 3 (no more) glasses of wine.

You used to have 2 or 3 glasses of wine for breakfast? :shocked: Aye, it was time to have a serious word with yourself.

Folk are getting a bit paranoid about this change in the law. It's changed from 80 to 50. That's a reduction of 37.5%. So if you just drink 37.5% less than you used to, you will have the same chance of getting done.

Unless you have a medical condition, your body will metabolise 1 unit of alcohol every hour, A proper pint is about 2.3 units. It's no rocket surgery. Buy yourself a calculator if you need one but most phones have them these days. So stop panicking and enjoy yourselves. I am very confident that most folk will enjoy themselves more with 37.5% less alcohol in their system.

Folk who are drinking half a bottle of wine before 10:00 am should seek help.

Folk are getting a bit paranoid about this change in the law. It's changed from 80 to 50. That's a reduction of 37.5%. So if you just drink 37.5% less than you used to, you will have the same chance of getting done.

Unless you have a medical condition, your body will metabolise 1 unit of alcohol every hour, A proper pint is about 2.3 units. It's no rocket surgery. Buy yourself a calculator if you need one but most phones have them these days. So stop panicking and enjoy yourselves. I am very confident that most folk will enjoy themselves more with 37.5% less alcohol in their system.

Folk who are drinking half a bottle of wine before 10:00 am should seek help.

Totally, but the police aren't helping by putting the fear of God into drivers by asking them if they've had as much as a sherry trifle in the previous 48 hours.

Was on a sesh yesterday, circa 8 or 9 drinks.

One alcohol calculator says I shouldn't drive before 1:30pm, another says I'm sober now! Certainly don't feel it at the moment, I think I'll try the single use breath tester I got.

Ironically I need to drive today to collect a breathalyser I've reserved at Halfords...

Edited by Toepoke

Do you not have a driver?

Was on a sesh yesterday, circa 8 or 9 drinks.

One alcohol calculator says I shouldn't drive before 1:30pm, another says I'm sober now! Certainly don't feel it at the moment, I think I'll try the single use breath tester I got.

Ironically I need to drive today to collect a breathalyser I've reserved at Halfords...

The difference might be due to one of the calculators waiting until you get to almost zero and the other just getting you down to the limit. You don't need a calculator though. Just count the units and give yourself an hour per unit. You can add a wee bit extra time on depending on how lucky you are feeling.

Did you try the breathalyser? What result did you get?