Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin? - Page 27 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin?

There was another on Haddington road we tried getting in, but it was full of NI fans & the bouncers advised us to go to 51.

Was on the other side of road I recall.

the only other pub that jumps to mind on haddington is smyths.....from what i remember , im pretty sure its the other side of the road also

heres an image - look familar?

http://publin.ie/wp-content/uploads//2012/05/b9a74482b63529917400853a995afec7.jpg

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Searsons....very nice pub. Was renovated 3 years ago. Really nice inside. ...does a great trade and less than 10 mins walk from stadium.

Owned by a guy who was a part of a small consortium who bought Sunderland FC awhile back

What's this placed called?

There will be absolutely zero issue with Scottish fans in the home end. As i've said before sadly Irish fans got coins thrown at them and secterian abuse from a minority in Glasgow as they sat in the home end. I guarantee there'll be zero hassle when you visit. We leave that shite to people in Northern Ireland and a minority in Scotland

Tbh tbig I wouldn't be that confident in 113 though if there are a fair few scots it's less likely Edited by Newryrep

There will be absolutely zero issue with Scottish fans in the home end. As i've said before sadly Irish fans got coins thrown at them and secterian abuse from a minority in Glasgow as they sat in the home end. I guarantee there'll be zero hassle when you visit. We leave that shite to people in Northern Ireland and a minority in Scotland

I don't know how you can guarantee that there be zero hassle, I'm sure the scots would of gave us the same guarantee before the game in Glasgow. Will always be a few who let the collective down and I'd not be as confident that all our support be on their best behaviour. I'm not saying be anything serious could be just bit of banter taken to far etc. We have seen fans moved from 113 in the past and it wasn't because of massive confrontation but over something that was said.

I've been asked by a lot of scots about possible trouble in home end etc and been honest in my response, they can expect banter to be thrown at them but if any irish fan steps over the mark with this they will be dealt with by their fellow irish fans

Great Pub - but bit out of the way of city centre

For those interested - 10 min tram ride from O'Connell street

Yep - 3 sockets

Cheers

Has the FAI announced a fan zone either for the party pre match or providing big screen for fans to watch the match? Surely it would make sense considering the number of troops landing.

Ahh yes Dublin is known as the Tehran of the north with its complete absence of hostelries selling intoxicating liqueur and having electric trickery which enables a magic box in the corner to show moving pictures

Fan zones are to supporters what mc Donald's is to fine dining

Edited by Newryrep

We stumbled into the Blue Lion pub one Sunday looking for an early drink

Opened shutters and place mobbed (looked like from nyt b4)

What a place!!! Having said that folk were friendly enough

Not sure if place still open or not, but real eye opener, worth a visit folks :wtf: