Season 23/24 - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

28 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I wonder how much Rodgers will want to be active in January as there seems to be a huge drop off from 1st 11. Scales has impressed me but im not sure if he is a good player or just in good form.

Agree about Forrest. Seems to have lost the ability to go past a player. 

Celtic's style has returned to what it was under Rodgers 1st time around. Said a few months back that last time they relied alot more on individual players. For example the number of times a game was tight before Sinclair scored or got a penalty etc and then they went onto win comfortably. Problem is they dont have many players of that style who reguarly produce big individual moments. Ange was more about high tempo from the entire team which to an extent relied less on individual ability.

They are few and far between but could really do with a top number 10

Think Rogers has already said the squad is too big and  more likely to be more outs than ins in January.  Tbh, even though we've improved fractionally under Clement I don't see Celtic struggling to keep us at arms length with their current squad and doubt we'll be able to improve our squad significantly in January.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Think Rogers has already said the squad is too big and  more likely to be more outs than ins in January.  Tbh, even though we've improved fractionally under Clement I don't see Celtic struggling to keep us at arms length with their current squad and doubt we'll be able to improve our squad significantly in January.

The new manager will get more of our squad in my opinion but the next set of 11 fixtures are a real test. 

56 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I wonder how much Rodgers will want to be active in January as there seems to be a huge drop off from 1st 11. Scales has impressed me but im not sure if he is a good player or just in good form.

Agree about Forrest. Seems to have lost the ability to go past a player. 

Celtic's style has returned to what it was under Rodgers 1st time around. Said a few months back that last time they relied alot more on individual players. For example the number of times a game was tight before Sinclair scored or got a penalty etc and then they went onto win comfortably. Problem is they dont have many players of that style who reguarly produce big individual moments. Ange was more about high tempo from the entire team which to an extent relied less on individual ability.

They are few and far between but could really do with a top number 10

I think Rodgers has a clear idea on who he wants and has already thrown down the gauntlet to the board by saying ‘we have enough development players.’

Rumour has it we are deal agreed on a left back and a GK will sign a pre contract. I’d like us to add in midfield and another striker as well. It’s no as if there isn’t a couple of quid in the bank to cover it 🤔

Edited by slasher

12 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

The new manager will get more of our squad in my opinion but the next set of 11 fixtures are a real test. 

That’s a good point. When I looked at our fixtures for the first quarter I half expected us to be behind at this stage so to be 5 points clear is a result!

12 hours ago, slasher said:

I think Rodgers has a clear idea on who he wants and has already thrown down the gauntlet to the board by saying ‘we have enough development players.’

Rumour has it we are deal agreed on a left back and a GK will sign a pre contract. I’d like us to add in midfield and another striker as well. It’s no as if there isn’t a couple of quid in the bank to cover it 🤔

Attacking midfielder and an actual alternative to Kyogo would be my priorities.

Im not a huge Taylor fan but he is generally a solid consistent player at domestic level. Hart is the same but will need replaced at some point.

13 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

5 penalties to Celtic this season, more than any other team so far.  Still can't believe kyogo one at Tynie last week 

I saw this on twitter and wondered if it was genuine

Rangers on a record run of 66 League games without conceding a penalty.

Penalties conceded the last 66 SPFL games:

Rangers 0

Kilmarnock 8

St Johnstone 9

Motherwell 9

Celtic 9

Hearts 12

Livingston 14

Hibs 16

Ross County 17

Aberdeen 17

St Mirren 18

24 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I saw this on twitter and wondered if it was genuine

Rangers on a record run of 66 League games without conceding a penalty.

Penalties conceded the last 66 SPFL games:

Rangers 0

Kilmarnock 8

St Johnstone 9

Motherwell 9

Celtic 9

Hearts 12

Livingston 14

Hibs 16

Ross County 17

Aberdeen 17

St Mirren 18

Remarkable!

I wonder what possible explanation there could be 🤔

13 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Spineless pricks, Dundee should be in the shit for abysmal security & Rangers should get hammered for the behaviour of their fans, sure they did the same pyro thing last season. 

What the actual fuck! 

Apparently in the midst of this pyro ‘display’ a 13 year old girl has been sexually assaulted by a number of men?? 

I am completely and utterly lost for words for a change. 

12 minutes ago, slasher said:

What the actual fuck! 

Apparently in the midst of this pyro ‘display’ a 13 year old girl has been sexually assaulted by a number of men?? 

I am completely and utterly lost for words for a change. 

Just read that.  Fucking disgusting, I hope they're found and gutted alive 

17 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Spineless pricks, Dundee should be in the shit for abysmal security & Rangers should get hammered for the behaviour of their fans, sure they did the same pyro thing last season. 

Not sure you can blame Dundee. Couldn't tell you last game I was searched and I go home and away every week.

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Not sure you can blame Dundee. Couldn't tell you last game I was searched and I go home and away every week.

Young ultras get searched going into the shed (Merkland) end at Pittodrie, one or two still get in but obviously nae checks at Dens park.