Indyref 2 (2) - Page 91 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Stop being halfwit. 

Bringing Salmond back would alienate a fuck load of women. 

Strange how Salmond has pretty much been politically neutralised despite the ridiculous charges brought against him being thrown out of court by the female-majority jury, yet dozens of other public figures who have actually done a lot more and a lot worse things continue without anyone demonising them.  OK, so he, if I understand it correctly, had a relationship with a woman who wasn't his wife, but all the other stuff was just made-up nonsense.  Is that really a hanging offence?  Seems pretty clear that he was targeted deliberately for political neutralisation (and I suppose they couldn't risk "Willie McCrae - the sequel").  When you find out the names of a couple of the alphabetties, it's even more shocking.  Nevertheless I would say he won't be able to make a mainstream comeback.  Last time I was at a branch meeting, I was astonished at how almost everyone in the room had collective amnesia about how he almost got us a Yes majority and now they don't have a good word to say about him.  His role now is probably just as an elder statesman type figure.  I don't see Alba managing to overhaul the SNP any time soon with 0.4% of the vote.  A radical change of leader at the SNP would probably lead to a return of many disaffected members IMHO.

it will be interesting to see who becomes SNP leader when Sturgeon goes - and I think that's going to be fairly soon as she has completely lost the plot trying to maintain her belief that TWAW when the whole self-ID thing has disintegrated around her.  I think it could be Ash Regan rather than any of the tired old dinosaurs like Robertson, Swinney or indeed any of the current cabinet.  Not sure if Joanna Cherry would want to stand for leader at the moment.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Strange how Salmond has pretty much been politically neutralised despite the ridiculous charges brought against him being thrown out of court by the female-majority jury, yet dozens of other public figures who have actually done a lot more and a lot worse things continue without anyone demonising them.  OK, so he, if I understand it correctly, had a relationship with a woman who wasn't his wife, but all the other stuff was just made-up nonsense.  Is that really a hanging offence?  Seems pretty clear that he was targeted deliberately for political neutralisation (and I suppose they couldn't risk "Willie McCrae - the sequel").  When you find out the names of a couple of the alphabetties, it's even more shocking. 

Why is it shocking?   I don’t think it was ever suggested that Salmond was roaming the streets targeting random women but rather that the complainants were all people who were close to him, either as career civil servants or as people working for the SNP.   It therefore shouldn’t be a surprise that people -who were in that position in 2007, 2008 or even 2014 - hadn’t progressed in their careers and were in positions of power and/or influence either within the civil service or within the SNP.   

As for you comment about it all being “made up nonsense” that’s clearly not true - and in fact he apologised the day after for one of the incidents, the so-called sleepy cuddle.  

Even if all you said is true - it’s not true - do you really think that Salmond is in anyway shape or form beneficial to independence.  I see he is on the front cover of the DailyTelegraph today having a go at Sturgeon.  The Daily Telegraph.  

42 minutes ago, aaid said:

Why is it shocking?   I don’t think it was ever suggested that Salmond was roaming the streets targeting random women but rather that the complainants were all people who were close to him, either as career civil servants or as people working for the SNP.   It therefore shouldn’t be a surprise that people -who were in that position in 2007, 2008 or even 2014 - hadn’t progressed in their careers and were in positions of power and/or influence either within the civil service or within the SNP.   

As for you comment about it all being “made up nonsense” that’s clearly not true - and in fact he apologised the day after for one of the incidents, the so-called sleepy cuddle.  

Even if all you said is true - it’s not true - do you really think that Salmond is in anyway shape or form beneficial to independence.  I see he is on the front cover of the DailyTelegraph today having a go at Sturgeon.  The Daily Telegraph.  

You seem to have amnesia regarding your own  character assassination campaign against salmond 

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

it will be interesting to see who becomes SNP leader when Sturgeon goes - and I think that's going to be fairly soon as she has completely lost the plot trying to maintain her belief that TWAW when the whole self-ID thing has disintegrated around her.  I think it could be Ash Regan rather than any of the tired old dinosaurs like Robertson, Swinney or indeed any of the current cabinet.  Not sure if Joanna Cherry would want to stand for leader at the moment.

