Season 23/24 - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

25 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I would further like to add that I have played and managed at the top level in my football career. I have never seen such blatant diving in all my years. When I was a manager, if one of my players did that, he would be sacked, pack yir kit and donnae look back.. Disgraceful, almost prison like punishment. I am appalled.....

Who did you manage at the top level?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I would further like to add that I have played and managed at the top level in my football career....

‘Played & managed’ surely said with an ultrabtrite for the children of the night sparkle in yer eye (not tooth)…….. but I’m not sure, I think you may even believe it 😆

4 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

‘Played & managed’ surely said with an ultrabtrite for the children of the night sparkle in yer eye (not tooth)…….. but I’m not sure, I think you may even believe it 😆

You really are one sick hun fuck.... Typical response, so no surprise there....

53 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I would further like to add that I have played and managed at the top level in my football career. I have never seen such blatant diving in all my years. When I was a manager, if one of my players did that, he would be sacked, pack yir kit and donnae look back.. Disgraceful, almost prison like punishment. I am appalled.....

I'll bookmark this for when Kyogo dives next time.

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

What is this top level you speak of?

Nit a dig, genuine question. 

I coach at u-16 level, it’s far from the top leagues, I just wonder how far apart we are. 

Edited by dandydunn

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Can someone correct me if wrong. I thought players weren't allowed to feint or stop before striking a penalty.

Feinting in the run up is ok. Dummying kicking the ball is an offence though and a free kick goes to the defending team.

6 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Feinting in the run up is ok. Dummying kicking the ball is an offence though and a free kick goes to the defending team.

That's interesting. I'm sure the stuttering run up was supposed to be banned sometime in the past, but I did suspect that was no longer the case as you see it quite a lot these days. I don't really keep up with all the law tweaks. 😄

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

What is this top level you speak of?

Nit a dig, genuine question. 

I coach at u-16 level, it’s far from the top leagues, I just wonder how far apart we are. 

I coached Tier 1 under 18 Boys. It's the step below Ontario Provincial football. Highly competitive. My son was part of our squad, treated him the same as any other player on my squad... I quite enjoyed it to be fair DD, but took up alot of my time.. Lots of training, 4 sessions a week, then matches...

9 minutes ago, duncan II said:

That's interesting. I'm sure the stuttering run up was supposed to be banned sometime in the past, but I did suspect that was no longer the case as you see it quite a lot these days. I don't really keep up with all the law tweaks. 😄

Ripped from Wikipedia....

The question of "feinting" during the run-up to a penalty was popularized by Pelé in the 1970s and it was called paradinha, which in Portuguese means "little stop".[50] It has occupied the International FA Board since 1982, when it was decided that "if a player stops in his run-up it is an offence for which he shall be cautioned (for ungentlemanly conduct) by the referee".[51] However, in 1985 the same body reversed itself, deciding that the "assumption that feigning was an offence" was "wrong", and that it was up to the Referee to decide whether any instance should be penalized as ungentlemanly conduct.[52] From 2000 to 2006, documents produced by IFAB specified that feinting during the run-up to a penalty-kick was permitted.[53] In 2007, this guidance emphasized that "if in the opinion of the referee the feinting is considered an act of unsporting behaviour, the player shall be cautioned".[54] In 2010, because of concern over "an increasing trend in players feinting a penalty kick to deceive the goalkeeper", a proposal was adopted to specify that while "feinting in the run-up to take a penalty kick to confuse opponents is permitted as part of football", "feinting to kick the ball once the player has completed his run-up is considered an infringement of Law 14 and an act of unsporting behaviour for which the player must be cautioned.

1 minute ago, Toepoke said:

Ripped from Wikipedia....

The question of "feinting" during the run-up to a penalty was popularized by Pelé in the 1970s and it was called paradinha, which in Portuguese means "little stop".[50] It has occupied the International FA Board since 1982, when it was decided that "if a player stops in his run-up it is an offence for which he shall be cautioned (for ungentlemanly conduct) by the referee".[51] However, in 1985 the same body reversed itself, deciding that the "assumption that feigning was an offence" was "wrong", and that it was up to the Referee to decide whether any instance should be penalized as ungentlemanly conduct.[52] From 2000 to 2006, documents produced by IFAB specified that feinting during the run-up to a penalty-kick was permitted.[53] In 2007, this guidance emphasized that "if in the opinion of the referee the feinting is considered an act of unsporting behaviour, the player shall be cautioned".[54] In 2010, because of concern over "an increasing trend in players feinting a penalty kick to deceive the goalkeeper", a proposal was adopted to specify that while "feinting in the run-up to take a penalty kick to confuse opponents is permitted as part of football", "feinting to kick the ball once the player has completed his run-up is considered an infringement of Law 14 and an act of unsporting behaviour for which the player must be cautioned.

