France WC 2023 - Page 7 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

France WC 2023

Big Ramy 1314

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Refereeing has been suspect all tournament.  We should have had a 50 22 - not clearly out my arse.  There's no way they're staying two metres in the line out and/or chucking it straight.

Fuck it off - group stages been absolutely pointless apart from Australia being crap

Just now, ThistleWhistle said:

Refereeing has been suspect all tournament.  We should have had a 50 22 - not clearly out my arse.  There's no way they're staying two metres in the line out and/or chucking it straight.

Fuck it off - group stages been absolutely pointless apart from Australia being crap

Excuses.

Ireland much the better team. Scotland squandered chances to get points in the board.

Just now, weekevie04 said:

Excuses.

Ireland much the better team. Scotland squandered chances to get points in the board.

Oh they're the better side and we had to get something when had 3 goes at it but this has been a complete waste of 5 weeks.

2 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Excuses.

Agreed. The complaint is legitimate and refs always seem to favour the bigger team in rugby but it’s not why we’re losing. 

Scotland are just soft as fuck.  

The longer and longer that our first visit to the 22 went on without progress or a serious threat of scoring, I just felt it was a big moment that was setting the tone. Ireland stood firm. 

Rugby refs used to be able to swing a game each way. It’s not so much now but a couple of swing decisions like the Irish guy stepping in touch in his 22 not given just drain the spirit. Or a high tackle not yellow. 🙁

this republic and kingdom province team are still my favourites for world champions if they get passed Scotland 

impressive Irish turnout in the stadium. 

2 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

Rugby refs used to be able to swing a game each way. It’s not so much now but a couple of swing decisions like the Irish guy stepping in touch in his 22 not given just drain the spirit. Or a high tackle not yellow. 🙁

this republic and kingdom province team are still my favourites for world champions if they get passed Scotland 

Given our line out performance, I’m not sure it’d have made much a difference. 

1 minute ago, Shaundy said:

That's where I'm coming from - that was us doing that high tackle there'd be a yellow plus the penalties in their 22.

What's the crack with head knocks too because their bloke with the pony tail got twatted and didn't have to go off.

4 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

At least Ireland play decent rugby. If anyone is going to win it, I wouldn't mind it being them. 

2 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

That's where I'm coming from - that was us doing that high tackle there'd be a yellow plus the penalties in their 22.

What's the crack with head knocks too because their bloke with the pony tail got twatted and didn't have to go off.

Rory Best  saying the Irish first try probably shouldn't have counted but they've been the better team. We've played well in parts and no doubting our commitment but their decision making has been better, as has been their movement in attack.

Frustrations coming in. 
cold blooded assassins the Irish. Like they get it. 
I do like how their bosses son just became the highest point scorer for England in history a couple of hours ago. Some going.

16 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Rory Best  saying the Irish first try probably shouldn't have counted but they've been the better team. We've played well in parts and no doubting our commitment but their decision making has been better, as has been their movement in attack.

Second one looked like a forward pass in there too.  We were fucked as soon as the draw was made to be honest.  

5 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

We were fucked as soon as the draw was made to be honest.  

It was brutal. And if course it won't happen again but that's no consolation. I hope we can at least get some points on the board, I think this group of players deserve it.