Who is the BBC "Star" Sweep - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who is the BBC "Star" Sweep

15 hours ago, duncan II said:

My own opinion (whilst at the same time hating that I have an opinion on gossipy stuff) is along Pap of Glencoe and TDYER lines. For what it's worth.

I never ever pay the slightest bit of interest in the tabloids celebrity sensational shit to the point my daughters laugh at how little I know about it all. This particular time would have been much the same had the ‘ unknown’ presenter been strung out for days on end. Its impossible not to have an opinion, either you will feel it is wrong or you wont give a shit and wonder what all the fuss is about.

9 hours ago, ger intae them said:

On what is actually known here, this is close to being a non story.

if you get all tabloid, this is a massive story.

don’t sympathise with shuggie, but people going on about him being being a predator are fully immersed in modern blame culture……. get a grip. 

I wouldn’t consider him a predator unless information come out confirming he is. However you dont need to think someone is a predator to at the same time think its wrong. A guy in his 60’s paying money for teenagers sex pics was seedy in the 1970’s, to a lot of people it still is. That view is nothing to do with modern culture blame. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, ger intae them said:

Agreed, it’s seedy as hell, but that’s not actually the point….. the point is the hullabaloo around it.

I think more than one point is allowed. Threads tend to take tangents . My own point is simply on the seediness of it and what now seems to be accepted as norm, I dont really care if it was Huw Edwards or wee Shuggie from round the corner.

The Sun and other gutter papers are scumbag media that has ruined more people than I can count . This is nothing new. They create hullabuloo on a regular basis. Philip Schofield only a few weeks ago though he didn’t seem to have the luxury of the papers suddenly dropping the story. He also had a co presenter sticking the boot in. I am no fan of Schofield but the double standards are obvious. The hypocrisy too of other papers willing to run this current story themselves and now crying poor Huw. They are all complicit. 

Hopefully the backlash on this will make them think twice about repeating it but I doubt it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 6:01 PM, scotlad said:

Wings was hinting earlier on Twitter that the investigation could be reaching a head sooner rather than later.

Note this article only means that the investigation hasn’t resulted in anyone being reported to COPFS so far, it doesn’t mean that there may or may not be in the future, although you have to wonder how long they can spin this out.

It does suggest though that Wings prediction of “within days” is pure pish.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/police-not-reported-any-cases-30569438

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Note this article only means that the investigation hasn’t resulted in anyone being reported to COPFS so far, it doesn’t mean that there may or may not be in the future, although you have to wonder how long they can spin this out.

Aye, I'm not a police detective but given the nature of what's being investigated (or as far as we know is being investigated anyway) I would have thought they'd have been able to build a case by now.