Indyref 2 (2) - Page 238 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I personally think it was more arrogance , and that power you talk about,  thats the reason she didn’t seek an alliance. It might be more than that, but I think it’s far more likely she did not want to lose any control whatsoever. Its the downfall of many. 

Yes, I liked Sturgeon.  I'd love to get inside her head on the decision to go to the SC and subsequent action.  It seems Greens didn't even know she was doing it... says a lot for them apparently running everything...

At the time I thought they had played a blinder as a defacto vote was the only way forward to anyone paying attention.  The blind alley was the only route left, therefore knocking down the obstacles to a collision was the big heave needed to take it forward.  But that needed more than just Nicola pushing it.  She needed the entire Yes scotland gang onside to take that platform to the people.  Instead we got Alba decrying it, Wings character assassinating, the greens unaware and SNP Members like Stewart McDonald and his acolytes publishing killer blows.

Maybe she thought she could push it by herself but that was never going to happen.  Marching us up the hill was fine but to then miss pulling the trigger when there...takes a three hundred year old movement backwards.  It was selfish.  I'm open to her own interpretation on this but really struggling with it.

If she wasn't willing to go through with it, don't take your people there.  She could have said, "I want us to concentrate on making independence the settled will.  Once that has happened, the SNP will commence a defacto vote".  Or she could have said, "EVERY SNP election from now on at Westminster is a decato vote on Union.  If the people give us more than 50%, we expect this to be respected".  She did neither and walked away.

Independence will come again as an issue.  It's too ingrained now not to.  10 years hence will be an interesting time.  

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete Wishart trying to "defend" the "both votes SNP" tactic emphasises how the SNP are good wee Parliamentarians always abiding by the rules

It's a lie because they could have easily got around it

But there’s no way we could ask people to vote for another party. It would be electoral suicide and political arrogance at its most gratuitous.

On 4/13/2024 at 4:04 PM, hampden_loon2878 said:

Via the process of not going after I universally unpopular policies, ie!! GRR, HMPA’s, bottle return scheme, hate crime, log burner bans, oil and gas stance,minimum alcohol pricing, higher taxes,, it boggles my brain as to why an “nationalist party” goes after policies like those.. it’s like, what police’s can I go after to put folk aff independence 

Oh and forgot about the stitch up of their best politician and best FM we aver had 

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Oh and forgot about the stitch up of their best politician and best FM we aver had 

Not a good look from the best FM we have ever had

https://www.believeinscotland.org/bis_responds_to_alba_s_statement_on_believe_in_scotland_s_march_and_rally

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

BiS are the pro-indy organisation/party i fund, as they're the only ones that act like adults and try to rise above all the infighting.

Lost me with “act like adults “ 

didn’t have the bollox to tell the ‘Greens’* to fek off dictating. 

I’m old enough to remember when the UK Green (sic) party was called The Ecology Party. Then , as is with all just causes are , it was hi jacked by folk with fek all interest in the original causes. If they wanted to join the charade of Democracy then they had to pick a colour. With Blue , Red and Yellow taken they accepted the Green rosettes. 
the rest is theirstory .

I blame the private schools 

27 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

Lost me with “act like adults “ 

didn’t have the bollox to tell the ‘Greens’* to fek off dictating. 

I’m old enough to remember when the UK Green (sic) party was called The Ecology Party. Then , as is with all just causes are , it was hi jacked by folk with fek all interest in the original causes. If they wanted to join the charade of Democracy then they had to pick a colour. With Blue , Red and Yellow taken they accepted the Green rosettes. 
the rest is theirstory .

I blame the private schools 

Did you actually read what BIS said ?

They wanted ALBA to have a speaker so they asked them first 

If ALBA had committed they would not have asked the Greens knowing they would not stand beside ALBA (presumably on their women with cocks stance)

18 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

In the grand scheme of things, it’s a bit irrelevant to alba at the moment, alba need to concentrate on specific seats/areas to get a foothold before the start anything else 

20 hours ago, Dave78 said:

BiS are the pro-indy organisation/party i fund, as they're the only ones that act like adults and try to rise above all the infighting.

👍 

I have a lot of time for GMK.

6 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

In the grand scheme of things, it’s a bit irrelevant to alba at the moment, alba need to concentrate on specific seats/areas to get a foothold before the start anything else 

FFS. That sounds like something you would criticise Aaid for saying in desperate support of the SNP. A co-ordinated event by someone who is actually trying to round up all the greetin weans, and Alba dont have the time. And they say the SNP arent working together. 

I have absolutely no time whatsoever for Tasmina. Never have. The only thing Tasmina is interested in promoting is Tasmina. No idea why AS rates her. 

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

👍

I first came across him about 25 years ago when he set up a networking event (called First Tuesday) for IT companies and startups in Scotland. He's been around the block and knows his stuff. 

Business for Scotland is vital to the Yes movement and doesn't get enough attention/support IMO.

