Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin? - Page 26 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin?

Hey, ive been reading all this thread for a good whole waiting to post. Really appreciate all the replies from the Irish contingent!!

We have 2 tickets from premier in the South Lower Block 113. I hear its the singing section. Will we be ok to get in here do you think?

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, can you give some idea of the best way to get from Belfast Airport to Dublin and return? Land at 8am on Saturday, the day of the match and fly out Sunday at 8pm so need to be there by 7pm. Thanks.

Is that exclusive to that club or are there any others opened that late?

Most places on Harcourt St are very late opening. Newish place called the Black Door right beside D2 nightclub has been known to be serving pints at 5:30am/6am.

Bucks Townhouse on Leeson St also opens very late.

For all Scots fans on here i'd enourage you to give Temple Bar area a miss. Go for the bars off Grafton St or Baggot St and then hit Harcourt St or Camden St if you fancy a very late one

Hey, ive been reading all this thread for a good whole waiting to post. Really appreciate all the replies from the Irish contingent!!

We have 2 tickets from premier in the South Lower Block 113. I hear its the singing section. Will we be ok to get in here do you think?

There will be absolutely zero issue with Scottish fans in the home end. As i've said before sadly Irish fans got coins thrown at them and secterian abuse from a minority in Glasgow as they sat in the home end. I guarantee there'll be zero hassle when you visit. We leave that shite to people in Northern Ireland and a minority in Scotland

Edited by TheBoysinGreen

MSP,

bus or taxi from Belfast City to central station then train to Connolly station in Dublin. Approx 2 hrs on the train. Tickets can be booked on-line but I think you mind find all the cheap web fare tickets have been snapped up

google Ni Translink and look at the Enterprise section or go on to Irish Rail site

There will be absolutely zero issue with Scottish fans in the home end. As i've said before sadly Irish fans got coins thrown at them and secterian abuse from a minority in Glasgow as they sat in the home end. I guarantee there'll be zero hassle when you visit. We leave that shite to people in Northern Ireland and a minority in Scotland

Thanks for the reply you have put my mind at rest as I was reading on a facebook page that this was the section we shouldnt go into. ??

Edited by laurataylordu

Most places on Harcourt St are very late opening. Newish place called the Black Door right beside D2 nightclub has been known to be serving pints at 5:30am/6am.

Bucks Townhouse on Leeson St also opens very late.

For all Scots fans on here i'd enourage you to give Temple Bar area a miss. Go for the bars off Grafton St or Baggot St and then hit Harcourt St or Camden St if you fancy a very late one

Will keep that in mind. Thanks.

Got three triple rooms in Russell Court hotel in Harcourt St.

I have been in CFJ's before at Carling Cup games. Is Dicey's under our hotel better, as it looks like it has a cool outdoor bit???

Will it be open until 4 or 5am as well.....

Dicey's is a nice outdoor bar but it gets very very busy. It's open until around 3am.

Edited by TheBoysinGreen

MSP,

bus or taxi from Belfast City to central station then train to Connolly station in Dublin. Approx 2 hrs on the train. Tickets can be booked on-line but I think you mind find all the cheap web fare tickets have been snapped up

google Ni Translink and look at the Enterprise section or go on to Irish Rail site

Thanks, I'll have a look.

• 2 weeks later...

What's Sheehans in Chatham street like? Fancy popping in purely cos sheehan's my mums maiden name!

Ha! I wanted to visit the St Kevins area because it's my name!

Abrahams hostel lower gardiner street anyone else here and any recomendations of where to go around there

Lwr Gardiner Street aint too great - but its fine for a football trip

Pub wise you wont be drinking there - as there is only a few bars around there and they aint much

Thats no worry though as your only a 10/12 min walk to O connell St, 15/20 min walk to Temple Bar, Dame St, Nassau St, Baggot St, ...........all laced with great drinking areas

Its only a 25 min walk to the stadium with some fantastic bars en route

Your also near the Tram line , which will take you to Smithfield Square, which has FANTASTIC trad music bar called the CobbleStone , if thats something that interests you

G T R. Is there anything of note drinking wise walking up from Tara Towers.

The towers itself is on a main road.

The nearest place worth checking on is the Merrion Inn , but thats about a 15 min walk

However I would advise you to get the bus into Ballsbridge or Dart (Train) into Sandymount ...both these locations are the Tara Towers side of the stadium....and only short commuter distances (about 10 mins on bus/train)

Check out Crowes, Paddy Cullens in Ballsbridge and Ryans and Mulligans in Sandymount....these are just a few of the many pubs around these areas

The towers itself is on a main road.

The nearest place worth checking on is the Merrion Inn , but thats about a 15 min walk

However I would advise you to get the bus into Ballsbridge or Dart (Train) into Sandymount ...both these locations are the Tara Towers side of the stadium....and only short commuter distances (about 10 mins on bus/train)

Check out Crowes, Paddy Cullens in Ballsbridge and Ryans and Mulligans in Sandymount....these are just a few of the many pubs around these areas

Cheers. When you say main road, we're not going to get killed staggering back. :D

I remember 51Bar & The Dubliner from 2011.

Cheers. When you say main road, we're not going to get killed staggering back. :D

I remember 51Bar & The Dubliner from 2011.

There are footpaths - but it can be a busy road - so safer to get a cab/bus back if and when yere under the influence :)

Yeah bar 51 is the city side of the stadium,on haddington road...but only a short walk from Ballsbridge and the stadium

The Dubliner is a part of the The Ballsbridge Hotel is which practically beside the stadium on the corner of Lansdowne Road and Pembroke Rd

There are footpaths - but it can be a busy road - so safer to get a cab/bus back if and when yere under the influence :)

Yeah bar 51 is the city side of the stadium,on haddington road...but only a short walk from Ballsbridge and the stadium

The Dubliner is a part of the The Ballsbridge Hotel is which practically beside the stadium on the corner of Lansdowne Road and Pembroke Rd

There was another on Haddington road we tried getting in, but it was full of NI fans & the bouncers advised us to go to 51.

Was on the other side of road I recall.