SNP leadership election - Page 48 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

Ah, it's all a big conspiracy.  

It'll be the first time in history that the media and the SNP have acted in concert.

It's not a conspiracy and the SNP are not the establishment. We don't know who the SNP want to win yet. We will find that out over the next couple of weeks.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

It's not a conspiracy and the SNP are not the establishment. We don't know who the SNP want to win yet. We will find that out over the next couple of weeks.

Sorry "SNP Hierarchy"

The substantive point still stands - why would they be acting in concert?

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I couldn’t get a ticket to the Aberdeen hustings, no wonder as it looks like it’s the humza show, strange as neabody likes him in the northeast 

Isn’t he from up your way?

On 3/11/2023 at 3:29 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Probably after the "I'm a Muslim Christian" nonsense

Saying that in places like Saudia Arabia would get you hung from a crane ...

They probably see the "I'm progressive" routine as the completely transparent put-on that it is.

I first became aware of Humza, a self-professed Celtic fan, after he turned up at some official thing (it might have been the opening of parliament) clad in Partick Thistle tartan. He had no idea what he was wearing and when it was pointed out to him what it was he came out with something like "oh, how neutral is that? Hahaha!".  🙄

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Isn’t he from up your way?

Stewart Stevenson who turned up to the snp BBQ with a big Union Jack on his t-shirt. He really was a waste of space. Salmond pretty much gifted him that seat and when salmond was framed and then cleared his “pal” Stevenson never got in touch. 

12 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

General consensus, would you agree if those numbers were correct, the whole sturgeon begging clip seems extremely suspect 

So you just made it up then.

19 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

General consensus, would you agree if those numbers were correct, the whole sturgeon begging clip seems extremely suspect 

😂 if Kate gets the leadership please dont apply for the vacant finance job. 
Though I do think you are right and the numbers are down. Not sure to that extent right enough,  and they will have lost membership for more than disagreeing with policies. Subscription to political parties would be one of the first things to go when folk are having to cut back. 

21 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Though I do think you are right and the numbers are down. Not sure to that extent right enough,  and they will have lost membership for more than disagreeing with policies. Subscription to political parties would be one of the first things to go when folk are having to cut back. 

Or seeing their politicians not doing what they were primarily elected to get the feck on with

Edited by Redz

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

It would appear that HL’s source is the Daily Express or maybe he is a Daily Express journalist.

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/politics/snp-crisis-50000-members-desert-29436463

This is quoting a figure of 74,000 which is a leak from the company doing the online voting.  Who knows if that’s true or not but even if it is, it’s not the number of members.  It’s the number of members for who the SNP have an email address, that will be a high proportion but it will not be anywhere close to 100%.  It also claims the SNP “boasted about having 125,000” in 2019.  - so that’s where the number of 50k comes from.

The latest official numbers come from the annual report published last June and which recorded 104,000 members.  

That is of course after any former members left to join Alba.

Sounds like a pile of shite to me.

Edited by aaid

21 minutes ago, aaid said:

It would appear that HL’s source is the Daily Express or maybe he is a Daily Express journalist.

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/politics/snp-crisis-50000-members-desert-29436463

This is quoting a figure of 74,000 which is a leak from the company doing the online voting.  Who knows if that’s true or not but even if it is, it’s not the number of members.  It’s the number of members for who the SNP have an email address, that will be a high proportion but it will not be anywhere close to 100%.  It also claims the SNP “boasted about having 125,000” in 2019.  - so that’s where the number of 50k comes from.

The latest official numbers come from the annual report published last June and which recorded 104,000 members.  

That is of course after any former members left to join Alba.

Sounds like a pile of shite to me.

So if true would you not say it’s bizarre that sturgeon had that little melt down over trans activists while in contrast the general membership ran to the door and was covered up? I personally know 23 ex members who have left since 2016

Embarrassing that my local msp and her posse heckling a lady who asked the question about the GRR,, lots of local members in and around really not happy at her, hopefully she gets de-selected at the next election, totally out of her depth and offers the public in the constituency nithing 

22 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

We will need to take a step back to go forward

Both Forbes and Yousaf have swayed back and forth on their independence plan over the course of the hustings. 

Did she not start by saying that in the event of such and such an election victory (?) she would demand a referendum within 3 months? 

Now we have Yousaf saying he would consider a de facto election plan after saying for the last 2 weeks that we shouldn’t talk about process and it was all about just building a sustained majority. 

8 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Both Forbes and Yousaf have swayed back and forth on their independence plan over the course of the hustings. 

Did she not start by saying that in the event of such and such an election victory (?) she would demand a referendum within 3 months? 

Now we have Yousaf saying he would consider a de facto election plan after saying for the last 2 weeks that we shouldn’t talk about process and it was all about just building a sustained majority. 

I don’t think any of the candidates have a coherent strategy or plan on independence. 

53 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

The lay of the land in 3 months time could be extremely different to that of just now. Murrel is under police investigation with others many other hierarchy snp figures implicated. I would be happy for the party and independence to be polling at the 45% this time next year 

I like ash’s hung ho attitude however in reality what she’s saying she will do just will not happen. Everything has to be right and political manoeuvring spot on. She would be good to have at the fore of government however she doesn’t fill me with any confidence.

what I will say of the three candidates, they have all improved their game from the start of the campaign, and as poor a job humza has done in his three last posts he will serve a purpose on the front bench, even to keep parliamentarians happy 

kate for me, I have seen her potential from the first day she was elected and if you look back through the treads on this board you will see that. I have always thought she is FM potential the only thing that can hinder her is that it’s came too soon 

17 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I like ash’s hung ho attitude however in reality what she’s saying she will do just will not happen. Everything has to be right and political manoeuvring spot on. She would be good to have at the fore of government however she doesn’t fill me with any confidence.

what I will say of the three candidates, they have all improved their game from the start of the campaign, and as poor a job humza has done in his three last posts he will serve a purpose on the front bench, even to keep parliamentarians happy 

kate for me, I have seen her potential from the first day she was elected and if you look back through the treads on this board you will see that. I have always thought she is FM potential the only thing that can hinder her is that it’s came too soon 

Have you voted yet? "Vote early, vote often" that's my motto. 😉