Indyref 2 (2) - Page 242 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

Being a man of a certain age, I am looking forward a year or two fully paid to be off work to deal with menopause symptoms.  This is because, according to a Scottish Government report, it’s not just women that can suffer from the menopause but other genders can too.  What a fucking world we live in.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/19/2024 at 6:45 PM, Hertsscot said:

Rainbow Greens petitioning their leaders to end Bute House agreement. The fact that they want to do this on the basis of pausing puberty blockers rather than on the abandonment of some key net zero targets (which you'd think was a priority for environmentalists) says a lot about the priorities of some in the Green party.

If the SNP get rid of the Green oddballs due to this then again it's some good news.

Many of us thought that Harvie was a 'wrong un' from the outset. His opinion about Cass raises questions about child safety in Scotland. How did someone with these views insinuate himself into the government of Scotland?

27 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Many of us thought that Harvie was a 'wrong un' from the outset. His opinion about Cass raises questions about child safety in Scotland. How did someone with these views insinuate himself into the government of Scotland?

The sooner the SNP drop the Greens the better.  Preferably before the Greens resign from government (which they probably won't because they like the money).  If the SNP don't drop the Greens, they will look indecisive and may even be tainted by the inference that they don't disagree with Harvie's views on Cass.

I expect Yousaf will plead with the Greens to stay.  He has a talent for doing the wrong thing at every opportunity.

The SNP have been badly damaged by the Greens.  I was going to say irreversibly damaged, but politics is fickle, and a few years from now things might be different.

sadly they let the allure of an easy passsage for bills get ahead of principles and common sense.

the Greens really are crackpots on the edge of mainstream life and the majority of Scots now associate that with the SNP

The green coalition was a good idea of forcing home the view Scotland had voted by seats (and votes) for independence referendum supporting parties despite all attempts to dissuade us.  It forced those down south to understand it isnt just an SNP issue but a Scotland issue.

As the SNP have drawn back from any attempt at a defacto vote, the need for the coalitoin has been less obvious.

I do have to say though the DRS scheme was not a bad scheme, I supported it.  It was a green initiative and it was shackled by westminster.  

edited to add:

If I was the greens, I would be removing myself from the coalition.  They need to appear strong on the enivronment and get their message out on that (rather than other things).  The backsliding on Climate targets would allow them to do that easily.  They would look weak on their raison d'etre if they stay in, in my view.  

Edited by PapofGlencoe

2 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

The green coalition was a good idea of forcing home the view Scotland had voted by seats (and votes) for independence referendum supporting parties despite all attempts to dissuade us.  It forced those down south to understand it isnt just an SNP issue but a Scotland issue.

As the SNP have drawn back from any attempt at a defacto vote, the need for the coalitoin has been less obvious.

I do have to say though the DRS scheme was not a bad scheme, I supported it.  It was a green initiative and it was shackled by westminster.  

edited to add:

If I was the greens, I would be removing myself from the coalition.  They need to appear strong on the enivronment and get their message out on that (rather than other things).  The backsliding on Climate targets would allow them to do that easily.  They would look weak on their raison d'etre if they stay in, in my view.  

the problem is that their raisin d’etre now appears to be puberty blockers and not the planet.

On 4/21/2024 at 4:32 PM, Ally Bongo said:

I see how that worked when it came to Yousaf or Forbes .... not to mention being warned what was likely to happen

They binned support for Forbes because of her objection to the GRR

And that will be their priority when the next leadership election happens because they have surrounded themselves with a wokerati team base

During Corbyn's time in charge of Labour he encountered - and failed to deal with decisively - resistance not only from so-called moderate MPs, but also party apparatchiks who favoured them.

The membership and other affiliates were largely behind Corbyn and I think if he'd made a priority of it he could have turned the tables on the right-wing of the party, but for whatever reason he didn't.

There's a lesson from history there that anyone from outside the SNP in-crowd should pay attention to if they're going to go for the leadership.

