Michael Pace - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Michael Pace

bonzo

I searched for the name on Facebook and i know the fella - it looks as though he was in Oslo too

I am sure he was on one of the France 98 Euroscot/Ian Sharp tour buses 

We got the impression he wasnt the full shilling mainly because we were queuing in a Bordeaux currency exchange place and everyone was fannying around with passports which they required or they werent going to give us money

He obviously never had his but he played up not being the full shilling and passed through the glass a music cassette instead of his passport and the burd accepted it and gave him his money 

God bless the wee man 😢

I first became aware of Pasty when he’d deliver the betterware catalogues round my bit then would often notice him at Hibs games and latterly Scotland games

It wouldn’t have been the first time I’d hear someone belting out Life With You on the karaoke in the Iona on a Saturday night only to turn round and see him singing his hert oot

Wallpaper Ricky fairly recently and now Pasty. They must be having some cracking Nicht afore pairtys up there

13 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

God bless the wee man 😢

I first became aware of Pasty when he’d deliver the betterware catalogues round my bit then would often notice him at Hibs games and latterly Scotland games

It wouldn’t have been the first time I’d hear someone belting out Life With You on the karaoke in the Iona on a Saturday night only to turn round and see him singing his hert oot

Wallpaper Ricky fairly recently and now Pasty. They must be having some cracking Nicht afore pairtys up there

Met the two of the guys you mentioned.  I think I first met Pasty at Italia 90.  Met wallpaper Ricky on a plane heading somewhere but can't remember where.  He was sitting right behind me when he started singing his wallpaper song.  Great characters.  RIP both.

First met Pasty through a couple of friends of mine(who both sadly passed away these last few years) on my first away trip in the early 80s.

Always a character and always cheery.

Sad to hear this news.The Records online article is calling him Patsy which reminds me of our ferry trip back from Amsterdam to Newcastle after that wonderful win in Paris.There was a piano player and Pasty kept going up to sing,the piano player called him Patsy all night.

R.I.P wee man 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Going to Scotland away games seems to have been a major part of his life and from the posts it would appear he has been doing it for 30 years which is some achievement

Clearly Norway was a trip too many and on making it home he went to bed and died

I can honestly say if i had still been going on away tours i would probably not be here either because all the travelling and binge drinking must take years off you 

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Going to Scotland away games seems to have been a major part of his life and from the posts it would appear he has been doing it for 30 years which is some achievement

Clearly Norway was a trip too many and on making it home he went to bed and died

I can honestly say if i had still been going on away tours i would probably not be here either because all the travelling and binge drinking must take years off you 

I’m not sure that’s the nicest slant on things mate. 

25 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

I’m not sure that’s the nicest slant on things mate. 

Wasn't meant to be disrespectful - only highlighting going on tour is a hard shift  

Had a pint with him in Oslo on Thursday after introducing him as a tartan army legend (he loved that stuff) to someone he hadn’t met before. I’m sure a few younger guys put a Pasty legend thing up on YouTube a couple of years ago for him, he was also a “face” of the Hibs club and very well known around leith. Glad he seen his team win one last time 

Edited by dan cake

In 1990 we got picked up by a bus in Edinburgh.  It was the hands of hibs badges I remember.  Great character.  He had a great time following Scotland though.  Apart from suffering depression like the rest of us.  Part of the job.  Pity the wee man couldn't make it to Germany when we have finally got a team that look like we can do something.

Shared a few pints with him on one of the Davy Bus Tours to Northern Cyprus the last time we went out there. I suppose Cyprus as the next trip will be a fitting one to raise a glass to him in that case.

Not a shy man at all to say the least. Told some stories about when he would go to games in the 80s and how some of the games got a bit tasty between rival fans, particularly the England games. Changed days now which is for the best I suppose.