Germany 2024- Anybody Booked? - Page 2 - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Germany 2024- Anybody Booked?

Craig Fae Hamilton

Glad i read the above about the allocation of the group positions.

I had worked out some likely destinations with a similar idea to others.  it's a free for all really isn't it?  could be any of the ten destinations.

not even expecting a ticket to be honest so i suppose just being in germany will be good

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/25/2023 at 1:36 PM, PapofGlencoe said:

Glad i read the above about the allocation of the group positions.

I had worked out some likely destinations with a similar idea to others.  it's a free for all really isn't it?  could be any of the ten destinations.

not even expecting a ticket to be honest so i suppose just being in germany will be good

Yeah after making an a*se of my original thinking process figured it's best to just pick a whole matchday. 

Think your best bet is to be ready for the UEFA ticket process commencing on Oct 3rd. I'll bid for a few matchday two games.

Yeah, I think the way to do this is get yourself to Germany for a Date Range that at least covers all Match Days in 1 Set of Games, i.e The 1st, 2nd or 3rd Games in the Group Stage.

You could do that on a 4/5 day trip if you arrive very early on the 1st Day and Leave very late on the last day.

It is possible to cover 2 entire Match Days in the Group stage with an 8 Day Trip.

Weds 19th June, arriving very early and leaving Thursday 27th June very late allows you to hit ALL 2nd and 3rd Games in every Group. That's what I'm booked up for! I prey to God we make it (-:

• 1 month later...

I’ve taken the plunge. Staying eleven days, so in Germany for the first two games in every group. Booked hotels up round dortmund / Düsseldorf (nicer one for the last few days as I’ll need a bit of comfort by that time). Every team plays in that area during the first two games, some of them twice. About £1500 for return flights and eleven nights accommodation.

Hoping for a draw on Tuesday so I don’t have a month of fretting.

Edited by biffer

Booked digs in Essen for 10 days from 14th onwards. 

Will worry about the rest after the draw. 

Fully refundable but seems a good base. If we are first game then we'll book digs in the host city then travel to Essen next day. After the 24th i'm waiting for the draw to be made. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2023 at 3:54 PM, Jzw85 said:

Can only make the first 5-6 days with my rotation.  Hoping to base in cologne for a few days.  Anyone taking kids ?

I've applied for 7 sets of tickets including the wee one (9) and see what get.  Going drive I think and get ferry at Hull.

All West and South so probably stay Bonn for a week and then Munich for a few days if that ticket comes in.  Sods law means Scotland will be in Berlin though.

Seems loads of theme parks, museums, water parks etc for the kids so should be loads for them busy too.

7 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I've applied for 7 sets of tickets including the wee one (9) and see what get.  Going drive I think and get ferry at Hull.

All West and South so probably stay Bonn for a week and then Munich for a few days if that ticket comes in.  Sods law means Scotland will be in Berlin though.

Seems loads of theme parks, museums, water parks etc for the kids so should be loads for them busy too.

I was actually looking at Bonn last week.  Quite good prices and good transport to stadiums around Dortmund.  Didn’t realise there was water parks and theme parks.  Sounds good I’ll have a look might just book there then for the first 5 days

On 10/7/2023 at 3:54 PM, Jzw85 said:

Can only make the first 5-6 days with my rotation.  Hoping to base in cologne for a few days.  Anyone taking kids ?

We’re going to book Landal Marina Resort Well in Holland. Loads to do for kids. 15 minutes away from Düsseldorf Weeze airport, where Ryanair fly to from Edinburgh usually pretty cheap. Easy drive to most of the grounds or you can get a train from Venlo. Munich and Berlin you can get a flight from Weeze. 

17 hours ago, mwng said:

We’re going to book Landal Marina Resort Well in Holland. Loads to do for kids. 15 minutes away from Düsseldorf Weeze airport, where Ryanair fly to from Edinburgh usually pretty cheap. Easy drive to most of the grounds or you can get a train from Venlo. Munich and Berlin you can get a flight from Weeze. 

Nice 1 cheers for the information 

17 hours ago, dan cake said:

Will all Scotlands fixtures and dates be decided on the 2nd (of December) and over how many days will the 3 group games be played? 

As logan says yes.

On the 2nd December we will know our opponents, stadiums and dates.

I also expect match tickets to be distributed via SSC before christmas as UEFA want our cash ASAP.