France WC 2023 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

France WC 2023

Big Ramy 1314

I know it's early doors, but just had a look at our group. Not going to be easy to get out of it. We have South Africa and Ireland, going to have to be at our complete best. Think our biggest problem is discipline, we have the talent, but we always let ourselves down with unnecessary fouls that cost us. I see England managed an easy group with Japan and Argentina.... Looking forward to this WC. If Scotland can stay relatively healthy and get out this group, we have a shot. ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/11/2023 at 1:55 PM, Orraloon said:

But if we did sneak though, we would get an easy QF against France or the All Blacks.ย ๐Ÿ˜‚

I honestly don't think the All Black's are as feared as they used to be.. I'd fancy our chances . Fuck the kiwi cunts !! ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ

• 2 months later...
On 2/16/2023 at 3:24 PM, Johnnyshaker said:

Do the SRU get any tickets nearer the time? I was thinking of the Romania game in Lille but I'm assuming all the official tickets are sold out.

Na, tickets went and have been on sale for ages. I managed to get all the group games, but that was sheer luck as the website was terrible.ย 

ย 

Just about short out my logistics, for the first game I am going to Cyprus first for the footie, so itsย 

Gatwick to Cyprus (EasyJet)

Cyprus v Scotland

Cyprus to Paris (Easyjet)

Paris to Marseille (via TGV)

Scotland v South Africa

Marseilles to Madrid (No direct flights that werenโ€™t close to a grand as England play the day before us) (Iberia)

Madrid to Gatwick (Iberia)

J

ย 

Edited by Bristolhibby

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Entertaining game if rugby today. Far better than the scrappy affair against Italy last week. Great resilience and team spirit to come back in the second half but things to work on as well.

I thought we were poor in the 1st half, in the 2nd scotland were superb......played with 14 men for a chunk of the match too. Roll on the next match

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I thought we were poor in the 1st half, in the 2nd scotland were superb......played with 14 men for a chunk of the match too. Roll on the next match

Great result, it'll be a very different French team next week.ย 

10 hours ago, bonzo said:

I'm talking shit, right back in it.

This current scotland team leaves us all talking shit ๐Ÿ˜†ย 

It's a roller coaster watching them nowadays. Reminds me of watching Andy Murray.......... some moments your thinking wow, how the hell did he/they do that and the next your shouting FFS at the TV ๐Ÿ˜†ย 

Far too many penalties conceded in the 1st half, ref gave plenty of warnings prior to the sin bin. Need to work on their discipline a bit more as teams like SA and Ireland will make you pay. Fair play to them for digging in and getting it back level. Then they lose their 1st line out of the match and concede the penalty that won it for France. Still had a line out at the end and could have sneaked a win but it wasn't to be, fine margins. It was a thoroughly entertaining match, especially for a WC warm-up. Du Pont is on another level.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02Tc84b44zjgVFuBfoyPfxtoYq4Ex9sLTRNSeETPBiToHWEWK9eQnc8iMFrMHWAD7Ll&id=100064329476156&post_id=100064329476156_pfbid02Tc84b44zjgVFuBfoyPfxtoYq4Ex9sLTRNSeETPBiToHWEWK9eQnc8iMFrMHWAD7Ll&mibextid=CDWPTG

๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š

Why do they pick the groups years out?ย  They've ended up with the top 5 teams in the world in the same side of the draw: Ireland, NZ, France, South Africa and us!

Three of those aren't making the semi final so just seems mental to draw it so early.

Heard Sam Warburton say Wales had arguably got their toughest group in World Cup history and the rest of the panel looked at him like he was havering shite.ย 

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Why do they pick the groups years out?ย  They've ended up with the top 5 teams in the world in the same side of the draw: Ireland, NZ, France, South Africa and us!

Three of those aren't making the semi final so just seems mental to draw it so early.

Heard Sam Warburton say Wales had arguably got their toughest group in World Cup history and the rest of the panel looked at him like he was havering shite.ย 

Not telling me that England has got an easy draw (again!)

17 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

ย 

15 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Not telling me that England has got an easy draw (again!)

Thankfully Changes are coming for the next world cup because its a total farce right now. Scotland have had it worse than any other top ranked side. England are one spot below us yet have an easier group, Wales are below Fiji now and also have an easier group.ย 

They are looking to make the draw as late as possible now

I am likely to be on my own here but I have a feeling Scotland will pull off a shock by beating one of IReland or SA..................................and probably follow that up with a loss to Tonga or Romania๐Ÿ˜‚