Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin? - Page 20 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin?

Hey Lads

What do you know of the Schoolhouse? Does it attract a pre/post match football crowd?

Doesn't seem far from stadium and other bars near stadium but although it seems a good hotel and a decent place to eat, not sure

how down to earth the bar is and how popular it will be come match weekend??

Cheers!

Used to work across the road from it, have never been in it for a game and I couldn't imagine it being the place to be for an atmosphere, cans on the street in June yer only man, the craic will be bleedin everywhere!

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the pubs in and about the Aviva Stadium? I hear Baggot Street is quite close by?

Where are the best pubs in that area?

about 10/15 min walk to baggot st......loads of pubs nearby mate.......absolutely loads

Hey Lads

What do you know of the Schoolhouse? Does it attract a pre/post match football crowd?

Doesn't seem far from stadium and other bars near stadium but although it seems a good hotel and a decent place to eat, not sure

Cheers!

Yep its a pre match pub...great pub

I was in it last night before our kick off against poland

Both Polish and Irish fans were drinking in it

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

This might sound like a silly question but how child friendly will the pubs be pre/ post match I will have my 13yr old with me thanks

Not a chance mate. All pubs have bouncers on and there is zero tolerance.

Correct. .....post match, anyone with a child shud be fine.

Pre-match. ....not happening

Is it not the other way about GTR pre match will have no bother getting kids into any of the bars around the ground. Post match it can be a bit harder with a lot if the bars having bouncers on the doors, if want a few pints after the game and have kids with you the Clyde court hotel (formerly the berkley court) is beside the stadium and no issue getting in with kids

Can ye drink (legally) on the streets in Dublin? Finding a carry oot shop and a square sounds appealing but failing that - pubs will dae

Will be no problem. The gardai have always been sound on matchdays in my experience. Glasgow polis should take a leaf out of their book.

Is it not the other way about GTR pre match will have no bother getting kids into any of the bars around the ground. Post match it can be a bit harder with a lot if the bars having bouncers on the doors, if want a few pints after the game and have kids with you the Clyde court hotel (formerly the berkley court) is beside the stadium and no issue getting in with kids

Hahahaha. ... cheers mate

sorry lads....meant pre match will be fine

Post match. ..no chance

Can ye drink (legally) on the streets in Dublin? Finding a carry oot shop and a square sounds appealing but failing that - pubs will dae

Generally it shud be ok. As dave says....special circumstances will be treated with a bit more understanding by our police.

Shudnt be a major issues. ..provided yere drinking in certain areas and not acting like drunk d*cks.

Give the police no hassle and they will in general return the favour

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

Generally it shud be ok. As dave says....special circumstances will be treated with a bit more understanding by our police.

Shudnt be a major issues. ..provided yere drinking in certain areas and not acting like drunk d*cks.

Give the police no hassle and they will in general return the favour

GTR- There's been a bit of chat on the "Meet on Saturday" thread about potential Saturday gathering point at St Stephen's Green or Merrion Sq .

is that a possibility or would the Garda have problems with it ?

GTR- There's been a bit of chat on the "Meet on Saturday" thread about potential Saturday gathering point at St Stephen's Green or Merrion Sq .

is that a possibility or would the Garda have problems with it ?

I think its a possibility.

Would suggest merrion square rather than the green s the green is city centre and ye are more likely to encounter problems

Once its done in a good natured manner....and dosent cause any major disturbance.....i cant see any major issues

Hey Lads

Cheers!

Went there pre match for the NI & Republic games in 2011, nice place, good food & shock, it's an old school so pretty strange interior. It's also got an outdoor seating area which will be rammed in June.

Went to the Beggars bush pre and post match for the 6 Nations last year and the craic was brilliant. Moved on to Slattery's after that, again good fun, before heading back into town. (Actually had to nip back to the hotel and put my old man to bed as he had "caught drunk").

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Hey Lads

Cheers!

Me n the mrs stayin in the schoolhouse I'm hoping it will be busy on the Saturday means we don't haven't wander to far is the food in here decent though n wot kind of prices you talkin

Went there pre match for the NI & Republic games in 2011, nice place, good food & shock, it's an old school so pretty strange interior. It's also got an outdoor seating area which will be rammed in June.

Went to the Beggars bush pre and post match for the 6 Nations last year and the craic was brilliant. Moved on to Slattery's after that, again good fun, before heading back into town. (Actually had to nip back to the hotel and put my old man to bed as he had "caught drunk").

J

Beggars bush is always a good spot before games and slatterys has now become the new home of ybig so a lot of the members meet here before the games and they also show the fans game on tvs before the game.

Big bonus to both bars is the nearby spar shop lol a lot were going there last Sunday getting cans and drinking them in the outside area to the front of beggars bush. Hard to turn down 4 cans (cans of Dutch gold) for €5 when was €5.10 for a pint in the bar