Who is the BBC "Star" Sweep - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who is the BBC "Star" Sweep

7 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Do we assume that the young person is in fact a girl then ?

Mental stuff

I interpreted the young adult as being a girl by something i read but thought I maybe had misread it as most folk seemed to think it was a male. 

After his name was mentioned the other day I was reading about his depression and also an article about his 3 stone weight loss by exercising . Something he said in the article made me slightly suspicious it might be him before it was all over the internet that it was him but there was no proof whatsoever only a gut feeling. 

I hope he gets the help for this illness and my heart goes out to his family however I hope this is not used as a way to airbrush over what he has done. It seems to be if your face fits then mental health issues are an acceptable excuse , whilst others  are thrown to the lions. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

After his name was mentioned the other day I was reading about his depression and also an article about his 3 stone weight loss by exercising .

I can see a Huw Edwards wank yourself thin DVD out for Christmas 

19 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It did when trying to narrow the culprit field down

Possibly the Schofield bias at play - plus the odds of a 17 year old girl being a crack addict are much higher than a 17 year old boy

Ally Bongo’s “It’s obvious” algorithm failing again. 

Who’s been trying to work it out?  I knew it was probably Huw Edwards on Sunday and that was only because I was out on the lash all day on Saturday.

How do you that he/she was actually a crack addict?  

I don’t know why I have to say this but don’t believe what you read in the Sun.

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

How do you that he/she was actually a crack addict?  

The presenter faces accusations of wrongdoing after the mother of a young person claimed that the young person had been paid £35,000 by the star for explicit images and that the money had been used to fund a crack cocaine addiction. The mother told the paper: “When I see him [the presenter] on telly, I feel sick.

27 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I interpreted the young adult as being a girl by something i read but thought I maybe had misread it as most folk seemed to think it was a male. 

After his name was mentioned the other day I was reading about his depression and also an article about his 3 stone weight loss by exercising . Something he said in the article made me slightly suspicious it might be him before it was all over the internet that it was him but there was no proof whatsoever only a gut feeling. 

I hope he gets the help for this illness and my heart goes out to his family however I hope this is not used as a way to airbrush over what he has done. It seems to be if your face fits then mental health issues are an acceptable excuse , whilst others  are thrown to the lions. 

You’d assume that’s his media career over but these things are hard to predict.

Hard for his family and the media themselves are like vultures. 

6 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The presenter faces accusations of wrongdoing after the mother of a young person claimed that the young person had been paid £35,000 by the star for explicit images and that the money had been used to fund a crack cocaine addiction. The mother told the paper: “When I see him [the presenter] on telly, I feel sick.

Where’s that from. Oh it’s from the Sun. 

One more time - don’t believe the Sun.

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Frank Bough all over again.  

8 minutes ago, aaid said:

Where’s that from. Oh it’s from the Sun. 

One more time - don’t believe the Sun.

It's from the Mother actually - whether she is talking pish or not

8 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Yeah, at 61 I would think the easier thing would be to disappear off screen. Because of who he is I think he will get an easier time than most from the media but I think he is finished certainly on TV.

I cant help but think there is an element of mid life crisis in this too, he was talking about enjoying the compliments he was getting on his weight loss, but that is nothing more  than my sub amateur psychologists diagnosis which is probably as accurate as my private detective skills 🙄 

Little sympathy for him .

just listening to a former Sky exec saying most people love him, national treasure blah blah. All I remember was a pious talking head in a suit. Holier than thou Royalist. Can only mean one thing behind closed doors in this Kuntry . 
Was a pioneer for fans only. 
Gotta laugh at Beeb, Sky and GBeebies with their blanket coverage trying to blame social media for everything somehow.

the Beeb still giving it royalty levels coverage, somebody doing his former job of eulogising him in best of Edwards reverential tones. Does make me balk at the “trust “ they insist we all have for the Beeb. It’s like they forgot Saville, Harris and the rest they were never held accountable for.

29 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I cant help but think there is an element of mid life crisis in this too,

Tattoo’s or a motorbike are a better option than getting teenagers to send you pictures of their foo foo, only one victim here and it’s not Huw

3 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Tattoo’s or a motorbike are a better option than getting teenagers to send you pictures of their foo foo, only one victim here and it’s not Huw

Oh dont interpret that as sympathy for him . Quite the opposite infact. The double standards piss me off too. 

17 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Oh dont interpret that as sympathy for him . Quite the opposite infact. The double standards piss me off too. 

