Mcgeady And Mccarthy - Page 19 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mcgeady And Mccarthy

Irishandproud

Hmmmm, ok. That will be the same Scott Brown that in 40 caps for Scotland has in the whole been extremely disiplined. ZERO red cards and 5 yellow in total! Against FAR more illustrious opposition than the might of McGeady and McCarthy.

In their faces, yes, but he is a lot more disciplined than you think, particularly at international level.

Edited to add that I would actually be more concerned with naismith getting a tred card, with his constant bickering at refs......often looks a double yellow waiting to happen......I do not think that he will get sent off though. Greer is a possibility for a red if he starts (will only happen if Martin is preferred at right back) - his pace being very suspect at this level.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, ok. That will be the same Scott Brown that in 40 caps for Scotland has in the whole been extremely disiplined. ZERO red cards and 5 yellow in total! Against FAR more illustrious opposition than the might of McGeady and McCarthy.

In their faces, yes, but he is a lot more disciplined than you think, particularly at international level.

Edited to add that I would actually be more concerned with naismith getting a tred card, with his constant bickering at refs......often looks a double yellow waiting to happen......I do not think that he will get sent off though. Greer is a possibility for a red if he starts (will only happen if Martin is preferred at right back) - his pace being very suspect at this level.

Come on, he hasn't had a double yellow for three days now!

Although to be fair the second was massively harsh.

Come on, he hasn't had a double yellow for three days now!

Although to be fair the second was massively harsh.

I meant that Naismith always looks like he is close to a double yellow.....not Broonie......

Edit to add....not for Scotland anyway....... :cheers3:

Edited by WeLuvIrnBru

I meant that Naismith always looks like he is close to a double yellow.....not Broonie......

Edit to add....not for Scotland anyway....... :cheers3:

Hmm....I really should take care to read posts properly before making smart-ersed remarks :oops:

Both good players who would have made our squad better.

It is concerning that Scottish born players are prepared to turn their backs on the country which educated them and invested in their football coaching.

In McCarthy's case - the idea that at 15 he abandoned Scotland because they hadn't picked him is ridiculous.

I'm nearly 50 and I'm still hoping for the call :D

I'm not sure where their education comes into it (unless paid for by the SFA).

Aye because Naisy has a terrible record for red cards. .....

I think some Irish supporters completely miss the point when they called Gordon McQueen and Scotland hypocrites.

Bob Wilson, Bruce Rioch, Stuart McCall, Andy Goram, Don Hutchison, Graham Alexander, Russell Martin, Chris Martin and Steven Fletcher may have been born in England but all of them had a Scottish parent.

Aiden McGeady and James McCarthy qualified via the ridiculous grandparent rule.

There's a big difference.

O'Neill said his condition has improved. I'm pretty sure that if McCarthy wasn't fit, Everton would have had him hauled back to Liverpool yesterday. He'll start on Friday.

Agreed, he will start. Think this is all mind games i think as a way of dealing with the pressure on The lad. If he was seriously injured then everton wouldn't of even released him to play unless he was overly desperate, which i just can't see, I think himself and McGeady both dreaded getting Scotland. Not saying he isn't a little injured but i do think he will start. A nice cruncher from Broony early doors hopefully ;)

I thought we'd moved on from these two. As I see it they don't deserve the attention. There's much more of interest in the two sides and the journeys they're on than these particular mixed up individuals

On the general point of grandchildren etc., a big factor is the relative size of countries involved. For England to lose the odd player to Scotland is not much of a loss to a nation 10 times the size. Scotland can't afford to lose any international class players to rival nations. If it was to Gibraltar it would be different, right?