12 hours ago, Malcolm said:

The SNP have been badly damaged by the Greens.  I was going to say irreversibly damaged, but politics is fickle, and a few years from now things might be different.

sadly they let the allure of an easy passsage for bills get ahead of principles and common sense.

the Greens really are crackpots on the edge of mainstream life and the majority of Scots now associate that with the SNP

Patrick Harvie a decade ago seemed like quite a reasonable guy. A wee bit radical compared to other more mainstream politicians, yes, but he always made his points soundly and logically. What a shame that he's chosen to spend his time in government this way.

It's ironic too that he is supposedly part of a movement that urges people to listen to scientists and experts when it comes to climate change, but encourages the opposite when it comes to gender ideology!

The coalition with the Greens was always unnecessary. The SNP could have run government just as easily as a minority administration - a large minority administration - and saved themselves a lot of face in the process.

The Greens have probably picked the worst time possible (for themselves) to do this. By far the main reason the SNP entered into this agreement, is to the get the budget passed relatively easily each year, instead of the normal excruciating negotiations they used to have to go through in the past. The budget has been passed for this year so the SNP have nothing to lose until budget time next year. I'm guessing that if the members vote to end the BHA, Harvie and Slater will resign and they may even leave the party. Wouldn't be surprised if they joined the SNP. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they joined the SNP. 

Last night somebody on twatter said that they had heard this was a possibility and i said it was 100% pish

Nothing would surprise you anymore with the NuSNP however this would be the death knell

11 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Did she forget or did she just hope that nobody would notice. 🤣 As you say....Politicians?

They love taking credit for anything even if it's total nonsense. A few politicians on here.

I love how she still patted herself on the back for being right though :lol:

Edited by phart

1 hour ago, phart said:

They love taking credit for anything even if it's total nonsense. A few politicians on here.

I love how she still patted herself on the back for being right though :lol:

Some of them on here as well. 🤣

On 4/22/2024 at 10:34 AM, Alibi said:

The sooner the SNP drop the Greens the better.  Preferably before the Greens resign from government (which they probably won't because they like the money).  If the SNP don't drop the Greens, they will look indecisive and may even be tainted by the inference that they don't disagree with Harvie's views on Cass.

I expect Yousaf will plead with the Greens to stay.  He has a talent for doing the wrong thing at every opportunity.

Hey Presto

16 hours ago, scotlad said:

It's ironic too that he is supposedly part of a movement that urges people to listen to scientists and experts when it comes to climate change, but encourages the opposite when it comes to gender ideology!

I don't think it's as clear cut as that.

My understanding is that the Cass review excludes various scientific studies in support of 'gender affirming care' that other countries have included in their reviews, which led them to a different conclusion.

Therefore it's not that the Greens are denying science, just the selective use of it.

Good grief, he is utterly hopeless.  Next thing he'll be condemning the Cass report so as not to upset his wokeists.  The wheels have come off genderwoowoo and all sensible folk are running a mile from it, but Humza's carrying on regardless.

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

Good grief, he is utterly hopeless.  Next thing he'll be condemning the Cass report so as not to upset his wokeists.  The wheels have come off genderwoowoo and all sensible folk are running a mile from it, but Humza's carrying on regardless.

Humza is either truly the thickest kunt ever to "serve", or he's a plant. Cash on thickest at this stage...but let's see.

2 hours ago, Dave78 said:

I don't think it's as clear cut as that.

My understanding is that the Cass review excludes various scientific studies in support of 'gender affirming care' that other countries have included in their reviews, which led them to a different conclusion.

Therefore it's not that the Greens are denying science, just the selective use of it.

Yeah there seems to be a lot of claims, I went to the published report to look at sources as folk complaining about it, but it seemed very vague in the actual report. Then I just gave up I have a massive amount of reading to do for my own studies. No need to get myself involved in this too.

34 minutes ago, mariokempes said:

Humza is either truly the thickest kunt ever to "serve", or he's a plant. Cash on thickest at this stage...but let's see.

A plank, yes; a plant, no. That is my gut feeling.

There were a lot of people in the upper echelons of the party awfy keen to see him installed as leader last year though. 🤔

10 minutes ago, scotlad said:

A plank, yes; a plant, no. That is my gut feeling.

There were a lot of people in the upper echelons of the party awfy keen to see him installed as leader last year though. 🤔

Indeed,  too many.