Womans World Cup..... - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Womans World Cup.....

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Got to admit I quite enjoyed her screaming 'Fuck off!' after she saved it.

Her and Carter were probably the only two with pass marks.  Some of Spain's interplay was brilliant.

Genuinely enjoyed the tournament and its come on massively.  I think I'd be tempted to go to the next tournament we qualify for as wee lass is bang into it. 

Earps will enjoy hero status for a while after that rant. She was very lucky the penalty wasn't retaken because she was off her line before the kick was taken. The majority of media won't report that, they will be loving her sweary rant. 

I'm sure there was once an incident with Wayne Rooney where he either got or he was threatened with suspension for a sweary rant after a penalty.........

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Earps will enjoy hero status for a while after that rant. She was very lucky the penalty wasn't retaken because she was off her line before the kick was taken. The majority of media won't report that, they will be loving her sweary rant. 

I'm sure there was once an incident with Wayne Rooney where he either got or he was threatened with suspension for a sweary rant after a penalty.........

If that had been the other way around and it was the Spanish keeper you can guarantee the media reaction would have been very different 

2 hours ago, Kirk said:

If that had been the other way around and it was the Spanish keeper you can guarantee the media reaction would have been very different 

It was only the quarter final where she had a howler and was lobbed by a long range effort - see David Seaman from 2002 in Japan. 

She jumps off her line, in other words cheats to save the penalty and shes hailed a hero for telling the spanish players to fuck off😂 Gotta love the english sports media

23 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It was only the quarter final where she had a howler and was lobbed by a long range effort - see David Seaman from 2002 in Japan. 

She jumps off her line, in other words cheats to save the penalty and shes hailed a hero for telling the spanish players to fuck off😂 Gotta love the english sports media

Must be something about English goalies with big ponytails. 🤔

She's a big arrogant besom - definitely a goalie in the Boruc/Lehmann/Schmeichel mould. 

(She is, however, also quite hot, so to a large degree I can forgive her!)

7 minutes ago, scotlad said:

(She is, however, also quite hot, so to a large degree I can forgive her!)

Make up makes her passable not that i am any oil painting myself

16 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

No wonder you're getting into the women's game Ramy - Celtic women have never lost to their Kilmarnock counterparts 👍 

Naw mate, I don't care for womans football, I just enjoy engerland getting pumped at whatever they are involved in.. Looks good on the arrogant fucks...🙂🙂

30 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Make up makes her passable not that i am any oil painting myself

I would - and if I was younger, fitter and better looking so might she. 

As it is she'd probably tell me to fuck off. 🤣

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I didnt notice that at first but it's fairly obvious. It reminds of Scotland v Argentina in the last World Cup, but then VAR intervened and said Lee Alexander had come off her line and she didn't have any chance with the retake. No doubt the English press would be howling if roles had been reversed and the Spanish goalie was off her line.

8 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

They're a bunch of twats, all they were talking about this morn is how good she was and getting the golden glove was amazing etc. Barley mentioned the fact they lost the final. Mccoist is a right twat at times sookin the English boaby

10 minutes ago, Kirk said:

They're a bunch of twats, all they were talking about this morn is how good she was and getting the golden glove was amazing etc. Barley mentioned the fact they lost the final. Mccoist is a right twat at times sookin the English boaby

I imagine mccoist would get pelters if he said anything remotely negative about the English men or women's maternal team. Probably not worth the hassle but at the same time he doesn't have to kiss their arse too much.

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I imagine mccoist would get pelters if he said anything remotely negative about the English men or women's maternal team. Probably not worth the hassle but at the same time he doesn't have to kiss their arse too much.

He definitely supports them both a bit and I understand in his job he can't exactly give them pelters. Jim Whyte and fatty Brazil are the same. 

Wonder if the English women’s football supporters are up there with McCoist’s favourite fans of all time English crickets Barmy Army, hopefully he’s fully recovered from Diana’s death by now. Welt of a man

Edited by dan cake

12 hours ago, dan cake said:

Wonder if the English women’s football supporters are up there with McCoist’s favourite fans of all time English crickets Barmy Army, hopefully he’s fully recovered from Diana’s death by now. Welt of a man

Glad it's not only me that canny go him. He can be funny at times but his constant sooking up to the English is tiresome. Don't really listen to talksport much at all now, breakfast show and Jim Whyte is same repetitive shite

29 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Glad it's not only me that canny go him. He can be funny at times but his constant sooking up to the English is tiresome. 

Dived for a penalty then punched Mark Fulton from behind in Sourness’s first game at Easter Road, serial adulterer and convicted drunk driver. Cheeky chappy, lovable rogue, blah fucking blah…..

On 8/21/2023 at 3:19 PM, dan cake said:

Probably 😆

I'm an optimist.

Going by the highlights Spain thoroughly deserved to win and the 1-0 score-line flattered England a bit.  With a bit less luck and without their hot goalie they might have been on the wrong end of a skelping.

Before Sunday though it was taken as read that England would win it; that the game itself was just a formality.  Through my lack of knowledge of the women's game, I bought into it too.  I know the British media hype the men's team beyond all reasonable proportions too but you still get the occasional, quiet voice of reason in the maelstrom pointing out that the team they're about to play are actually quite good too - that seemed to me to be totally absent before Sunday's match. 

From what I can gather the bigger story is the rise of the Spanish team.  I believe this was only the third World Cup they had ever qualified for and I remember our women's team beating them in the Euros in 2017 - and being half expected to!  That's a remarkable improvement over a short space of time.

5 hours ago, dan cake said:

Dived for a penalty then punched Mark Fulton from behind in Sourness’s first game at Easter Road, serial adulterer and convicted drunk driver. Cheeky chappy, lovable rogue, blah fucking blah…..

Aye he's 💯 had a go of Laura woods

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

I very much doubt that hes a fat old man with a face like a strawberry

I still wouldn't discount the possibility, the ladies like oor Ally.  If you've got the gift you don't lose it.

(I suspect this might be the real reason for the some of the animosity towards him, rather than him diving to win a penalty 40 years ago 😏)