Retirement...... - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Thank you very much to all who posted. Did not know the system in Scotland and I am truelly blessed to have the pension I am taking. Hope all of you can enjoy your pension  when it comes, we all deserve to enjoy retirement as we all have worked our arses off.. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿❤️

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone can afford to retire early, honestly go for it! I know a workaholic type who can't relax or has no interests outside work, if you are one of these people then join a club, hobby, and if money isn't too much of an object - get traveling.

Many of us will be working in to our 70s

1 hour ago, weekevie04 said:

Nice one Ramy, not long to go!

What's your retirement plans? Do you think you'll ever move back to the homeland?

Thank you Kev. Fishing, lots of fishing.. I love the outdoors. Going to play football Friday nights with my old pals, now that me knee surgery has fixed my knee. I'm going to work a part time job to keep busy. Carpentry, always wanted to do that. Make a few extra dosh aswell..

Would I ever move back? Well a have a wife and 2 boys, so it's not in the plans. God forbid that changed, you never know, I have dual citizenship. Just want to enjoy life Kev, I have worked hard my whole career, so has Mrs.Ramy, she works harder than me though, I been getting lazy lately..😉. I'm just happy I have my health, 2 healthy boys, and my wife obviously. That's what really matters in life.  All the best pal... 

Who the fuck would want to move back to subserviant Scotland under Colonial rule ?

Once the Unionists get back into Holyrood all the progressive "free stuff" will be withdrawn

Know i wouldnt

5 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Thank you Kev. Fishing, lots of fishing.. I love the outdoors. Going to play football Friday nights with my old pals, now that me knee surgery has fixed my knee. I'm going to work a part time job to keep busy. Carpentry, always wanted to do that. Make a few extra dosh aswell..

I look forward to seeing your first bird table  Ramy ! You could maybe flog your wares on here if it doesn’t break any board rules 😉
Do you have joinery skills or did you just get the idea whilst rolling your Easter eggs, you know, with Jesus being a carpenter and all that 😁

56 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I look forward to seeing your first bird table  Ramy ! You could maybe flog your wares on here if it doesn’t break any board rules 😉
Do you have joinery skills or did you just get the idea whilst rolling your Easter eggs, you know, with Jesus being a carpenter and all that 😁

Mibbee IL make those Saltire tables that someone posted a while ago..🤣🤣

I'm very handy, distribution water operator,  plumber by trade, but I'm good with tools. I've always enjoyed power tools.. Wife sais I'm useless, what does she know...👀🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Who the fuck would want to move back to subserviant Scotland under Colonial rule ?

Once the Unionists get back into Holyrood all the progressive "free stuff" will be withdrawn

Know i wouldnt

Yae never know mate !! I'm a dafty, I'll confront the cunts at the border...👊👊👊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤣🤣🤣

14 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Mibbee IL make those Saltire tables that someone posted a while ago..🤣🤣

I'm very handy, distribution water operator,  plumber by trade, but I'm good with tools. I've always enjoyed power tools.. Wife sais I'm useless, what does she know...👀🤣🤣

😁

I wouldn’t worry, I believe ‘useless’ is the most common adjective used to describe husbands by women the world over. You belong to a very large club.

Though even I wouldn’t be brave enough call my husband useless  if he was holding a power tool 😁

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

😁

I wouldn’t worry, I believe ‘useless’ is the most common adjective used to describe husbands by women the world over. You belong to a very large club.

Though even I wouldn’t be brave enough call my husband useless  if he was holding a power tool 😁

🤣🤣👍👍

So I just received and email that the City of Ottawa are going to do a write up about my career in the Ottawa Water Magazine.. Wow !! That really made my day. Just shows that my 36 year career has not gone unnoticed.. Well done Ramy !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

20221025_091959.jpg

On 4/12/2023 at 7:09 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So I just received and email that the City of Ottawa are going to do a write up about my career in the Ottawa Water Magazine.. Wow !! That really made my day. Just shows that my 36 year career has not gone unnoticed.. Well done Ramy !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

20221025_091959.jpg

😂 Well done Ramy.  ! ‘Water ‘ way to end your career  !  
I see you are working on your media pose. Dont tell @McTeekohe will not be happy he has competition .

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Pre retirement night out with Mrs.Ramy... One week it's official !! 🫡🫡✈️

20230414_211152.jpg

Your missus is a stunner Ramy. Though i'm surprised she married someone as short as you. Are you standing on a box? 

Enjoy your retirement big yin!

There's a lot of questions in that picture , but i'll stow them for another time. Have a good evening!

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Pre retirement night out with Mrs.Ramy... One week it's official !! 🫡🫡✈️

20230414_211152.jpg

Edited by phart