League Cup 23-24 - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

Been OK since he came back from injury but I'd be surprised they'd want him for any reason other than home grown quotas.

I’m pretty sure that’s why we signed Scott Wright. I’m guessing if we sign him he’d take Ryan Jack’s place in the squad as I assume he won’t be offered a new contract. Might end up back at Aberdeen….

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Barron to rangers is the rumour. Like fucking clockwork

Would think with their training facilities/academy they’d be rolling their own home grown young starlets out by the barrowload & nae have to raid the wee clubs.

Heading to the pub today to watch the Cup final then the Liverpool Man Utd game, will be having a few punts to keep things interesting 15/2 Aberdeen is very tempting but will they turn up? If both teams play to their best I would expect Rangers to win but I don’t think there is as much between them as the price suggests. Anyhoo the mugs double of Aberdeen and Man Utd is 67/1 just saying 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

At least we now 100% know shirt pulls are only fouls when it's a Rangers player being tugged

Take it back. The ref just gave the dons a foul for a shirt pull but completely ignored the other two 😆 

2 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

When only one team turns up to attack and win the game then this is what happens. Well done Rangers.

Aberdeen did try to attack ya fuckin rocket. Rangers just defended brilliantly. Even the hun infested panel on viaplay said as much 😆 

Pretty disappointing game but the better team won in the end. I was worried how we’d handle Miovski after last time but Balogun was excellent and I thought Lundstram had a good game too. And Tav did what Tav does, the guy is unbelievable.  And I can’t believe in that big stramash at the end Devlin didn’t get booked which cost me £290!! 😂

9 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

For Viaplay's sake I hope this thread isn't representative of the viewing figures 😄

They had Alan Hutton on as a neutral commentator ffs, that's the standard of viaplay's match coverage.

Thought Stewart was gonna lamp him for some of his ludicrous comments, he was getting totally pissed off with his blue rinsing during the whole game. 

12 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Pretty disappointing game but the better team won in the end. I was worried how we’d handle Miovski after last time but Balogun was excellent and I thought Lundstram had a good game too. And Tav did what Tav does, the guy is unbelievable.  And I can’t believe in that big stramash at the end Devlin didn’t get booked which cost me £290!! 😂

I've seen a rerun of that big stramash and it clearly shows Buckland swiping Duks feet away, Var should have had a look at it and it would (in most countries) have been a penalty. There was also the clear shirt pull in the first half which going by the ruling during the Pittodrie game should have resulted in a penalty.

Aberdeen were poor today but Rangers weren't much better.

12 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

I've seen a rerun of that big stramash and it clearly shows Buckland swiping Duks feet away, Var should have had a look at it and it would (in most countries) have been a penalty. There was also the clear shirt pull in the first half which going by the ruling during the Pittodrie game should have resulted in a penalty.

I thought that at the end too, could easily have been given

2 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

You can tell Stewart gets frustrated with scottish football as a whole but he's up against it because the vast majority of pundits are pro old firm and they cannot hide their allegiances. 

Hutton took co commentary to the lowest level I can remember.