Womans World Cup..... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Womans World Cup.....

Kicks off today, being retired I'll watch some of this tournament,  Scotland not involved unfortunately.. I cannot believe the talk about the, I can't even type it. "Lioneses". FFS, they have already won it... Makes me fucking cringe. I'll watch Canada v Nigeria tonight as Mrs.Ramy wants to go to our local and watch it with half price wine Thursday's.. 😉. Even though I'm not a huge fan of Woman's football, please spare us God and someone other than Engerland win it. We will never hear the end of it !!!  

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refuse to watch it

If it's not the Lionesses then it's the Matildas !

Get yersel to fuck

Women's cricket is being forced on us too - that will be the next to be given full terrestrial coverage

49 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I refuse to watch it

If it's not the Lionesses then it's the Matildas !

Get yersel to fuck

Women's cricket is being forced on us too - that will be the next to be given full terrestrial coverage

I've supported women's football for years, took training sessions at school, tried to arrange fixtures (PE staff weren't interested and English FA weren't helpful), spent several years being a taxi service for my daughter, wrote match reports, published souvenir brochures for each season, ran the line, stood up for it against its critics etc.

I think it's great that women's football is getting this type of coverage. The only thing that bugs me is that when it comes to Scottish football it's a case of crumbs from the rich man's table.

23 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I've supported women's football for years, took training sessions at school, tried to arrange fixtures (PE staff weren't interested and English FA weren't helpful), spent several years being a taxi service for my daughter, wrote match reports, published souvenir brochures for each season, ran the line, stood up for it against its critics etc.

I think it's great that women's football is getting this type of coverage. The only thing that bugs me is that when it comes to Scottish football it's a case of crumbs from the rich man's table.

I really hope my daughter starts to like football but right now its still Dancing, Barbies and princesses for her right now. Anytime I encourage her to watch Scotland or the dons, I am met with a scowl 🤣

I only have one gripe with womens game, the demands for more money so quickly. Its great their game is developing but they won't get to the same level of money as the men immediately. Fifa basically had to blackmail nations to cough up more cash for this world cup and they are giving away freebies to promote the tournament. 

They have a record amount of prize money but they feel they deserve more. Where do they want that money to come from?

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I really hope my daughter starts to like football but right now its still Dancing, Barbies and princesses for her right now. Anytime I encourage her to watch Scotland or the dons, I am met with a scowl 🤣

I only have one gripe with womens game, the demands for more money so quickly. Its great their game is developing but they won't get to the same level of money as the men immediately. Fifa basically had to blackmail nations to cough up more cash for this world cup and they are giving away freebies to promote the tournament. 

They have a record amount of prize money but they feel they deserve more. Where do they want that money to come from?

I'm so glad my daughter swapped ballet for football!

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Hing that annoys me. They want to be treated equal, same level.as the men's game. Well don't fuckin walk on the pitch wae makeup, face paint, and fake eyelashes for a start.... It's a fuckin man's game !!!

Have you seen Cristiano Ronaldo? 

'Historic' - the World Cup's first out trans player

Top article on BBC website. I can't help thinking that there's not too much to the story. There's no indication that the player was born biologically male. So, all it really amounts to is they presumably fancy both men and women (wouldn't be the first) and rather than saying 'she was the best player', you have to say 'they were the best player'.

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Top article on BBC website. I can't help thinking that there's not too much to the story. There's no indication that the player was born biologically male. So, all it really amounts to is they presumably fancy both men and women (wouldn't be the first) and rather than saying 'she was the best player', you have to say 'they were the best player'.

Classed as female at birth, I believe.

51 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Well that was the assumption that I was making. So I don't see how it's a big story Just makes it a nightmare for commentators, 'She passes to them. They shoot.'?

Aye, you've got to feel sorry for them,  right enough, what a tough job they have got. 😉

4 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Football is fucked. Wait until you get the transgender version of Vinnie Jones playing womans football.. It's coming, just like that Transgender female boxer that's punching fuck oot of any female he/she faces in the ring.. It's wrong, I'm sorry, I'm no prejudice, but I don't agree with it.. Hope I have not offended anyone, was not my intention, just my opinion.. 

8 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Well that was the assumption that I was making. So I don't see how it's a big story Just makes it a nightmare for commentators, 'She passes to them. They shoot.'?

Do they shout man on? Or is women on? Or they on?

6 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Football is fucked. Wait until you get the transgender version of Vinnie Jones playing womans football.. It's coming, just like that Transgender female boxer that's punching fuck oot of any female he/she faces in the ring.. It's wrong, I'm sorry, I'm no prejudice, but I don't agree with it.. Hope I have not offended anyone, was not my intention, just my opinion.. 

Not sure why football is fucked. Its a biological female who now identifies as a man playing against biological females. No harm done

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Not sure why football is fucked. Its a biological female who now identifies as a man playing against biological females. No harm done

It's all about opinions. This just opens the door. I used the transgender boxer as an example. Punching fuck out of other woman in the ring, it's not fair. There is also a transgender swimmer who's winning every race by a mile, is that fair?? Like I said, I'm no being prejudicial, but controversy will come into this in the future, mark my words. The world has gone completely fuckin mad... 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not sure that's true. Quinn identifies as non-binary, rather than being male. I don't think that any harm is done but it just strikes me as a bit bizarre that a player in the Women's World Cup doesn't want to be called she or her or presumably even a woman. 

10 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I'm not sure that's true. Quinn identifies as non-binary, rather than being male. I don't think that any harm is done but it just strikes me as a bit bizarre that a player in the Women's World Cup doesn't want to be called she or her or presumably even a woman. 

If this was a biological male I'd get the fuss but there's no issue for me

11 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

It's all about opinions. This just opens the door. I used the transgender boxer as an example. Punching fuck out of other woman in the ring, it's not fair. There is also a transgender swimmer who's winning every race by a mile, is that fair?? Like I said, I'm no being prejudicial, but controversy will come into this in the future, mark my words. The world has gone completely fuckin mad... 

You're comparing two different situations, in this instance a biological female is playing football against other biological females. She has no advantage 

In the other instances your are comparing biological males competing against biological females which is definitely unfair.

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

You're comparing two different situations, in this instance a biological female is playing football against other biological females. She has no advantage 

In the other instances your are comparing biological males competing against biological females which is definitely unfair.

Fair play VA...👍