👍 I don’t want him burnt at the stake either, if he’s no criminal charges to face then lose of job and reputation is sufficient the added abuse in the street is optional but at the same time merited. I’d be raging if he gets airtime or gives magazine interviews claiming he’s a victim of these times we live in as 30 years ago it would have been a perk of being famous

Can I just point out that all we have is some second hand allegations reported in the Sun.  The police have interviewed the individual - we know their view - the parents who have made the allegations and Huw Edwards.   If the allegations are as described or suggested and can be proven then there should be charges, the police have concluded there’s no criminality.   Since it took there days for the police to carry out their investigation for a high profile case, you have to conclude that there is really nothing in it.   It’s not clear if the Sun actually saw the evidence all they have admitted to is having a signed affidavit from the mother and stepfather that they were telling the truth.

If it turns out that he’s been up to no good then hell mend him but I’ll wait for that to come out - if it does - and won’t be jumping to conclusions or branding him as guilty just because he’s famous. 

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Can I just point out that all we have is some second hand allegations reported in the Sun.  The police have interviewed the individual - we know their view - the parents who have made the allegations and Huw Edwards.   If the allegations are as described or suggested and can be proven then there should be charges, the police have concluded there’s no criminality.   Since it took there days for the police to carry out their investigation for a high profile case, you have to conclude that there is really nothing in it.   It’s not clear if the Sun actually saw the evidence all they have admitted to is having a signed affidavit from the mother and stepfather that they were telling the truth.

If it turns out that he’s been up to no good then hell mend him but I’ll wait for that to come out - if it does - and won’t be jumping to conclusions or branding him as guilty just because he’s famous. 

You really think all this has gone on for 5 days and there is no substance?

For me the legal aspect is fairly irrelevant. Under ANY circumstances , a 61 yr old man involving himself in this way with an 18-20 yr old is as seedy as hell. Its nothing to do with him being famous . 

Any sympathy I have lies with his family. 

31 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

You really think all this has gone on for 5 days and there is no substance?

For me the legal aspect is fairly irrelevant. Under ANY circumstances , a 61 yr old man involving himself in this way with an 18-20 yr old is as seedy as hell. Its nothing to do with him being famous . 

Any sympathy I have lies with his family. 

It’s gone on for five days because Huw Edwards’s couldn’t be named.  The basic story didn’t change, if the Sun rolled back on it.

If has been suggested above it was via OnlyFans - I don’t know that’s the case but it sounds reasonable - then it will probably mean that it is all legal and consensual and that it will all have been conducted online.  

its not my cup of tea but if that’s what people want to do then that’s up to them.  

OnlyFans is massive, maybe you need to stay in more.  

It also puts a completely different spin on the “paying for a crack cocaine habit” story, are people supposed to ask anyone they carry out a business transaction with what they’re spending their money on?  

8 hours ago, aaid said:

It’s gone on for five days because Huw Edwards’s couldn’t be named.  The basic story didn’t change, if the Sun rolled back on it.

If has been suggested above it was via OnlyFans - I don’t know that’s the case but it sounds reasonable - then it will probably mean that it is all legal and consensual and that it will all have been conducted online.  

its not my cup of tea but if that’s what people want to do then that’s up to them.  

It also puts a completely different spin on the “paying for a crack cocaine habit” story, are people supposed to ask anyone they carry out a business transaction with what they’re spending their money on?  

I've no idea what OnlyFans is either. I can have a rough guess, I suppose, from the context. But having little or no knowledge of such a thing seems a strange angle of attack from which to berate somebody.

8 hours ago, aaid said:

It neednt have gone 5 days if Huw Edwards had come clean, said the presenter was himself, that it was a perfectly legal website and that it was consensual. That would have blown the Suns story out the water if it was entirely made up of lies . Why did he not ? Could he know how this would look? Of course he would. Instead he let his colleagues have their names tarnished and their families harassed.

I have the utmost sympathy for anyone with mental health problems but putting that aside this is not right .

And no,  if staying at home more means showing my private parts online to someone young enough to be my grand child I will continue to go out wearing my ‘I AM PRUDE’ badge with honour. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

It neednt have gone 5 days if Huw Edwards had come clean, said the presenter was himself, that it was a perfectly legal website and that it was consensual. That would have blown the Suns story out the water if it was entirely made up of lies . Why did he not ? Could he know how this would look? Of course he would. Instead he let his colleagues have their names tarnished and their families harassed.

I have the utmost sympathy for anyone with mental health problems but putting that aside this is not right .

And no,  if staying at home more means showing my private parts online to someone young enough to be my grand child I will continue to go out wearing my ‘I AM PRUDE’ badge with honour. 

Two things, firstly Huw Edwards had a “serious mental health episode” and I wouldn’t want to speculate on what that might have involved, so I suspect that at first his wife’s first concern would’ve been his health.  Secondly, I doubt it’s a coincidence that when the statement did come it was minutes after the police statement that cleared him.   Obviously - and I don’t need Ally Bongo’s algorithm to state that - they were waiting for that to come out.  Whether they were asked not to by the police or were just waiting because they knew it would clear him, I don’t know.