Fans behaviour at stadium in Lille- if you can't behave stay away you are not welcome - France v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fans behaviour at stadium in Lille- if you can't behave stay away you are not welcome

GroundsKeeper

I was the first scot in the stadium, got in early to get my flag up, 2 hours before kick off.

There was a mother of a new born baby ( not even a year old).

She was on the steep steps and I advised her to come down to a crash barrier where I was (as i was concerned for her safety and that of her child.)

She never took up that offer but wisely stood next to a disabled person, safe you would think so.

After Scotland went 1 up a 20 odd year old scotland fan ( gold rimmed glasses on his head that had yellow tinted glass) threw his pint up in the air in celebration.

The content of his cup went over the young mum and her baby.

The boy got dogs abuse form the TA that observed it but all the french stewards said to him was calm down.

He then came over to explain that he knew the young mum. To which I replied that makes it worse.

I told him to get something to eat, but he hung about all first half, being a complete nuisance.

Second half he calmed down and returned to his designated seat.

What a bell end though, for me you should have went and got at least got a written warning if not thrown out the SSC.

I do fear that these instances of "yob" culture is becoming the norm and pretty soon we will loose our reputation that has been built up over the years.

Matchday lay off the booze and be wary of your surroundings.

Wait - there was a mother at the game with a not even one year old baby and you don't see a problem with that ?

And if these less than angelic actions grind your gears it's not new that the majority of Scotland fans are at the very least half cut home and away unless things have drastically changed since i stopped going 

Drunk guy throws plastic tumbler in the air, lassie and bairn gets wet.

Id bring back hanging for the bastard, and thats him getting off lightly. 

Id be a bit more concerned that an infant was taken to a football game, thats a shocking decision for a parent to make.

26 minutes ago, Grumpychops said:

Most people I saw were reasonably sober and well behaved, but I do worry that it seems acceptable within a good number of people to sing that Harry Kane song. I really do despair with that.

Didn't hear the harry kane song in seville in lille , but are you seriously comparing that to soaking a mum and baby with lager.

20 minutes ago, Sempre said:

Totally different subject, but there were two old boys getting angry at anyone who didn't join in with doh-a-deer with five minutes to go. One in particular was getting quite aggressive about it.

Obviously meant a lot to them.

Julie Andrews Ultra’s? 

You will always get a bampot or two and we are very good at self policing but at this game there were two or three real eejits. One behind me was utterly off his heid and kept on falling in to me and others in the row in front. I'm sure I am like many and enjoy quite a few pints when we go away - 99% of the time it results in the TA being brilliant banter in a friendly sometimes a little tipsy way. I'm not so sure it was just alcohol with the eejits in the ground.

It is a separate point completely but I do agree with some of the earlier comments - who would take a babe in arms to any game ?          

On 10/20/2023 at 12:29 PM, Grumpychops said:

Most people I saw were reasonably sober and well behaved, but I do worry that it seems acceptable within a good number of people to sing that Harry Kane song. I really do despair with that.

Were a group of young lads behind the goals in Cyprus that were one verse of singing that again away from getting a slap off various folk. 

On 10/22/2023 at 9:28 AM, Sempre said:

Totally different subject, but there were two old boys getting angry at anyone who didn't join in with doh-a-deer with five minutes to go. One in particular was getting quite aggressive about it.

Obviously meant a lot to them.

Guaranteed they stand with their arms folded the rest of the 90 mins. Nothing surer. 

15 hours ago, BryanBlessed said:

The young guy will sober up, grow up and see the error of his ways. Football matches, are no place for young children or babies. 

Disagree, my 2 year old nephew (3 in Feb) has a season ticket at Killie and has been to 4 games so far (75% win rate including a win vs Rangers). 

He loves it but he is not a baby, my brother wouldn't have considered taking him when he was a baby. 

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Disagree, my 2 year old nephew (3 in Feb) has a season ticket at Killie and has been to 4 games so far (75% win rate including a win vs Rangers). 

He loves it but he is not a baby, my brother wouldn't have considered taking him when he was a baby. 

A two-year-old couldn't possibly comprehend what was going on at football.

46 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

A two-year-old couldn't possibly comprehend what was going on at football.

There's 40 years olds that can't comprehend what is going on at the football, you only need to go to any Scotland game to see that. 

He enjoys it, it's time he spends with his uncle and papa. He plays football downstairs at half time, he cheers when we score and asks to go again. That'll do me. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

There's 40 years olds that can't comprehend what is going on at the football, you only need to go to any Scotland game to see that. 

He enjoys it, it's time he spends with his uncle and papa. He plays football downstairs at half time, he cheers when we score and asks to go again. That'll do me. 

Yeah fair enough I didn't mean to sound so blunt

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2023 at 3:44 PM, N4Footsoldier said:

Football fans in general are fannies. No surprise that a small minority stand out as being particularly bad.

As I always say with these things, the Tartan Army, while better at self-policing than most, are not above this statistical likelihood.

It only takes one . LOL