Cheers! That's good to know. 👍

Now find the bit which outlines that the ref should always disregard the six-second rule. I'm sure it's still part of the game. In my day it was four steps. I remember when they first brought in the six seconds, it was penalised a lot. Now, not so much.

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I coached Tier 1 under 18 Boys. It's the step below Ontario Provincial football. Highly competitive. My son was part of our squad, treated him the same as any other player on my squad... I quite enjoyed it to be fair DD, but took up alot of my time.. Lots of training, 4 sessions a week, then matches...

I respect that, I coach u-16’s, made a semi final yesterday, but with all due respect, it’s not or ever will be “top level football”

1 hour ago, duncan II said:

Cheers! That's good to know. 👍

Now find the bit which outlines that the ref should always disregard the six-second rule. I'm sure it's still part of the game. In my day it was four steps. I remember when they first brought in the six seconds, it was penalised a lot. Now, not so much.

It’s never punished now, we regularly see keepers holding a ball for 10-15 seconds. 

As in my previous comment to ramy, we had a 1/4 final yesterday, 10 minutes to go and my loon (gk) caught everything and did the shitbag thing of gathering, dropping to his knees and looking about before getting up (which he’s been coached to do) 😆 eventually, the ref told him to hurry up as the game wasnt on sky sports, but by rights, he should’ve been booked. 

If refs started booking keepers of teams that are time wasting at 1-0 up away from home after 50 minutes, it would very quickly stop. 

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I respect that, I coach u-16’s, made a semi final yesterday, but with all due respect, it’s not or ever will be “top level football”

I know, You know me. 😄. Well done though. I don't have the time to commit to coaching at a higher level, but I thoroughly enjoyed coaching at this level. More importantly it was helping these young lads learn about respect, commitment, and team play. They are at that age when they think they know everything.. Good bunch of lads... Are you going to continue coaching DD? I am back playing after a 10 years absence, and I am absolutely loving it, mind you I'm not as mobile as I used to be....

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I know, You know me. 😄. Well done though. I don't have the time to commit to coaching at a higher level, but I thoroughly enjoyed coaching at this level. More importantly it was helping these young lads learn about respect, commitment, and team play. They are at that age when they think they know everything.. Good bunch of lads... Are you going to continue coaching DD? I am back playing after a 10 years absence, and I am absolutely loving it, mind you I'm not as mobile as I used to be....

I’ve never had the time to commit to it, I was happy watching him play, I got roped into it about 5 years ago, said I would take a place until they found someone more qualified than me, low and behold, I’m still here 5 years later and am far too caught up in it. 

I know it’s wrong, but I get fair too caught up in the came and constantly booked, the game just winds me up so much 🙈😂 but as long as the boys keep the discipline on the park, I’ll take one (or 2/3/4) for the team 🙈

Im getting this on a canvas for my mum & dads Xmas this year 😂😂😂

To be fair, he was a fucking rocket 😆

IMG_5456.jpeg

13 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I’ve never had the time to commit to it, I was happy watching him play, I got roped into it about 5 years ago, said I would take a place until they found someone more qualified than me, low and behold, I’m still here 5 years later and am far too caught up in it. 

I know it’s wrong, but I get fair too caught up in the came and constantly booked, the game just winds me up so much 🙈😂 but as long as the boys keep the discipline on the park, I’ll take one (or 2/3/4) for the team 🙈

Im getting this on a canvas for my mum & dads Xmas this year 😂😂😂

To be fair, he was a fucking rocket 😆

IMG_5456.jpeg

That's brilliant! I was the same... 😂😂👍

16 hours ago, dandydunn said:

It’s never punished now, we regularly see keepers holding a ball for 10-15 seconds. 

As in my previous comment to ramy, we had a 1/4 final yesterday, 10 minutes to go and my loon (gk) caught everything and did the shitbag thing of gathering, dropping to his knees and looking about before getting up (which he’s been coached to do) 😆 eventually, the ref told him to hurry up as the game wasnt on sky sports, but by rights, he should’ve been booked. 

If refs started booking keepers of teams that are time wasting at 1-0 up away from home after 50 minutes, it would very quickly stop. 

Cant book him if its not a foul. The GK is entitled to fall to the ground. As long as he isnt taking an unreasonable amount of time thereafter then its not a foul.

The issue is that the ref isnt allowed to determine what is a "save" and what is a simple catch.

On 11/12/2023 at 5:37 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Big Ramy sending boys up the road for diving - following in the footsteps of this guy who sacked a player during a HT rant 🤣

• 2 weeks later...