Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin? - Page 25 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin?

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you recommend the Dublin Supporters Club in Parnell St for a couple of pints before popping into Murrays and the Living Room?

The Living Room a couple of days ago.

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/lovehate-star-arrested-after-attempted-armed-robbery-31214983.html

Don't let that put you off though.!!

Murray's is nice enough, used to watch Scotland games in there...

You say that, I remember after the 2-1 friendly (we won by the way!) back in May 2000. At chucking out time outside St John's O'Gogarty's pub the band piped up and an improptu caileigh started in the street. Before you knew it, half a dozen Garda polis cars, sirens and blue lights, screached to halt as the polis jumped out their cars ready for action.......

Someone thought there was a riot taking place!!!!! :yikes3:

Thats cos it was in temple bar. The cops rightly heavily monitor that area.

Realise ye lads meant no harm but cops had to be careful as stuff has kicked off in that area before as its known for drunken brawls.

As for yere victory that day...was at the game myself. Deserved win for ye if i recall. Barry Ferguson scored i think and if i recall had a great game

Would you recommend the Dublin Supporters Club in Parnell St for a couple of pints before popping into Murrays and the Living Room?

Murrays? Yer no' in Perth noo ya big shite! Yer due me a beer!

Apologies Irishandproud (haven't read through all the pages) - will there be a fanzone / big screen area for the many thousands that will travel over without tickets ?

thanks in advance :ok:

I am not sure there will be that many Scots in Dublin who dont have tickets. There have been (and still is) plently chances for Scots to buy tickets. We had the Abbey Travel tickets, the Duo Ticket and the countless tickets available (still available) on viagogo and other similar ticket websites. I know that some of them are a bit over face value but not that much. Anyone who still needs a ticket hasnt been looking very hard.

Merci for your help!

Which ones are your favourites?

Accommodation could be your deciding factor, if you like a nice hotel then only Balbriggan, Malahide and Bray would have decent hotels. Plenty b&bs, self catering in the others of that's what your after.

Malahide is very nice, posh area with nice hotel (the Grand hotel), marina and nearby beach. You could also spy on the opposition here as the Irish training base is just outside Malahide.. :-)

Bray would be more of a holiday destination but imo not so nice. Plenty seaside hotels and bars, amusement arcades etc.

Accommodation could be your deciding factor, if you like a nice hotel then only Balbriggan, Malahide and Bray would have decent hotels. Plenty b&bs, self catering in the others of that's what your after.

Malahide is very nice, posh area with nice hotel (the Grand hotel), marina and nearby beach. You could also spy on the opposition here as the Irish training base is just outside Malahide.. :-)

Bray would be more of a holiday destination but imo not so nice. Plenty seaside hotels and bars, amusement arcades etc.

It is just to spend the Sunday and see something else than Dublin. We don't need accomodation. :wink2:

It is just to spend the Sunday and see something else than Dublin. We don't need accomodation. :wink2:

Aahhh.!! In that case hop on the train to Malahide or Howth, or even both. Howth would be the fishing port for Dublin. Plenty cafes/bars there and a nice walk up Howth Head would clear the head the day after the match.

Aahhh.!! In that case hop on the train to Malahide or Howth, or even both. Howth would be the fishing port for Dublin. Plenty cafes/bars there and a nice walk up Howth Head would clear the head the day after the match.

Yeah i agree with this. Get the DART straight out to Howth. Only 30 mins from the city centre. A beautiful scenic viillage