@Malcolm, BFS should be right up your street - https://www.businessforscotland.com/

For me it says a lot about the fragmentation in the independence supporting parties. The people of Scotland should all be up for such events - park egos and self agendas ands show a united front for Scottish independence. Why the disagreements amongst people supposedly pulling in the same direction? We already are up against it with lack of national media support and in denial Westminster without in-fighting.

50 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

For me it says a lot about the fragmentation in the independence supporting parties. The people of Scotland should all be up for such events - park egos and self agendas ands show a united front for Scottish independence. Why the disagreements amongst people supposedly pulling in the same direction? We already are up against it with lack of national media support and in denial Westminster without in-fighting.

The Yes movement has been very successfully shattered by a number of factors. The snp since sturgeon took over has destroyed the credibility from within, partly her insane addiction to power and the gender cultists, and partly the promotion to positions of power of the Yes boys and girls,  loyalty ahead of competence. Fukking Yusaf ffs. Add to that the UK state infiltration in a number of others parties as well as the snp. I dont trust BFS either, in terms of working for Indy, more a money raising venture. I suspect Alba has also been got. Any aye Tasminas an arse.

Fukking sick of the lot. 

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Absolutely. The daft thing is that these rallies are often attended by members of all these parties who do actually realise the need to work together but their leaders can't get their act together.

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

👍

FFS. That sounds like something you would criticise Aaid for saying in desperate support of the SNP. A co-ordinated event by someone who is actually trying to round up all the greetin weans, and Alba dont have the time. And they say the SNP arent working together. 

I have absolutely no time whatsoever for Tasmina. Never have. The only thing Tasmina is interested in promoting is Tasmina. No idea why AS rates her. 

Alba at the moment are an irrelevance, the have no influence in nothing really, that’s why they need to focus on small steps, the Indy vehicle is away to be obliterated, I have no doubt they have a plan

Like mostly everyone I'm fed up saying Humza is a liability and needs to go 

However it's got to the state of a cringe every week

The SNP will be lucky to win one seat at the GE if they go into it with him at the helm

He must sit in front of his phone thinking - what can i tweet in order to lose some more SNP voters

14 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The SNP will be lucky to win one seat at the GE if they go into it with him at the helm

He must sit in front of his phone thinking - what can i tweet in order to lose some more SNP voters

I think some on here think I am being dramatic with my projection of a wipe out at the GE,, I am not and want what’s best for the party and independence, that would be KF I am certain of that, I think the snp will do well to get 10 seat as it stands 

3 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Juryless trials the next shits storm,, if Carlsberg did “how to destroy a party,, “ sturgeons face would be on the can 

Another crackpot idea that undermines justice.  Fix the justice system.  

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I think some on here think I am being dramatic with my projection of a wipe out at the GE,, I am not and want what’s best for the party and independence, that would be KF I am certain of that, I think the snp will do well to get 10 seat as it stands 

I don’t think it will be quite that bad.  There are members of the core support that would snp if Kermit the frog was the leader.

21 hours ago, Dave78 said:

I first came across him about 25 years ago when he set up a networking event (called First Tuesday) for IT companies and startups in Scotland. He's been around the block and knows his stuff. 

Business for Scotland is vital to the Yes movement and doesn't get enough attention/support IMO.

@Malcolm, BFS should be right up your street - https://www.businessforscotland.com/

Completely agree. Its hard to know who is genuine and who is not regarding Independence,  but he could easily have thrown the towel in after Indyref and did not. His own company is bank rolling a lot of the indy stuff they do, subs font cover all their costs. If there was a politically neutral force to  get behind this would be it for me. I have mentioned them a few times on here , I have joined their last 2 online independence congresses, but no one on here ever seems to involved. I would be at the march on Saturday but am on holiday. 

I see Mairi McAllan has glammed herself up and went with blonde highlights

She must be the Sturgeon camp's next choice v Forbes

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I see Mairi McAllan has glammed herself up and went with blonde highlights

She must be the Sturgeon camp's next choice v Forbes

Yes that’s the three, Forbes, McAllen and Flynn,, I had high hopes for macallan however she has been sidetracked by the the sturgo/green brigade 

but would I be right in saying she will be going on maternity leave shortly? Hope so

Edited by hampden_loon2878

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Supporting the SNP at the moment is a bit like being in a pub with a couple of mates who have been on the sauce all day, are absolutely blootered and are making a scene. Everyone else in the pub is either irritated by them or are laughing at them; the bar staff are no longer serving them and the bouncers are staring over at them, poised to pap them out; yet they are still roaring, singing and giggling away, completely unaware of how embarrassing they are, and you're left sat there thinking "please, just fucking STOP!".

The B-side to the HCA fiasco is going to be the Misogyny Act, which is set to reignite the whole bloody trans issue because they seem intent in including transwomen in the legislation. Wouldn't it have made more sense to have included sex as a protected characteristic in the HCA, meaning both biological females and transgender people would be covered equally?  

2 hours ago, mariokempes said:

Kermit would be a huge improvement on the current muppet.

Say what you like about Kermit, but he got a show out there every week. 

We, on the other hand, have Gonzo in charge.