France WC 2023 - Page 11 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

France WC 2023

Big Ramy 1314

20 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Sometimes it's worth persevering. 🤣

It wasn't looking good with 20 minutes to go though. Which was around about the same time that the commentators were starting to get really cocky. 🤣 Almost switched it off myself.

They don't half love to wax lyrical and ramp up their grandiose clichés about heroes etc. At halftime Jonny Wilkinson talking about 'chess rugby' 🙄 Fed up hearing the catchyphrase "leaving it all on the pitch" across various commentaries. Once you notice these things it's a twitchy watch! 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Only their most delusional fans will believe they are the third best team in the world - heck they aren't even third best in the Six Nations.

They finished exactly where every english rugby fan I know expected them to finish based on the draw. I haven't met any who think they are there for any other reason than the draw they got. 

I'd also add that they ran the Boks bloody close and if they had finished as winners in that game they would have deserved the win. That scrum at the end could have and arguably should have gone in their favour

7 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Only their most delusional fans will believe they are the third best team in the world - heck they aren't even third best in the Six Nations.

They finished 3rd best in the world yet never beat a team ranked higher than 8th (I think!). Shows what a farce the groups were.

On 10/28/2023 at 10:06 PM, Orraloon said:

Fantastic game.

It was certainly gripping stuff. Rugby is a great sport when you've got two closely matched teams like that. I still the referees have too much of an influence over the outcome though.

Roll on 2027, at least with the move to 24 teams we won't get drawn in another outrageous group.

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

It was certainly gripping stuff. Rugby is a great sport when you've got two closely matched teams like that. I still the referees have too much of an influence over the outcome though.

Roll on 2027, at least with the move to 24 teams we won't get drawn in another outrageous group.

They will delay the draw until March 2026 by which time we will have picked up two 6 Nations wooden spoons, and sunk to 13th in the rankings. 🤣