Drink Drive Limit To Be Lowered In Scotland - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Drink Drive Limit To Be Lowered In Scotland

Great news, drop of 50% caught in first week [ 71].

Only 8 within old and new level.

Grand piece of legislation, up there along with smoking ban in pubs.

A healthier and safer country thanks to decisions we as a nation can make.

Gambling will be next :D.

Edited by Charlie Endell

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't drink and gamble? Breathalysers at the betting shop door. Not sure how they would enforce it for online betting though.

Yes, like that idea! It would have saved me a fortune over the years. Make it a criminal offence to be in possession of a smart phone or tablet while under the influence. Edited by Charlie Endell

Mind seeing a Panorama type programme about drink driving from around then. There was a van driver got pulled up on the M74 who admitted he'd been for a pub lunch. The cops asked if he was drunk and he said "Naw, I've only had the six jars" :shocked: He was a big lad right enough...

Edited by Toepoke

This is having a big impact on the pubs I hear, Some saying they have lost a third of their trade as people are just packing it in rather than risk being over the next morning.

From a political point of view I think the SNP should have left this well alone.

Yea our pub is suffering a bit from guys who would usually pop in for one or two on the way home from work and stuff. Or they are ordering orange juice

Good point. And well made.

I was starting to think I should've elaborated.

Nobody buys someone an OJ, despite them having 2 full OJs sitting.

OJ drinkers rarely accompany the OJ with crisps and nuts, or fire £20 into a puggy with a £25 jackpot......

It's now at the stage that if you have a car you're better not drinking at any time - full stop - mine will be going in the new year.

John Law lap this sort of thing up - figures boosted for minimal effort - I regularly see them on Carmunnock Road but funnily enough never when it's chucking it down and blowing a gale.

Scottish Nanny Party knows best.

Regularly saw them on Carmunnock Road when I lived there but generally they were on their way to or from Castlemilk and not bothering the good people of Kings Park :lol:

South Africa is like Uk of 60/70's - folk all still drink drive here - some raging

i must have been breath tested 5-6 times in UK - always considered 1st beer had worn off by driving time - ie had 2 beers over course of 9pm-1am never registered amber (well once i think)

I had four pints of ale (4%) between 1pm and 2.45pm, then a further pint and a Jim Beam (one less unit :wink2:) after the game. Should hopefully be under the limit at noon tomorrow as I make my way up Carmunnock Road...

should be out your system by 5am - 13 units 13 hours