Do you think she could be a unifying leader of the SNP?

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

Strange how Salmond has pretty much been politically neutralised despite the ridiculous charges brought against him being thrown out of court by the female-majority jury, yet dozens of other public figures who have actually done a lot more and a lot worse things continue without anyone demonising them.  OK, so he, if I understand it correctly, had a relationship with a woman who wasn't his wife, but all the other stuff was just made-up nonsense.  Is that really a hanging offence?  Seems pretty clear that he was targeted deliberately for political neutralisation (and I suppose they couldn't risk "Willie McCrae - the sequel").  When you find out the names of a couple of the alphabetties, it's even more shocking.  Nevertheless I would say he won't be able to make a mainstream comeback.  Last time I was at a branch meeting, I was astonished at how almost everyone in the room had collective amnesia about how he almost got us a Yes majority and now they don't have a good word to say about him.  His role now is probably just as an elder statesman type figure.  I don't see Alba managing to overhaul the SNP any time soon with 0.4% of the vote.  A radical change of leader at the SNP would probably lead to a return of many disaffected members IMHO.

I don't what is and what wasn't true during the whole salmond trial, that wasn't my point. My point was he couldn't return as the leader of the SNP now because his card is marked, whether I agree with that or not is irrelevant. 

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Was that the one where the woman accepted his apology, continued working closely with him for years and then decided it was an issue after all when the call came out that he had to be neutralised?

The SNP have a lot of work to avert voter apathy like before

They are going to have to explain why voting for them this time is going to have a different outcome than previously -Stop Brexit, Indyref 2 etc

The problem is that i dont think they realise this

22 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Was that the one where the woman accepted his apology, continued working closely with him for years and then decided it was an issue after all when the call came out that he had to be neutralised?

So you’re suggesting if you don’t press charges at the time then you’ve either no right to pursue it at a future point, you’re not allowed to change your mind, or you’re acting under bad faith.  If you continue to work in the same position afterwards, then you obviously wanted it to happen or you weren’t really that bothered?

35 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The SNP have a lot of work to avert voter apathy like before

They are going to have to explain why voting for them this time is going to have a different outcome than previously -Stop Brexit, Indyref 2 etc

The problem is that i dont think they realise this

"This time" could be two years away? A lot of stuff can happen in two years. According to a lot of folk on here, NS won't be leader by that time, for example.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

So you’re suggesting if you don’t press charges at the time then you’ve either no right to pursue it at a future point, you’re not allowed to change your mind, or you’re acting under bad faith.  If you continue to work in the same position afterwards, then you obviously wanted it to happen or you weren’t really that bothered?

So it WAS the one that accepted his apology, continued working closely with him for years and then decided it was an issue after all when the call came out that he had to be neutralised.

Thanks for clearing that up. 👍

41 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Cough

If the SNP wants to hold the movement together it needs to quietly (as possible) drop the de facto referendum stuff.

44 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Here goes the smears again, so do you agree with the policy? Try all you want, it’s fucked and the general public are well and truly awake to it. What a fucking hill for the the independence movement to die on 

The Policy has been blocked by Westminster and not in operation

The public are awake to what has been going on since AS was the First Minister

Want to try again ?

An 11 year old has been abducted and held hostage for two days in Scotland. 

By a transgender. 

She's safe and well. Thank goodness. 

A cross dressing Butcher by the name of Amy George has been arrested. 

It's not been a good week for Nicola. Nicola says it never happens.

She says a he is she.

Maybe Nicola should listen to Alex Salmond and stop having a constitutional battle on such a hated issue like gender ideology. She says it never happens. Will Nicola spend all of 2023 in the courts fighting for gender ideology and dividing independence? Most definitely it's been her plan all along. 

Sturgeon the traitor. Defender of the rapists. 

Edited by Tartan_Tonna

Unionists (inc alba yoons) have been building GRA like a weapon of mass destruction in the hope that it would take out NS. GRR isn’t even in effect, all that NS is blamed for has been done under the equality act. Same issues in England.