Europe 23/24 - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

47 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Hibs draw Aston Villa if they get past Luzern, probably best no to tbh Villa could take double figures off us over two legs. Then again that might get rid of the imposter in the dug out 😀

The Return of McGinn...👍

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Redz said:

Flights booked with Avios Points to Gothenburg

Refundable if it happens to be Vilnius

If the latter, Stn Vno return it is

SF

I’m waiting for the groups, only 4 days left, so hopefully catch somewhere sunny over the colder months here. 

39 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So, question. Sevco match tonight is a one off or home and away. 2nd question, if they get beat do they go to Europa league? 

You would think with having Celtic been pumped out of so many qualifiers, after all these years, you would know the answer to that. 

18 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

You would think with having Celtic been pumped out of so many qualifiers, after all these years, you would know the answer to that. 

Not surprised you did not answer my question as you would know fuck all about Europe following sheep...

12 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Not surprised you did not answer my question as you would know fuck all about Europe following sheep...

Last season was the only year in about 5-6 seasons that we haven’t played in Europe 🤔 good of you to show some more clear knowledge of the game. 

Keep posting though, your stupidness amuses me no ends at work 👍🏽

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Last season was the only year in about 5-6 seasons that we haven’t played in Europe 🤔 good of you to show some more clear knowledge of the game. 

Keep posting though, your stupidness amuses me no ends at work 👍🏽

You call that Europe? The ink wasn't even dry on their passports before they got papped oot as usual ya fuckin bellend....

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You call that Europe? The ink wasn't even dry on their passports before they got papped oot as usual ya fuckin bellend....

Here comes the slander again, Ramy back on the bevvy. We don’t get 2-3 chances of getting knocked out of europe like your mob and still manage to make an arse of it. 

Roll on the group stages so we can see who’s sticking 5-6 past you this season again 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So, question. Sevco match tonight is a one off or home and away. 2nd question, if they get beat do they go to Europa league? 

No offence ramy but you surely know the answer yo this question? If you were just trying to start a conversation then fair enough but there isn't a football fan that I'm aware of who doesn't know the qualifiers are played over two legs. It's been that way in Europe for as long as anyone can remember. 

Maybe some older fans can answer this but has there ever been a European tournament played over one leg out with a final?

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

No offence ramy but you surely know the answer yo this question? If you were just trying to start a conversation then fair enough but there isn't a football fan that I'm aware of who doesn't know the qualifiers are played over two legs. It's been that way in Europe for as long as anyone can remember. 

Maybe some older fans can answer this but has there ever been a European tournament played over one leg out with a final?

Ot was a genuine question. I heard on skye the winner tonight plays next week against PSV.. Maybe I heard it wrong, rangers were seeded, so that's why I was confused. As usual DD pipes in with his smartarse remarks...

17 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Here comes the slander again, Ramy back on the bevvy. We don’t get 2-3 chances of getting knocked out of europe like your mob and still manage to make an arse of it. 

Roll on the group stages so we can see who’s sticking 5-6 past you this season again 😂😂😂

I'm actually not on  the bevie hen, maybe you should try getting off it instead of continuing to make an absolute cnut of yourself. 

33 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The old Intertoto cup was, for a 5 team group, 2 games at home 2 games away. Last 16 & quarter-finals were one legged. The semis over two, with the winners then entering the Uefa cup. 

On 8/7/2023 at 8:47 PM, dandydunn said:

I’m waiting for the groups, only 4 days left, so hopefully catch somewhere sunny over the colder months here. 

Aye, I can understand that

Hopefully in the EL, not the ECL, too 

1 minute ago, Redz said:

Aye, I can understand that

Hopefully in the EL, not the ECL, too 

Seen someone mention that whilst the EL is more initial money, the points will be harder to come by than what the ECL may be, so money could even itself out that with a wins or draws. 

Just somewhere half decent will do me, where there’s no chance of being killed by lunatics like yesterdays carry on. 

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Come on BR, FFS 

Are all your fellow Canadians as ill informed ya big dafty 🙄😂

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66441834

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Seen someone mention that whilst the EL is more initial money, the points will be harder to come by than what the ECL may be, so money could even itself out that with a wins or draws. 

Just somewhere half decent will do me, where there’s no chance of being killed by lunatics like yesterdays carry on.

Sure, about £500k more upfront from what I read

We'd require 1 win and a draw in the conference to make that difference up I think?

I'm for the bigger comp, with the most favourable draw possible...........whilst watching it all unfold from behind my sofa 🙈

Just now, Redz said:

Come on BR, FFS 

Are all your fellow Canadians as ill informed ya big dafty 🙄😂

Listen mate, it was a genuine question. I know it's always been a 2 leg competition, but Uefa keeps changing everything these days. That's why I asked the question. I maybe did not hear Sky Sports properly as I am 70 percent deaf in my left ear, and thought the winner plays PSV next week.. What bothers me is folk like DD take this as a chance to have a dig. Your a decent lad, as is VA, no idea what DDs problem is, nor do I give a fuck to be honest....

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Listen mate, it was a genuine question. I know it's always been a 2 leg competition, but Uefa keeps changing everything these days. That's why I asked the question. I maybe did not hear Sky Sports properly as I am 70 percent deaf in my left ear, and thought the winner plays PSV next week.. What bothers me is folk like DD take this as a chance to have a dig. Your a decent lad, as is VA, no idea what DDs problem is, nor do I give a fuck to be honest....

👍

DD's a decent lad too, you just give him waaaaay too much ammo 🤔 

42 minutes ago, SteveMcD said:

The old Intertoto cup was, for a 5 team group, 2 games at home 2 games away. Last 16 & quarter-finals were one legged. The semis over two, with the winners then entering the Uefa cup. 

Thinking more about this I believe the europa was similar when it first started. Aberdeen played panathanikos and atletico Madrid away from home and then locomotive Moscow and Copenhagen at home

2 hours ago, Redz said:

Sure, about £500k more upfront from what I read

We'd require 1 win and a draw in the conference to make that difference up I think?

I'm for the bigger comp, with the most favourable draw possible...........whilst watching it all unfold from behind my sofa 🙈

😂😂

Got any plans to head to any of them at all?